Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Black Mass Trailer - Johnny Depp is back

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Awesome trailer. Reminiscent of Joe Pesci's "funny like a clown" moment in Goodfellas
    that's what it reminded me of as well

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I've read this book, and a lot of others about Bulger, so I've been following this production for a while. The trailer is promising. And the cast is really strong. I'm a touch worried about the novice director. Especially with Depp's potential for going beyond reason. I feel like Depp needs a strong director and editor for that reason. And the Boston accent can really look bad after multiple watchings of the same movie, especially when it's trying to come off seriously.

The director has only two other flicks under his belt. Crazy Heart, and Out of the Furnace. Crazy Heart I wasn't super fond of, but he did pull a great performance out of Jeff Bridges. Out of the Furnace I liked better than it's general critical reception. But it is a grimy, intense movie without any let up. And in the wrong state of mind I can see just hating it. And while it was a little on the nose in spots from the way it read visually, it was generally well directed in my opinion.

So thats why we have to wait to wait 2 years for a new season of Sherlock, this fvcktard benedict has been making films

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Awesome trailer. Reminiscent of Joe Pesci's "funny like a clown" moment in Goodfellas

A little too reminiscent, like the director wants to copy Scorsese.

I wonder what is so appealing about crazy psycho shitbags like this gangster in the movies in general... People flock to those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    So thats why we have to wait to wait 2 years for a new season of Sherlock, this fvcktard benedict has been making films
    Third season was a level below the first two, maybe it's for the best.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE3e3hGF2jc

Finally, no more of his pirate crap.
    I liked Mortdecai...

The trailor does look intriguing though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I've read this book, and a lot of others about Bulger, so I've been following this production for a while. The trailer is promising. And the cast is really strong. I'm a touch worried about the novice director. Especially with Depp's potential for going beyond reason. I feel like Depp needs a strong director and editor for that reason. And the Boston accent can really look bad after multiple watchings of the same movie, especially when it's trying to come off seriously.

The director has only two other flicks under his belt. Crazy Heart, and Out of the Furnace. Crazy Heart I wasn't super fond of, but he did pull a great performance out of Jeff Bridges. Out of the Furnace I liked better than it's general critical reception. But it is a grimy, intense movie without any let up. And in the wrong state of mind I can see just hating it. And while it was a little on the nose in spots from the way it read visually, it was generally well directed in my opinion.
    Yup, same. Haven't seen Crazy Heart but I was one of the first people to see Out of the Furnace which was followed by a Q&A with Cooper. Very disappointing flick, especially given the A list talent he was handed. It wasn't bad and I thought Woody Harrelson killed it. Hopefully he's learned from his first 2 features. Pretty crazy that he's had Jeff Bridges, Christian Bale, and now Johnny Depp starring in his films and he has no History to speak of in terms of film making. Must have some crazy connections with very deep pockets.

Decent playground baller Wiltside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Third season was a level below the first two, maybe it's for the best.
    I liked the show at first, but I don't think I have watched all of the 3rd season because I had already started losing interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltside
    I liked the show at first, but I don't think I have watched all of the 3rd season because I had already started losing interest.
    I had to force myself through the first two episodes of third season, although I loved the previous seasons, only the last episode was worth watching.

I liked the pirates movies.

Saw the trailer, interested

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Yup, same. Haven't seen Crazy Heart but I was one of the first people to see Out of the Furnace which was followed by a Q&A with Cooper. Very disappointing flick, especially given the A list talent he was handed. It wasn't bad and I thought Woody Harrelson killed it. Hopefully he's learned from his first 2 features. Pretty crazy that he's had Jeff Bridges, Christian Bale, and now Johnny Depp starring in his films and he has no History to speak of in terms of film making. Must have some crazy connections with very deep pockets.
    He's not making big budget films and only Depp probably got a big payday, if even him. Whether they're right or wrong, these guys are working with Cooper because they believe in his directing.

Was Ray Liotta unavailable?

Looks interesting.