Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Suns Seeking To Trade Draft Picks For Star Player

[QUOTE]The Phoenix Suns are looking to trade one or more draft picks in the 2014 NBA Draft for a proven star player who can make an immediate impact.

The Suns will have as many as four picks in June's draft and are not placing them off limits in potential trades.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Suns Seeking To Trade Draft Picks For Star Player

Lakers will give Phoenix Steve Nash, Jodie Meeks and Chris Kaman for Emeka Okafor and one of their 2014 first round picks.

Considering the Suns already have a pretty good record and a proven star would put them over that hump, what team would trade said star for a pick that will probably not be a lottery pick?

College star

Seeing how all the picks the Suns have are highly protected, I'd have to assume a team would likely be trading a star whose contract they are already trying to dump or an expirer who's sure to leave in free agency.

It's a very short list when you apply that to their other criteria. Not sure what bottom feeder actually has a young star worth trading for late first rounders.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Eric Gordon and Austin Rivers for;

Alex Len, Okafor, and a first round pick...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Eric Gordon and Austin Rivers for;

Alex Len, Okafor, and a first round pick...
    Why would we trade for two more guards when we already have bledsoe and dragic who are both better than those players?

Quote Originally Posted by blackification
    Why would we trade for two more guards when we already have bledsoe and dragic who are both better than those players?
    Because I was joking,

But the more I look at it, the more it's actually not that bad...Ish Smith and Goodwin are getting like 20 minutes combined a game. And green is playing 27 minutes.

Seems like you could actually carve out like 25 minutes a game in which you'd want Gordon out there.

But I was just messing around...I watch a lot of Pelicans games and just want Gordon gone.

To suns fans...how would Luol Deng fit in on this team?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I can't really think of any readily available options, though Eric Gordon does make some sense, but Ryan McDonough's doing a helluva job. Suns got a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I can't really think of any readily available options, though Eric Gordon does make some sense, but Ryan McDonough's doing a helluva job. Suns got a good one.
    Danny Granger?

If I was the Pacers...I'd be on the phone looking to get anything I could for Granger.

Suns sending Okafor (expiring contract) and a pick would be great.

College star

To suns fans...how would Luol Deng fit in on this team?
    Doubt Suns trade a draft pick for him, they can just offer him a contract at years end. Sounds like they want someone under contract for a couple years.

Gordon would make plenty sense a year ago but now the Suns have turned a weakness into strength at the guard position. What they need is a big. Dare I say, Greg Monroe?

Think he's a free agent this summer too though.

Very good NBA starter

Kevin Love.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Danny Granger?

If I was the Pacers...I'd be on the phone looking to get anything I could for Granger.

Yeah I'd take that, but that makes no sense for Phoenix. Granger's expiring, and they could keep him if they wanted, but the dude's 30, turns 31 this year, and not like the Suns are going to be contending in the next 3 or so years (probably). That's a tread water move, McDonough's way smarter than that. He's not about to give up picks in a great draft for a 30+ dude that has a degenerative knee condition. Though PHX does have those healing hands trainers...

Eric Gordon could make some sense, I could see like Okafor + Rivers + 1st for him.

Anyway, Pacers really can't afford to trade Granger. Literally afford. We're not going into the tax and Granger's money's going to PG's extension and we need to re-sign Stephenson. So if Granger got moved it'd have to be for a HUGE expirer. Which is basically the same situation PHX has with Okafor except we actually have some interest in getting Granger healthy and knocking down a bunch of 3s off the bench, PHX probably doesn't give a shit about Okafor ever playing again.

College star

Danny Granger?

I thought that too, but Pacers should A) see if Granger can serve as a supersub for their bench, and B) if they do deal Granger, it's gotta be for a point guard. I definitely see Hill losing the Pacers games against a presumed postseason showdown with Miami. Guy has some sus handles, full court press exposes him too easily. A la last year.

Maybe a three way deal? Picks to Toronto, Granger to Suns, Lowry to Pacers.

Though, Granger doesn't exactly fit the Suns' '20 something year old star" description.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Doubt Suns trade a draft pick for him, they can just offer him a contract at years end. Sounds like they want someone under contract for a couple years.

Gordon would make plenty sense a year ago but now the Suns have turned a weakness into strength at the guard position. What they need is a big. Dare I say, Greg Monroe?

Think he's a free agent this summer too though.
    I took part of this as them wanting to for sure make the playoffs. They could easily miss the playoffs with this roster.

I'm with you, I wouldn't do anything...I'd see this thing play out and almost hope I missed the playoffs for yet another solid pick...and a ton of cap space this summer.

The only have like 30 million on the books before the pay Bledsoe.