Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 04-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Gordon Open To Signing Extension

Quote:
Clippers guard Eric Gordon is open to the possibility of a contract extension sometime within the next year or so.

"That might be a year down the road," Gordon said when asked about a possible long-term pact. "I would like to be with the Clippers and see what's going to happen, possibly get an extension after next year. You just never now."

The Clippers have struggled for quite a while, but Gordon sees promise in their current core, especially with Blake Griffin, who missed his entire rookie season.

"We tried to develop some chemistry in the summer league, but he's basically been hurt since then," Gordon said. "We're still close. We know we'll probably be together for a while. We're going to spend some time working out together.

"I think in a couple months, he'll be 100 percent, if he's not now."

RealGM WireTap

Get it done Roeser.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gordon Open To Signing Extension

I like Gordon, but I do not think he will ever be a #1 option. But i do think he is capable of becoming a nice 2 option. I don't see that assertive and aggressiveness in him to be a #1.

Yea, I think it would be amazing if they can re-sign him. I worry about the young players on the CLippers looking to just bolt when their rook deals end. It would be smart to lock him up while he is still interested.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:48 AM   #3
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I like Gordon, but I do not think he will ever be a #1 option. But i do think he is capable of becoming a nice 2 option. I don't see that assertive and aggressiveness in him to be a #1.

Yea, I think it would be amazing if they can re-sign him. I worry about the young players on the CLippers looking to just bolt when their rook deals end. It would be smart to lock him up while he is still interested.

I don't think he's expected to be a number 1 option, thats not his role, blake griffin can hopefully be that in the future, for now it has to be baron and he has to be motivated
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
I don't think he's expected to be a number 1 option, thats not his role, blake griffin can hopefully be that in the future, for now it has to be baron and he has to be motivated

Baron being the #1 option is what is wrong with the Clippers. He is not always motivated and honestly his game is nothing more than average since he has been here. Hopefully one of the young guns emerge next year bc Baron dominating has not really helped
Old 04-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, I can't see Gordon ever maturing into a legitimate #1 option due to how humble he is on the court, but believe he does have the tools to get there. Either way, the Clippers don't have a #1 option, it should be Baron, but it hasn't and this past season, it seemed the #1 option role changed every night. That doesn't sound like a huge negative, but when you have Rasual Butler and Craig Smith as your go to guys on a consistent basis, it sounds meh.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Problem with Baron is that he will show you very aggressive offense and will show that he is capable of putting up big numbers. And then the next game, he is virtually invincible and doing nothing more than bringing up the ball up the court. Very inconsistent. Sometimes, the Clippers need for him to be assertive on offense, but he picks and chooses when to.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Baron being the #1 option is what is wrong with the Clippers. He is not always motivated and honestly his game is nothing more than average since he has been here. Hopefully one of the young guns emerge next year bc Baron dominating has not really helped

I think thats because he doesn't really fit into the system they play here. At least the system that dunleavy had instilled before being fired lol.

He's better in a run n gun system. Or at least a system that relies on jump shooting.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:37 PM   #8
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
He's better in a run n gun system. Or at least a system that relies on jump shooting.

hughes let him run as much as he wanted but baron was out of shape and couldn't do anything, he was playing great in dunleavys system for a few weeks, he was able to adjust he just didnt stay motivated and after they were to far out to make the playoffs he stopped trying
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #9
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love Gordon. His dedication to improvement and his maturity is what makes him such a great player to have on the Clippers.

I also dont believe that he could be a primary option but as a secondary, I think he is more than capable. I hope he does sign an extention. Gordon and Griffin can eventually be quite the dynamic duo.

Also,like many mentioned.. I dont like Davis on the Clipps, I think he is one of the biggest reasons why their progression is stalling. Him and all of the other obvious things.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: