Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 08-08-2006, 01:19 PM   #16
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

lol, true that. I don't think deal 3 is so lopsided. So why don't you offer some trades?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:12 PM   #17
roth15syr
I brick open layups

The problem is the Nuggets really have nothing to give that's not essential to them right now. Maybe KMart straight up, but the would be salary for Bonzi wouldn't come close, the Nuggz need insurance for Nene and Camby, and as I said I don't really like thinking about the influence Bonzi would have on my boy Carmelo off the court. BTW, Melo's been AMAZING in the world championship warmups so far. They say the injury isn't serious, and he's being strongly considered for captain. I hope he gets it. He's led the team in scoring 2/3 of the time and was second the 1 time he wasn't.
roth15syr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #18
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Bonzi was a top class citizen in sacramento. IMO he doesn't deserve his bad rep. He was in a horrible situation in portland and in memphis, he really got treated like crap by the coach. He got benched for no reason he was told of and was left off the playoff roster without explanatation, even a good guy like melo would turn artest on denver if he was benched for no reason or left of the playoffroster without reason. Speaking of melo, he looks really good in int'l ball, because i think it suits him very well. He can overpower most 3/4s and he can shoot (like an int'l big man is supposed to)
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:05 AM   #19
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

In my mind, the nuggets are better without wells. He doesn't fit this team. I think bonzi is a solid NBA player but is better of in some other team.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:16 AM   #20
pennstate73
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjithonious
If I'm the Nuggets' management I say:

1. NO

2. NO

3. NO

4. and.... NO

Miller is a better player than Wells and Kenyon is a better player than either Wells or any of those other additional players. We do need cap room (expiring contracts), but money won't help us improve much when there aren't many promising free agents on the market anymore. At this point, I only see us dealing Martin in a sign and trade for Van Horn or after the season starts and he raises his stock by playing well or he absolutely cannot get along in Denver.

By Ric Bucher
ESPN.com

Bonzi Wells, the last significant free-agent talent on the market, agreed to a two-year, $5 million deal with the Houston Rockets on Wednesday, according to his agent.

Wells

Wells holds a player option for the second year and fully plans to re-enter the free agent market next summer.

pennstate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #21
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

You got J.R. Smith.

Him and Melo are gonna lead that team for years and years to come.

Get Rid of K-Mart and get someone who will play.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: