Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Robert DeNiro in Raging Bull vs Daniel Day Lewis in There Will be Blood

Which is the better performance?

Default Re: Robert DeNiro in Raging Bull vs Daniel Day Lewis in There Will be Blood

Can I choose Javier Bardem in No Country For Old Men?

I actually prefer De Niro in Taxi Driver - inspired performance.

Banned

Default Re: Robert DeNiro in Raging Bull vs Daniel Day Lewis in There Will be Blood

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS

deniro in raging bull is world-class acting, just something special

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    Can I choose Javier Bardem in No Country For Old Men?

Anyway, DeNiro.

There Will Be Blood is one of the most overrated movies of all time. DDL was fantastic, though.

Banned

There's only one type of person who makes threads like this. You might change up your approach every now and again, but this is what you do. The sort with shaky confidence who doesn't think they're at all interesting.

Take a look at the op. You're only interested in what other people think.

Why?

Are you going to save the replies for a time when you're out with your friends to give the appearance that you know what you're talking about? Tryhard doesn't work and it always ends up with some thin skinned loser going down in flames. It's not what you say that makes you interesting. It's the charm and charisma. This is why Maniak, Scholar, Fat's Montrash and those types have such bitter hard on for Bruinlove. He's exactly who they wish they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Stempel, HERB
    There's only one type of person who makes threads like this. You might change up your approach every now and again, but this is what you do. The sort with shaky confidence who doesn't think they're at all interesting.

Why?

Are you going to save the replies for a time when you're out with your friends to give the appearance that you know what you're talking about? Tryhard doesn't work and it always ends up with some thin skinned loser going down in flames. It's not what you say that makes you interesting. It's the charm and charisma. This is why Maniak, Scholar, Fat's Montrash and those types have such bitter hard on for Bruinlove. He's exactly who they wish they were.

This guy does nothing but call people out

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Why?

What?

Stop over analyzing stuff.

Banned

Why?

good shit right here. that will teach op a lesson

DeNiro: better performance, much better film.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I'd put DeNiro's performances in Taxi Driver and The Deer Hunter over Raging Bull, FWIW. He was terrific in Raging Bull, but that film was a little more style than substance compared to the other two. Incredible cinematography and an innovative style, especially the first person stuff in the ring with the sweat/blood flying.

But, his portrayal of Jake LaMotta doesn't affect me as much as Michael in The Deer Hunter and Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver.

As for the question, DDL's performance in TWBB is maybe the greatest I've ever seen... so, I'll take him.

Banned

Sheeeeeeeit, that's a tough one. Definitely have those performances in my top 5 all time. If you held a gun to my head I'd probably go with Deniro as he had to transform his body drastically throughout filming- from the athletic, ripped championship boxer to the grossly overweight club owner. It took more of a commitment physically from Bobby D, but DDL is maniacal when it comes to the method approach so I'm sure he probably took 6 months to learn the old school oil business hands on. Both A class performances though.

I'd put DeNiro's performances in Taxi Driver and The Deer Hunter over Raging Bull, FWIW.
    No way. If anything, his performance in Godfather 2 trumps those.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Sheeeeeeeit, that's a tough one. Definitely have those performances in my top 5 all time. If you held a gun to my head I'd probably go with Deniro as he had to transform his body drastically throughout filming- from the athletic, ripped championship boxer to the grossly overweight club owner. It took more of a commitment physically from Bobby D, but DDL is maniacal when it comes to the method approach so I'm sure he probably took 6 months to learn the old school oil business hands on. Both A class performances though.

No way. If anything, his performance in Godfather 2 trumps those.

How about Christian Bale going from disgustingly emaciated in The Machinist (great film) to ultra ripped for Batman Begins?

Banned

Al Pacino-Carlito's way

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    How about Christian Bale going from disgustingly emaciated in The Machinist (great film) to ultra ripped for Batman Begins?
    PEDs

But seriously, I think Bale is massively overrated and a ham but his best quality is his ability to transform his body for roles.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    PEDs

But seriously, I think Bale is massively overrated and a ham but his best quality is his ability to transform his body for roles.

Agreed. DeNiro and DDL are both of a higher caliber than Bale; however, Machinist -> BB was one of the most impressive things I've seen.