Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #16
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Ben Gordon Trade Idea...

CelticForce1349, your a funny guy. Man, I thought you were a sensible guy till that last post.

So now let me get this straight, your saying Larry Hughes is worth his ~13 mill to the Bulls, but not Ben Gordon? Ahahahahaha... because thats what I gathered from that comparison.

Anyway, I think he's a good player, and have always wondered why the Bulls continue to keep him on the bench if he supposedly doesn't fit their mold of what they need from a starter. Thats all. I'd like to see what he's really capable of once a team puts the main burden of scoring on him. Who knows he could be Iverson like and start dropping as much as 25 a game, but we'll never know with how the Bulls use him in the rotation.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:37 PM   #17
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Nobody is making any offers because whats the sense in doing the Bulls the favor of negotiating. This is the disadvantage (player wise) about restricted free agency. Why should he take less money when we all know this is pretty much his last chance to get a big contract? After a 5 year contract he will be 30 years old. I dont think he's worth 12 mill, but then again, its not me seeing my minutes drop, and me playing off the bench instead of starting, and me still leading the team in scoring.

Its as simple as this, he couldn't sign for less with another team if he wanted to. And as we all know, the Bulls will hold his rights forever even if he went to Europe for a year. This is the stale mate of restriced free agents in the NBA.

Well for 6 yrs and 60mill he needs to sign with the bulls that is not chump change. That is enough to feed his family (alas Latrell Sprewell) and himself and then some. It sucks but since management has jagged in giving out bad contracts BG is getting the short end of the stick because he is the only getting what he is worth instead of being overpaid. He most likely will sign with the bulls. For 10 mill a yr I will patent how to ride the bench. I know he is not stupid and is not going to play at all cause then he makes 0. If anything y dont they just sign him to a 1yr 10mill contract since they r already willing to pay him 10 mil a yr.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:07 PM   #18
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Because there's a reason its called a 1yr qualifying offer. All they will give is all thats qualified (... 125% of previous yr's salary , I think... ~6 mill), they aren't going to do any favors to a guy who knowingly is going to leave the team at season end.

He'd probably still play his best since its "a contract year", but the Bulls still wouldn't do him that favor.

Last edited by beasted86 : 08-27-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #19
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Because there's a reason its called a 1yr qualifying offer. All they will give is all thats qualified (... 125% of previous yr's salary , I think... ~6 mill), they aren't going to do any favors to a guy who knowingly is going to leave the team at season end.

He'd probably still play his best since its "a contract year", but the Bulls still wouldn't do him that favor.

He def isnt playing for 6.4 million on the bulls so he might as well just bite the bullet and take 10 mil a yr til he is 31... You never know there coud be a sign and trade at 10 mill a yr but we will have to wait and see.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:58 PM   #20
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

wont happen and cant, its impossible

gordons contract states that if he is to be traded at this point, it would have to be the BYC which would be around 4-6 million if i am correct, so wee would take on millers 11 pay 5 of gordons and send the other 4 to the kings... it wouldnt work... gordons going to be hard to trade
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #21
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Where did you read that?

As far as I know about the base year compensation clause is it only applies to players who are coming off rookie scale contracts. But I could be wrong. I have to go look it up again to find the full details.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:25 PM   #22
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Just read this: http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

Your right, basically the Bulls are screwed unless they work out some type of deal for Gordon. A contract anything more than 6.5 mill would put him into BYC because of a jump from 4.8 million last year.

Oh well, as I said before... I dont think he's worth it, but I dont blame him.

They could trade for a guy like Wilcox straight up (he really wants out of OKC/SEA), but that would be a last resort.

Last edited by beasted86 : 08-27-2008 at 11:35 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: