Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Allen Iverson to the bench;Rip back in starting lineup

This is the smartest move by the Pistons this year. Let AI become purely a scorer off the bench. Let him pick apart 2nd units on other teams. Let him do what he does best, and thats score. He will have no pressure of defering to others and will likely thrive. At this point, I think its best for AI to become a scoring 6th man

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by willds09
    I know u are not serious lol
    i'm dead serious. i can tell u can't think of any teams cuz u replied without answering my challenge. at least francesco totti tried.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti
    Orlando, Miami, cleveland, Utah, Dallas, Houston, Portland..
    I think many teams will be intersted.
    1. dallas ain't even a contender

2. keep in mind that we're talking about ai as a starter. no gm in their right mind will sign ai to pair him up with another ball-dominant guard. that takes out miami, utah, houston, and portland.

3. cleveland already has a ball-dominant player in lebron. plus, the cavs are arguably the best team in the league and already have a solid backcourt w/ mo williams and delonte west. why give ai a starting spot and ruin the chemistry?

4. orlando just traded for skip to my lou. before that, they had an all-star guard in jameer nelson. they'll be more concerned about keeping hedo than signing ai.

AI not really going to the bench, he is injured so he isn't playing at all. When he comes back I'm sure Curry will change the line-up for the thousandth time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

When in doubt, waive him and send him to Boston.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by H2whoa
    FOR THE LAST TIME.

RODNEY NORVELL STUCKEY IS NOT A FRICKEN POINT GUARD.

I might be wrong but I think a lot of people didn't consider Chauncey a point guard when he started out in the league. Whether people consider Stuckey one or not, the Pistons want him as one.

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal_Flaw
    i'm dead serious. i can tell u can't think of any teams cuz u replied without answering my challenge. at least francesco totti tried.

1. dallas ain't even a contender

2. keep in mind that we're talking about ai as a starter. no gm in their right mind will sign ai to pair him up with another ball-dominant guard. that takes out miami, utah, houston, and portland.

3. cleveland already has a ball-dominant player in lebron. plus, the cavs are arguably the best team in the league and already have a solid backcourt w/ mo williams and delonte west. why give ai a starting spot and ruin the chemistry?

4. orlando just traded for skip to my lou. before that, they had an all-star guard in jameer nelson. they'll be more concerned about keeping hedo than signing ai.
    Houston, orlando, lakers, cavs, blazers, jazz, hornets (cp3 and iverson would kill), spurs, any contending team would pick him up, end of story.

Ich Liebe die Bulls! CelticForce1349's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    Curry is a ****tard. Iverson/Rip is the only good combination for them yet he's in love with that Stuckey guy. Stuckey has a bright future but he's not better than Iverson or Rip right now so he shouldn't start.

It might not be all his fault. I think Dumars is in love with Stuckey. Playing Stuckey might be necessary to keep Dumars happy after giving away Billups.

He's out because of an injury, he's not even in town. When he comes back I would imagine he'll be back in the starting lineup. The Pistons aren't going to become awesome overnight because AI isn't in the lineup lol. They'll continue to be mediocre at very best.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    AI not really going to the bench, he is injured so he isn't playing at all. When he comes back I'm sure Curry will change the line-up for the thousandth time.
    I'm pretty sure it's official that he is coming off the bench, and not just because of injury. But let's hope this is the final lineup, I can't stand to watch anymore changes.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/truebluepistons.html

National High School Star

you mean he is going to pretend to be injured

well if AI is not with the team why is this even a story? I thought the Curry made the decision while AI was with the team and healthy to play. This story is a waste of my eyesight.

I rule the local playground rox fa sho's Avatar

the pistons screwed up when they started stuckey and ai in the backcourt. thats just stupid

you have ai at pg, rip hamilton at sg, prince at sf not pf. then use dice and sheed for the 4/5. small ball was hurting them now they have a losing record.

so stupid puttin rip on the bench. that was one of the worst moves a teams ever made prolly. thats like putting kobe on the bench. not that hes good as kobe but that he's their best sg. got confused that stuckey would be a better starter.

If Curry changes the starting lineup again when AI gets back then he will just be making himself looking more stupid.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    well if AI is not with the team why is this even a story? I thought the Curry made the decision while AI was with the team and healthy to play. This story is a waste of my eyesight.
    A waste of your eyesight? Did you even read the story? When he comes back, he is going to be coming off the bench. Re-read the quote from Curry and I think you can figure it out. Thanks for wasting my eyesight for having to explain it to you

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
    A waste of your eyesight? Did you even read the story? When he comes back, he is going to be coming off the bench. Re-read the quote from Curry and I think you can figure it out. Thanks for wasting my eyesight for having to explain it to you

Actually i only read the first couple of sentences and then ESPN was reporting it so I thought that AI was being told he is coming off the bench.