Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Kevin Garnett elbowed Q-Rich in Game 1. UPDATE: KG suspended one game

Wait when did PJ question the integrity of the refs? Didn't he say that Durant gets superstar calls and he doesn't understand why?

Default Re: Kevin Garnett elbowed Q-Rich in Game 1. UPDATE: KG suspended one game

Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    The strugs in this whole situation is that KG used to be the guy in 'Sota who busted his ass non-stop for a team/city that could not get over the top. People loved him for that and for his effort. He was respected.

That respect is gone. In Boston, the title was Paul Pierce's. It was for Paul Pierce, and KG played a HUGE part in that. Despite that...he is lost. He never won it with HIS team, nor he will NEVER be considered a Celtic great. Now, at the end of his rope, he has turned into a punk ass who mother f's everyone and has "fake rage" so that everyone will think he still plays as hard and carries the load as he once done.

I watch him play, and it is sad. Some really good players turn into role players at the end of their career and act like it. Bill Walton for the Celts was a good example of that. KG - he acts/talks like he's 1st Team All-NBA and every player in the league is getting pissed off about it. I've watched the NBA for over 30 years, and the stars have never been called out the way KG is getting called out. The people who run and up down the floor with him have had enough. So have I.
    I agree with you on the Celtic great part.

He'll probably only be a C for a total of 5 or 6 years. While probably only bringing 1 ring, this is Pierce's team.

He'll have a legacy of not having pulled his first team to the Finals, and not having been around long enough to be a great Celtic.

Even though he is.

Justice has been done...

Surprised, but glad

-Smak

High School Starter blazerjimmy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Surprised, but glad

-Smak
    I too was happily surprised that he was suspended....however, I was hoping that he would get a two game suspension - one for the elbow and one for running away like a little Carmelo.....

For those KG supporters who says he does these stupid things to get in the opponents head to get them ejected or get technicals, how do you explain this one, getting himself suspended?

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Thumbs down What i don't like about the Garnett's Suspension.

I was looking forward for a good Cavaliers VS Celtics Matchup in the playoffs,since the Last Game of the season they were going at it..
    • LeBron James became the fourth player over the last 20 seasons to have four 30-point games against Boston in a single season.

-- Game Stats & Information

Six technical fouls were handed out -- two to Cavs coach Mike Brown , who was ejected. James got one and was spared another when he lingered in the Celtics' huddle during a timeout to exchange words with Tony Allen.

"We don't like them. They don't like us. So I wasn't surprised at all," James said, citing the seven-game playoff series Boston won in 2008 on its way to its 17th NBA title. "It comes from them wanting to be really great, them winning the championship, us wanting to win the championship and having to come through Boston to try to win it.

"The competition -- that's what's good about this game."

Kevin Garnett, who was fined $25,000 for comments about the officials' treatment of Kevin Durant last week, also had words with James but declined to elaborate on what was said.

"Nothing in particular that I want to share or that the NBA wants me to share," Garnett told reporters. "Y'all are trying to cost me another 25."
    The suspension will kill the intensity of the game since players will be wary of fines/suspensions. KG won't be his old self and we will be robbed of a good series. Miami might even end up winning the series, even though a Wade VS Lebron series would be nice, it won't be entertaining as much as a CAVS VS Celtics series. The league has officially gone soft.

Decent playground baller Sonics4Life's Avatar

Default Re: What i don't like about the Garnett's Suspension.

league went soft years ago but you're right.

i miss taunting. can't even stare a guy down anymore

Learning to shoot layups

I don't disagree about the heavy officiating, but you guys are missing the point about Garnett.

He dishes out cheap shots and runs away like a girl, he ain't a tough guy. He is in fact taking advantage of modern day officiating.

If he tried this sort of sh*t during the 80s, he would have been clocked by J.O. or Magloire immediately after. Players had a bit more respect in the past and would self-regulate each other.

It's pretty sad one douchebag with a beer has emasculated the game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sonics4Life
    league went soft years ago but you're right.

i miss taunting. can't even stare a guy down anymore
    Unless you're doing it to Kobe that is.. Then you can stare him down, throw fake passes at his head, anything goes.

Decent playground baller sodapop's Avatar

Honestly, Kevin Garnett have been all bark, no bite, no action since he came back from his injury. I don't understand the WWE, pumped up facial expressions and he's too scared to play inside the paint? How can a 6'11 power forward flex his mighty authority and get abused by point guards at the same time? Now we have the elbow suspension at a critical time for Boston. You wonder why many people view KG as a selfish weakling? I'm not a KG hater. I've been a fan of KG's since his rookie year in Minnesota. He was never this extreme in Minnesota. I hope KG will learn something from this crucial situation. Right now, KG is stinking up the place, stinking up his team and stinking up himself.

P.S. I wonder if NBA players read the Inside Hoops forum?

RealKnowledge
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Kg deserved to get suspended. But they making the game real boring with the no taunting, Technicals for the dumbest reason. They need to let them play and just worry about punches

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    It's pretty sad one douchebag with a beer has emasculated the game.
    Yeah because before that the league was oh so tough. Oh so real.

of course i like everyone being emotional and fierce... but, garnett really is just an a$$hole... like he has this tough dude mentality but he cant really back it up any more... notice he only picks on smaller players... like its sad for me to admit it cuz i used to love him as a player, but he is just obnoxious now... id like to see him try his sh!t with kmart...