Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Biased Troll

Default If you bash Christians - you're progressive, hip. Bash Jews, Muslims? Racist. Yes?

Lil somethin I've noticed:

The same people on this board who love to rip into everything about christianity -

typically the younger posters with virtually no self-identity and even less swag, who desperately seek refuge and acceptance in the progressive "counter culture", who will spout any hyper-liberal drivel that they think makes them appear sophisticated and progressive, the posters whose inability to articulate independent thought has reduced them to simply choosing one team or the other and waiving its flag without understanding why -

always seem to be the same ones who are ready to throw a fit and whip the "bigotry" card off their hip like a six-shooter if you dare say anything offensive about any other religions. They'll even fire off "racist" labels in a discussion about religion, even though the two are completely unrelated (thats clearly not gonna stop their crusade of "equality for all, with an emphasis on extra equality for some.")

Person A: "Christians are ignorant hypocrites who just want an excuse to control you and and take advantage of your stupid blind faith, they believe fairytales and dont live the way they tell everyone else to."
    Hipster: "Amen to that - No pun intended! Ahahahaha!

Person A: "And Jews are money-grubbing, conniving manipulators whose only agenda is to keep Jews on top..."
    Hipster: "WTF?? Where did you come from, Mississippi??? What an ignorant bigot you are, get away from me.

Person A: And those stupid terrorist, towel-head muslims, they oughtta GTFO because that stuff they believe in is pure nonsense.
    Hipster: Excuse me, have you ever heard of freedom of religion? It's in the constitution you arrogant redneck racist bigot. Go add more George Bush bumper stickers to your pickup you fukcing dumb hick. How dare you generalize muslims like that, your intolerance is what's wrong with this country!!!

Why is it that ripping Christians is accepted as fun, forgivable, and leisurely...

But ripping Jews or Muslims is considered hostile, racist, hateful, disrespectful, and inexcusable?

Last edited by FourthTenor; 07-05-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Default Re: If you bash Christians - your progressive, hip. Bash Jews, Muslims? Racist. Yes?

ripping on religions in general is just stupid

Default Re: If you bash Christians - your progressive, hip. Bash Jews, Muslims? Racist. Yes?

I don't bash Christians. I bash anyone who tries to shove their beliefs in my face and down my throat. Doesn't matter to me what religion they are or beliefs they hold, that's their choice and I have no problem with it. Just don't act all holier than thou and come off like your way is the only right way.

High School Starter

Default Re: If you bash Christians - you're progressive, hip. Bash Jews, Muslims? Racist. Yes?

the example you gave for critiquing Christians is more applicable to many if not all religions to an extent. However, the Jewish and Muslim ones were stereotypes that have little to do with Judaism or Islam, or if they do, they're distorted views of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    I don't bash Christians. I bash anyone who tries to shove their beliefs in my face and down my throat. Doesn't matter to me what religion they are or beliefs they hold, that's their choice and I have no problem with it. Just don't act all holier than thou and come off like your way is the only right way.
    Agreed.
    Same can be said for atheism, though. We don't want that shoved down our throats, either.

Default Re: If you bash Christians - you're progressive, hip. Bash Jews, Muslims? Racist. Yes

Had not realized this double standard until now. Good catch.

This right here. Pretty much sums up my stance.

Cali Love

Default Re: If you bash Christians - you're progressive, hip. Bash Jews, Muslims? Racist. Yes?

Yea you mofos bashing us after 9/11 isn't enough apparently

Biased Troll

That's well enough but there's been a bunch of posts about religion lately, particularly christianity, and a bunch of the same cornball posters who used to kill people for saying anything un-PC about minority religions are the same ones who are tripping over each other to be the loudest and proudest christian basher.

its just that funny little mindset of "its ok to neglect or taunt anything thats in the majority, the establishment, etc. just so long as we never, ever let that happen to the little guy."

Learning to shoot layups Banksh's Avatar

because christians go around annoyingly and retardly knocking on doors trying to convert random people. Jews never beg for converts and though muslims ask for money if you live near a mosque and like converts they dont try to annoyingly force their religion upon you like those retarded dork christians who knock on your door do.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny37
    Agreed.
    Same can be said for atheism, though. We don't want that shoved down our throats, either.

yup, this goes for self righteous atheists as well, but in my personal experience, it's the lunatic Christians that do this the most. Now worldwide we all have heard stories about the crazy fundamentalist Muslim like the Taliban are, but they don't really affect me here in the States.

Here, I gotta deal with the right wing Christian fanatics that want to impose their values on me.

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTenor
    That's well enough but there's been a bunch of posts about religion lately, particularly christianity, and a bunch of the same cornball posters who used to kill people for saying anything un-PC about minority religions are the same ones who are tripping over each other to be the loudest and proudest christian basher.

its just that funny little mindset of "its ok to neglect or taunt anything thats in the majority, the establishment, etc. just so long as we never, ever let that happen to the little guy."
    Because there aren't any idiotic Muslims or Jews on this website making threads to spew their radical views and look down upon people that don't think along the same lines as them, such as Bladers does. Bladers view of the world doesn't represent other Christian's views. If a self proclaimed Muslim or Jew came out making threads similar to his, I'm pretty sure people would be all over his a** as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTenor

most of that sentiment is just backlash towards trolls like Bladers. i've posted the whole Jesus raptor bit too but it's just out of annoyance, not any true dislike for Christians. (My wife is Catholic and we were married in a church)
    Last edited by rezznor; 07-05-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Calling Jews greedy and Muslims terrorists is different than saying the Christian version of God doesn't exist.

Great another religion thread.