Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 04-20-2008, 12:48 AM   #1
jimmybob36
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jimmybob36 has an OK reputation so far
Smile Vertical Jump Bible?

I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about this program and if they know anyone that has done this and what their results were. Also, what could i expect to gain in the intermediate plyometrics program if i have a 32' running vertical, 27' standing vertical and have good strength and never done more than a little beginner plyometrics?
jimmybob36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
theparade
I hit open layups

theparade has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Vertical Jump Bible?

It's the best on the market. Air Alert which is surprisingly BS, is very popular. VJB does tests to see what level you are at, and many options for you to customize. From you to do pylo's at home, to weighttraining etc. GREAT. Only downside I would say is that it lacks some color/pictures except for the exercise pages, and it's 140 pages long. $for the $40 or 50 dollars I payed for it it's definitely worth it.
theparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:14 PM   #3
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

I have it. It's garbage to me. Ever heard the expression about teach a man to fish and give a man a fish? Well this is one of those programs that is teaching you to fish. It's damn near the equivalent of taking a class on vertical leap so you can design your own program, rather than just a few exercises and rep schemes as you see in those 1 size fit all type programs. It's long as **** and doesn't even have page numbers.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
mika
High School Varsity 12th Man

mika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
I have it. It's garbage to me. Ever heard the expression about teach a man to fish and give a man a fish? Well this is one of those programs that is teaching you to fish. It's damn near the equivalent of taking a class on vertical leap so you can design your own program, rather than just a few exercises and rep schemes as you see in those 1 size fit all type programs. It's long as **** and doesn't even have page numbers.
Have you ever tried using the section index? or even looked at any of the many set programs it comes with? It isn't a class, it's a guide with solid training principles, exercise descriptions and different level programs used to increase your vertical jump. As for "rather than just a few exercises and rep schemes" you most likely missed the Beginner Plyometrics, Novice Plyometrics, Intermediate Plyometrics, Advanced Plyometrics, Body Weight Strength Training, Novice Strength Training, Intermediate Full "Strength Focused" Program, Intermediate Full "Balanced" Program, Intermediate Full "Reactive" Focused Program, and the Advanced Full Program. So you should try reading the book.
mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:51 PM   #5
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have it, who actually paid for it? I feel so bad for you.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:18 PM   #6
dwight20-20
future footer

dwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
I have it, who actually paid for it? I feel so bad for you.

well how did you get it with out paying?
dwight20-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:39 PM   #7
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

One of my friends sent me some link to it, while ago though...Just look around google.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:44 PM   #8
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika
Have you ever tried using the section index? or even looked at any of the many set programs it comes with? It isn't a class, it's a guide with solid training principles, exercise descriptions and different level programs used to increase your vertical jump. As for "rather than just a few exercises and rep schemes" you most likely missed the Beginner Plyometrics, Novice Plyometrics, Intermediate Plyometrics, Advanced Plyometrics, Body Weight Strength Training, Novice Strength Training, Intermediate Full "Strength Focused" Program, Intermediate Full "Balanced" Program, Intermediate Full "Reactive" Focused Program, and the Advanced Full Program.

Do you have stock tied up in their product or what? I was just wondering cuz of how hard you tried to sell that pos program...
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:14 AM   #9
mika
High School Varsity 12th Man

mika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
Do you have stock tied up in their product or what? I was just wondering cuz of how hard you tried to sell that pos program...
i'm just showing links to what it offers, google is the download place for all the programs and instructional dvds
mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:26 AM   #10
theparade
I hit open layups

theparade has an OK reputation so far

I say if you are looking for 1 for all programs, then you probably aren't going to get your best gains as compared to a program as to VJB, where they have different programs that allow you to customize it to your level and things you need to work on.
theparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:57 AM   #11
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

i have a link to it, PM me if u want it

idk if the link is still working though
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: