Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1926272829

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption discussion

Finished the main campaign of the regular game. Not at 100% complete yet (doubt I ever will) but I'm at about 85%. Anyway, can't believe I burned through that in a week. Had two or three nights where I'd start playing when I got home around 11:00 or midnight and, before I really even realized it, it'd be getting light outside and be 6:00 a.m.

Playing Undead Nightmare right now. It took me about 30 minutes to adjust but, in a way, it's more fun than the main game since you're just riding around and shooting and killing zombies and animals. Managed to finish the first two missions, clear four or five towns, and three side missions with only getting killed once. Got the first Apocalypse horse and promptly rode it down a cliff to its death trying to find a Sasquatch. I've never really been a "killing zombies" video game kind of guy but this is definitely making me change my tune.

Just started playing and the mechanics of riding a horse makes me want to shoot every horse in the game.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Finished the main campaign of the regular game. Not at 100% complete yet (doubt I ever will) but I'm at about 85%. Anyway, can't believe I burned through that in a week. Had two or three nights where I'd start playing when I got home around 11:00 or midnight and, before I really even realized it, it'd be getting light outside and be 6:00 a.m.
    I've never been a guy able to really get down and complete any games 100%. For instance, in the Grand Theft Auto series, there seems to be loose goals like "Find all Stunt Jumps" or "Kill all 100 pigeons". Then there's no real way to track what you've already done or what you're missing.

In contrast, I thought RDR did an excellent job of combating that lost feeling and providing an extra challenge while still allowing gamers to follow a tangible path toward completion. This was the first game of its ilk for which I've been able to fully complete, and it was extremely satisfying. As others said, my only wish is I could go back to the beginning before I'd discovered everything and experience it again.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 10-22-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Strong 5 year bump.

I finally played this game and beat it after I had it sitting around for a year. Great game; I rank it on par with GTA V.

The DLC Undead Nightmare was good too.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Strong 5 year bump.

I finally played this game and beat it after I had it sitting around for a year. Great game; I rank it on par with GTA V.

Undead Nightmare is fun to this day. I hope RDR2 has similar DLC.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Strong 5 year bump.

Ha it's not that bad... RDR is far superior in every single player way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Ha it's not that bad... RDR is far superior in every single player way.
    I don't know about that. GTA V was awesome.