Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    this is your life fudge....one big emoticon party when Richie says something

could you suck on his co-ck any harder?

be yourself and get your own opinions for once, grow up....
    Naw, brother. We just like knocking on your stupid ass all day long. It isn't really that surprising that I post right after Richie. Not a surprise at all, it's your stupidity that attracts us, bruh. Don't get it twisted.

"Be Yourself"? I don't need no damn lecture from you.
    Last edited by Fudge; 07-02-2007 at 05:35 PM.

PT is right... name another player of 7'0" or higher that can shoot from anywhere on the court, off the dribble, off screens or on set shots like Dirk. That coupled with his passing does make Dirk the first of his kind and imo a top 5 (at worst top 7 player). And why does it matter if the height is 6'9" or 7'0"?.... is because 6'9" is not a unique height and you are in SF territory. 7'0" and able to do waht Dirk does is unique.

Additionally offense trumps defense by far. This is what allows players like Nash, LBJ, Dirk, AI, Anthony, Amare and others to be the best in the game despite their defensive ineptitude. If defense were so highly touted in determining individual and team succes, why is Marcus Camby (the DPOY) not a top 5, let alone top 30 player? Where do B.Wallace, Bruce Bowen, etc. rank? And if you want to add two way players (offense and defense) where do players like Battier and Artest rank? All standout defensive players, but not top tier players.
    Also a lack of individual defensive talent can be masked by team defense.

Very good NBA starter

What is it with Mavs fans (on this board) being annoying and relentlessly stubborn?

First it's Maverickfan4life (or somesh!t), then it's Fabcasablacas, now it's Primetime...

Are you guys attached to Nowitzki at the hip or something?

Does Marc Cuban and his antics rub off on y'all?

Top 5 players dont get dunked on by MAtt Barnes....

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    PT is right... name another player of 7'0" or higher that can shoot from anywhere on the court, off the dribble, off screens or on set shots like Dirk. That coupled with his passing does make Dirk the first of his kind and imo a top 5 (at worst top 7 player). And why does it matter if the height is 6'9" or 7'0"?.... is because 6'9" is not a unique height and you are in SF territory. 7'0" and able to do waht Dirk does is unique.

Additionally offense trumps defense by far. This is what allows players like Nash, LBJ, Dirk, AI, Anthony, Amare and others to be the best in the game despite their defensive ineptitude. If defense were so highly touted in determining individual and team succes, why is Marcus Camby (the DPOY) not a top 5, let alone top 30 player? Where do B.Wallace, Bruce Bowen, etc. rank? And if you want to add two way players (offense and defense) where do players like Battier and Artest rank? All standout defensive players, but not top tier players.
    Also a lack of individual defensive talent can be masked by team defense.
    thank you for the back up

although I doubt rich will reply to you, Fudge might post a smiley face though.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    What is it with Mavs fans (on this board) being annoying and relentlessly stubborn?

First it's Maverickfan4life (or somesh!t), then it's Fabcasablacas, now it's Primetime...

Are you guys attached to Nowitzki at the hip or something?

Does Marc Cuban and his antics rub off on y'all?
    I'm not a Mav fan, but I find it funny that the MVP had a bad playoff series, and all of a sudden he is no longer an elite player. Alot of fair-weather fans on the board here.

I also take it Bosh, VC, and LBJ (after his finals showing) are MLE players too?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    I'm not a Mav fan, but I find it funny that the MVP had a bad playoff series, and all of a sudden he is no longer an elite player. Alot of fair-weather fans on the board here.

I also take it Bosh, VC, and LBJ (after his finals showing) are MLE players too?
    I have been saying this about Dirk for a long time...He is good when everything is going right...but when the chips are down he folds...He is a bad leader and not a winner...

Sorry I just cant see how someone can say he is better then Duncan, Kobe,Wade,Bron....And he is only debatable with Nash, and KG so I dont get how someone could def say he is top 5...

His lack of leadership is what hurts him the most to me...You dont just crumble like that twice...It wasnt a bad series he literally crumbled in the last 2 series.

Everyone is entitled to a bad series. The Mavs were up 13 half way through they 4th quarter in game 3 of last year's Finals. They lost and never won another game that series.

This year, Dirk had another chance to redeem himself. The Mavs win 67 games and lose to the Warriors in the first round. Michael Jordan never choked like that. Larry Bird did that once, but he was already old and had chronic back problems when the Celtics were upset by the Knicks in 1990.

The only way Dirk can overcome this is with at least two championships.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Sorry I just cant see how someone can say he is better then Duncan, Kobe,Wade,Bron....And he is only debatable with Nash, and KG so I dont get how someone could def say he is top 5...
    my top 5 follows your criteria...except for the injured Wade

1. Duncan
    2. Kobe
    3. Lebron
    4. Garnett
    5. Dirk
    6. Nash
    7. Wade

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

Primetime isn't a Mavs fan. He's a Dirk fan.

There is no such thing as a Mavs fan that still believes in Dirk.

A TRUE Mavs fan, like myself, understands that Dirk is only a regular season player, and unless we want nothing but great regular seasons, and then playoff chokes, we need to get rid of Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
    Primetime isn't a Mavs fan. He's a Dirk fan.

There is no such thing as a Mavs fan that still believes in Dirk.

A TRUE Mavs fan, like myself, understands that Dirk is only a regular season player, and unless we want nothing but great regular seasons, and then playoff chokes, we need to get rid of Dirk.

Thanks for actually being man enough to admit something negative about a player on your favorite team.

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

I guess I don't exist then. Because I'm a Mavs fan that does believe in Dirk. Yes I'll admit he just plain stunk against GS. No excuses here. But I've seen him do enough in previous playoffs that I'm not ready to write him off just yet. Does he need to show me something this year? He sure does.

Each fan is entitled to his own opinion. Even though TMOGE likes to take it to the extreme, and has since the playoffs, he can say what he likes. I will say that doesn't make you any more of a TRUE fan or a better fan than myself or some other Mavs fans.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

now if only Dirk had an Amare to keep him from being triple teamed...
    Please.

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Mav
    I guess I don't exist then. Because I'm a Mavs fan that does believe in Dirk. Yes I'll admit he just plain stunk against GS. No excuses here. But I've seen him do enough in previous playoffs that I'm not ready to write him off just yet. Does he need to show me something this year? He sure does.

Each fan is entitled to his own opinion. Even though TMOGE likes to take it to the extreme, and has since the playoffs, he can say what he likes. I will say that doesn't make you any more of a TRUE fan or a better fan than myself or some other Mavs fans.
    What have you seen him do in previous playoff series?

How many rings does he have to show for those things he did in previous playoff series?

How long has his window been? And has it been longer than any other franchise player has ever had without winning a ring?

I hate to hear it from you, Silent, cause you're a TRUE Mavs fan, and have one of the most underrated senses of humor on either here or db.com, but you gotta be crazy if you still think Dirk can get it done in the playoffs.

Dirks a "next year" player, cause no matter how close he gets you, he always ends up choking it away and making you say "next year"

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Mav

I wouldn't write him off either. He's too good of a player. I don't mind fans sticking up for him. Just, doing so blindly, or out of fandom, is a joke. For as much as his unusual style is an advantage, it's also a disadvantage. When a guy like Stephen Jackson, or James Posey, or Bruce Bowen can throw a seven footer off of his game, there's something wrong, or at the least, not-right. I question his "mental toughness". But hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? When the Mavs choked in the Finals last year, I said that they would learn from the experience, and I'm still sticking to it, only this time it's the first round exit to talk about... I know there's level headed Mavericks fans on this board. It's unfortunate, though, that guys like Primetime and Fabcasablancas overshadow them. They just post so much, and with such rigidity, it gets annoying. That's not to say there's no fans like that for every team though. Just the Mavs fans are so Marc Cuban-ish in their peskiness.