Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike brown

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Mike brown

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Kobe is starting to be an ass because hes ceasing every opportunity to publicly attack Brown. His ass only has 2 good years left so I don't know why he's trying to finish off his career on a bad note.
    I'd say he's trying to do quite the opposite. Kobe is trying to finish out with another championship. That's hardly a bad note.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

I think the whole Mike Brown thing is being blown up.

I have no problem now with what he did benching Kobe and Bynum.
    At least we all know he has the b@lls to stand up to Kobe.

Look....he jumped on to the biggest franchise in the NBA on a short season.
    Cut the guy some freaking slack. I love my fellow Laker fans but come on now...stop acting like the sweet 16 girl who always gets what she wants. I'm spoiled as well with Championship or bust season after season but right now it will take time. The team as is still has a shot this year and next be patient yall.

Phil Jackson once pulled Bynum from a game for shooting a three. He has no business shooting that shot. Mike Brown's move was a "regular coaching move".

Kobe is starting to be an ass because hes ceasing every opportunity to publicly attack Brown. His ass only has 2 good years left so I don't know why he's trying to finish off his career on a bad note.
    There is a huge difference between Bynum now and when Phil benched him.
    Bottom line is that you don't bench a starter for 1 improper shot.....that's just bad coaching. Kobe said that Bynum shoots and makes those in practice.....so what is the big deal?
    Which was the bigger threat to lose that game......Bynum launching 1 3pt shot or Brown benching him for the game? That was stuff that could have been better handled during a timeout, after the game or during practice.
    This guy has no people skills in dealing with players, no coaching skills and no credibility. The player don't trust the guy because they know he doesn't know what he's doing and never stands behind his word....just ask Steve Blake.....you know....the starter for the forseeable future
    As for Kobe so called mouthing off......Kobe 5 rings, Brown 0......who knows more about winning??? STFU in advance if you say Brown

Look at how the moron has jerked around with playing time.....McRoberts should have been playing the whole time, just as I said....why did he start off playing so much, playing well before injury and then didn't see the floor much for 2 months until now, What did G-Lock do that earned him a daily DNP....he's obviously better than Blake. How do you make Ebanks your starter and now he's supposedly not good enough to ever get on the floor.......wake up people....these are not things any decent coach does. Brown is an idiot.

Whenever the Lakers season ends and they have the exit meetings do you actually think a single player will say they want to play for Mike Brown
    He needs to get his bags packed, he's a goner.

If guys got benched for an ill advised shot then who the hell would be on the court???

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Haha metta said this? When?
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb...s-fyi-20120215

Here you go MJ........Metta had it right when he said Brown is just a Video Editor Stats Guy.......Brown is not a decent coach, he needs to go back into his hole and do what he's qualified to do. The players all know this.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    There is a huge difference between Bynum now and when Phil benched him.
    Bottom line is that you don't bench a starter for 1 improper shot.....that's just bad coaching. Kobe said that Bynum shoots and makes those in practice.....so what is the big deal?
    Which was the bigger threat to lose that game......Bynum launching 1 3pt shot or Brown benching him for the game? That was stuff that could have been better handled during a timeout, after the game or during practice.
    This guy has no people skills in dealing with players, no coaching skills and no credibility. The player don't trust the guy because they know he doesn't know what he's doing and never stands behind his word....just ask Steve Blake.....you know....the starter for the forseeable future
    As for Kobe so called mouthing off......Kobe 5 rings, Brown 0......who knows more about winning??? STFU in advance if you say Brown

Look at how the moron has jerked around with playing time.....McRoberts should have been playing the whole time, just as I said....why did he start off playing so much, playing well before injury and then didn't see the floor much for 2 months until now, What did G-Lock do that earned him a daily DNP....he's obviously better than Blake. How do you make Ebanks your starter and now he's supposedly not good enough to ever get on the floor.......wake up people....these are not things any decent coach does. Brown is an idiot.

Whenever the Lakers season ends and they have the exit meetings do you actually think a single player will say they want to play for Mike Brown
    He needs to get his bags packed, he's a goner.

If guys got benched for an ill advised shot then who the hell would be on the court???
    Do you remember when JR Smith shot a half court shot in a playoff game with like 30 seconds left on the clock? Karl benched him the rest of the series.

I understand what Kobe said, Bynum makes those in practice. But in the game, when he misses them, they don't come relatively close. To me, JR smith shooting a half court shot in a game is more likely to go in than a bynum three pointer. Thats just my opinion anyways, he could be a good shooter. For the time being however, Bynum should not be shooting threes. He's huge, and his game is to give the other team a physical abuse downlow.

I will agree with you on what you're saying regarding Ebanks and all them. They have been strip teased basically with so much playing time in one game, then **** blocked with absolutely 0 playing time in many others. It is frustrating. I think at the time he was still figuring out what he can make with the toys he has. Right now it would be no excuse to see him put in new players and switch lineups. However I have not seen that from him lately.

Lastly, there seems to be a problem with Brown and Kobe. Kobe suddenly keeps making little attacks and involving himself with things that he should not be involving himself in. For example, Mike Brown questioned his shot selection, which is understandable why Kobe would respond and be irritated. You cannot question though that he does take some stupid a$$ shots. After that he started coming out saying "I drew the play for Bynum's winning shot....not Coach". Hmm, one attack there. Then he came out saying coach overreacted? Number 2, thats where I step back and say, whatever is between Bynum and coach should stay between Bynum and coach.

Kobe is running around puffing out his chest as if he's Jerry Buss' equal on this team. He hasn't learned to shut the **** up. Which is sad because he is a veteran today. He's too old to be complaining like Iverson and Starbury back when they got irritated with their coaches.

If im Kobe, rather than attacking coach, im sitting there trying to figure out why I take such horrible shot attempts, and then I ask myself "How come im not passing to Bynum more?"

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2012...s=iref:nbahpt2

Mike Brown talking about how he doesn't regret it. He mentions that "he is the coach of this team, and he will take the decisions necessary to win games".

Media members were reporting to Brown that Bynum said afterwards "If coach doesnt want me to shoot the three, im gonna keep shooting it". Then when he was benched, he was laughing and joking, and not caring at all.

Im the biggest Bynum homer, I refused to want to trade him for Dwight since the beginning of the season. I think Bynum is a retard. Here we are 31-19, and these stupid clowns that play for this team aren't giving a crap. His defiant behavior is going to make him look very unattractive as a teammate.

and sadly, Kobe is defending this clown that isn't taking games seriously? That sure says a lot about Kobe's will to win.

Edit: Brown has had a reputation of being an ass kisser to his superstar. This is exactly what he needs to do to show that he is coach, and he makes the final decision.

NBA lottery pick

Mike Brown talking about how he doesn't regret it. He mentions that "he is the coach of this team, and he will take the decisions necessary to win games".

Media members were reporting to Brown that Bynum said afterwards "If coach doesnt want me to shoot the three, im gonna keep shooting it". Then when he was benched, he was laughing and joking, and not caring at all.

Im the biggest Bynum homer, I refused to want to trade him for Dwight since the beginning of the season. I think Bynum is a retard. Here we are 31-19, and these stupid clowns that play for this team aren't giving a crap. His defiant behavior is going to make him look very unattractive as a teammate.

and sadly, Kobe is defending this clown that isn't taking games seriously? That sure says a lot about Kobe's will to win.

Edit: Brown has had a reputation of being an ass kisser to his superstar. This is exactly what he needs to do to show that he is coach, and he makes the final decision.
    Brown needs Bynum more than Bynum needs Brown. The fact of the matter is Brown has the best young C in the game and handled a situation incorrectly. Benching your star center isn't smart basketball. If Brown didn't want Bynum shooting 3's, then don't let him do it during practice. Talk to him there and resolve things outside of a real game that counts in the standings. There's no reason to make a public spectacle of it. Don't allow your players to do something in practice and then punish them for it come game time. If he was upset with Kobe's shot selection say something to him before the game.

Made that high school varsity squad Kappy's Avatar

I AGREE 100%! Look, Brown is the coach. Period. And he needs to let the guys know that "he's in charge," NOT them. Maybe, just maybe, if the players can get that through their thick minds and egos, then they won't take idiotic shots. Bynum should have never of taken that shot. I mean, seriously, WTH was the guy thinking?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Brown needs Bynum more than Bynum needs Brown. The fact of the matter is Brown has the best young C in the game and handled a situation incorrectly. Benching your star center isn't smart basketball. If Brown didn't want Bynum shooting 3's, then don't let him do it during practice. Talk to him there and resolve things outside of a real game that counts in the standings. There's no reason to make a public spectacle of it. Don't allow your players to do something in practice and then punish them for it come game time. If he was upset with Kobe's shot selection say something to him before the game.
    Exactly!!!!!!! A good coach knows how to handle the situation without causing a commotion and risking a loss. Brown is no coach or a leader of any sort.
    Bynum had just hit a 3 pointer in the previous game........what's the big deal, it's not like anyone on the team is making a decent percentage from 3.

Again Lakerfreak, if you watched the previous game you would know that Bynum took a 3 at the end of the game and made it. His % from 3 is better than Pau who gets to cast 3's anytime he wants.

Kobe knows that Brown is a complete dumbass, Bynum......and the entire team knows that Brown is a joke and cannot coach......kinda clueless to blame Kobe for his comments. Brown's bullying tactics are not going to make him a good coach.
    Last edited by DKLaker; 03-29-2012 at 08:23 PM.

I rule the local playground m1sterb's Avatar

Bynum should not be shooting any 3's at all. I don't care what he does in practice and certainly not when there was 20+ seconds on the shot clock. The guy needs to be down low forcing position demanding the ball and getting ready for a board.

DK you would honestly want Bynum shooting a 3 instead of Pau? PLEASE! Don't give me stats, your trolling if you think otherwise. If bynum wants to work on his jump shot let his a55 start working on his free throws. It would certainly benefit the TEAM more.

And that 3 was indeed bench worthy and I'm glad the coach did it. And if he continues bench his a55 again. Kobe's attitude is so rubbing off on this kid its sick. And I'm glad his a55 was benched as well. He needed it!

And DK how do you know that that's all Bynum did was shoot a 3? I honestly don't feel like looking up his statline in boards at the time he was yanked, but its not like he has been wowing us with his effort on the court. Playing time is what they value most, if they don't give proper effort and only want to play offense then let them ride the pine.

They need to work together and they have no leader. Kobe is becoming so incredibly frustrating to watch even for a fan. The dood has never been and never will be a leader. He just doesn't have that quality in him. He should of picked golf or tennis where he can show his 1 on 1. I'm becoming sick of him and his cancer to teamwork. There, I've said it.

I can't believe Pau is 7 feet tall and is so unwilling to smack his ass. Just smack him please... PLEASE! The man is in need!!!

Perhaps Kobe would respect him more, and if not then Kobe can sulk knowing he's wasted yet another year.

Great post Freak.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by m1sterb
    Kobe's attitude is so rubbing off on this kid its sick.
    I hope it is!!!!! It's that attitude that's made Kobe one of the greatest players this game has seen. I think every fan should want Bynum to end up with that same killer instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by m1sterb
    They need to work together and they have no leader. Kobe is becoming so incredibly frustrating to watch even for a fan. The dood has never been and never will be a leader. He just doesn't have that quality in him. He should of picked golf or tennis where he can show his 1 on 1. I'm becoming sick of him and his cancer to teamwork. There, I've said it.
    You're insane if you don't like to watch Kobe Bryant play basketball. Saying something like that makes you sound like a spoiled fan. To have one of the best players in the league on your team and complain about him is ridiculous. Would you really rather see him traded????? The Lakers wouldn't be in contention if they did. Kobe has always been a leader. He makes players around him better. Look at all the people that have left LA that looked a heck of a lot better here than they do with their new teams..... A defense focuses so much on trying to shut down Kobe it opens things up for others naturally. Now that we have a PG that can run a bit we're starting to see more of that too. Kobe hasn't been complaining and he hasn't been falling into the media's traps of trying to make him say things he shouldn't. He deserves a real coach (as does the rest of the team). It's too bad there's hardly any Cleveland fans on this message board. You would see how much they didn't like Brown either. I'm pretty sure there's a thread somewhere that mentioned good riddance to him when he was fired from Cleveland. Remember, this isn't just a Kobe thing either. Lebron didn't want to play for him anymore as well. That's the whole reason whe was fired that season! It was an attempt by Cleveland to keep Lebron happy to try to resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I hope it is!!!!! It's that attitude that's made Kobe one of the greatest players this game has seen. I think every fan should want Bynum to end up with that same killer instinct.

You're insane if you don't like to watch Kobe Bryant play basketball. Saying something like that makes you sound like a spoiled fan. To have one of the best players in the league on your team and complain about him is ridiculous. Would you really rather see him traded????? The Lakers wouldn't be in contention if they did. Kobe has always been a leader. He makes players around him better. Look at all the people that have left LA that looked a heck of a lot better here than they do with their new teams..... A defense focuses so much on trying to shut down Kobe it opens things up for others naturally. Now that we have a PG that can run a bit we're starting to see more of that too. Kobe hasn't been complaining and he hasn't been falling into the media's traps of trying to make him say things he shouldn't. He deserves a real coach (as does the rest of the team). It's too bad there's hardly any Cleveland fans on this message board. You would see how much they didn't like Brown either. I'm pretty sure there's a thread somewhere that mentioned good riddance to him when he was fired from Cleveland. Remember, this isn't just a Kobe thing either. Lebron didn't want to play for him anymore as well. That's the whole reason whe was fired that season! It was an attempt by Cleveland to keep Lebron happy to try to resign him.

Thank You!!!!!

Mike Brown has a history of incompetence.......that's all his history is......the Cleveland players hated him and knew he was clueless, their fans were intelligent enough to figure this out, the Lakers players know Brown is a clueless idiot. I know he's an idiot who doesn't know how to manage his players and sure the hell doesn't know how to coach.
    Some guys on here have no clue and act like this guy has a background as some legendary coach
    Brown is just a coat tail rider....living off Lebron and Kobe.
    So Fking what if Bynum shot a 3....seriously, so Fking what? I personally have chewed out my PF's and C's for shooting 3's, but it's not worth benching at all.....that is something a YOUNG inexperienced coach does....just as Kobe said. Brown should be benched for not knowing any offensive plays and not being able to make any decisions which make sense.

NBA rookie of the year

Don't you think the whole Bynum thing is getting blown up now? If people don't agree with you, it ain't worth posting on 2 accounts/obsessing over bro. He shot a dumb shot he shouldn't have taken, then didn't even run back on defense. Every coach would have benched him, and especially Phil in a meaningless regular season game.

I do have a few complaints about Mike Brown:

1) Kobe plays too many minutes
    2) Goudelock doesn't get any minutes

For starters, I dislike the fact that he's played Kobe so many minutes this season. 38.6 minutes a game..that is way too much. That should be cut down to 33-34 tops. The fatigue has clearly shown in his game the past 10 games averaging 30 something percent from the field. I don't remember Kobe ever having such a bad shooting stretch in all of his career.

Next, I hate how Goudelock has all of a sudden been removed from the rotation. The guy was giving us 8-10 points off the bench a game at home AND the on the road. How many players in the league, let alone, a rookie can do something like that? Think of about how much that could boaster the bench production.

Dear Mike Brown,

Lessen Kobe's minutes, and give Goudelock more minutes. Addition by subtraction! You will surely be surprised at the result. That is all.

-Lakers fan
    Last edited by BallsOut; 03-30-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Learning to shoot layups

i honesty have NO IDEA why Murphy gets any minutes. the guy needs to be cut.