Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 09-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
wildeman
I hit open layups

Default Boozer is a believer!!

May be old news but I'm stoked for the upcoming season!

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=5521714
wildeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Default Re: Boozer is a believer!!

Let's hope he's right and let's hope he's been working on his game to merit setting such high expectations. This is undoubtedly a really good team on paper we just have to bring it all together in regards to chemistry and implementing our coach's vision and strategies.

One of the most important things for us is going to be the ability to stay healthy as a team. We all know which particular players on our roster are injury prone and I hope that's something that doesn't happen again. Injuries for the most part are just unlucky misfortunes, but I do think that some can be prevented by players working on their strength, conditioning, and just taking care of their bodies overall. I really hope we're lucky in this department and stay healthy as a whole.

In the event that we're so unlucky to have someone going down with an injury this year's team has good depth so that should be able to keep us playing well anyway.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
SinJackal
Banned

lol, "we have to get in the lab and mix it up". Funny quote.

Boozer's gonna be smashin' people this year. Best scoring big the Bulls have ever had.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:16 AM   #4
tamaraw08
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Let's hope he's right and let's hope he's been working on his game to merit setting such high expectations. This is undoubtedly a really good team on paper we just have to bring it all together in regards to chemistry and implementing our coach's vision and strategies.

One of the most important things for us is going to be the ability to stay healthy as a team. We all know which particular players on our roster are injury prone and I hope that's something that doesn't happen again. Injuries for the most part are just unlucky misfortunes, but I do think that some can be prevented by players working on their strength, conditioning, and just taking care of their bodies overall. I really hope we're lucky in this department and stay healthy as a whole.

In the event that we're so unlucky to have someone going down with an injury this year's team has good depth so that should be able to keep us playing well anyway.

Great point about the value of being healthy. I think they team would be alright if Deng sits out some games but Boozer is so valuable to the team right now and him missing too many games could be fatal for the team's chances.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #5
SinJackal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Great point about the value of being healthy. I think they team would be alright if Deng sits out some games but Boozer is so valuable to the team right now and him missing too many games could be fatal for the team's chances.

Yeah. Boozer's going to be a huge key this year. I'd be fine if he sat some games though so he's fully rested for the postseason, even if it means we slip down by a seed in the process. We don't need home court the whole way to win. There have been plenty of champs who won w/o the 1-2 seed. We just gotta be good!

Plus I have the feeling that our guys might wanna play through knowing they're on a legit squad.

Health's always an issue for any team, but we got depth this year. ^_^
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:09 AM   #6
UrChicagoBulls
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08

I don't know about that, we still have Taj, Kurt Thomas and Asik to play at the 4, where if we lost Deng for any extended period we'd have to play Korver or Brewer there and then a lot more JJ, who I just feel isn't ready.

I know Taj doesn't score as much and his offensive game isn't as refined as Booz's, but he's a better defender (IMHO) and we know that we can count on him to start in this league.
UrChicagoBulls is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: