Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 11-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation
Default Anyone know any good rebounding drills?

Well, tossing it up to the board and just grabbing it won't really work for me. Anyone know any good rebounding drills? Maybe one I can do alone (which I rarely get to do now) and two I can do during team practices?
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:07 AM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anyone know any good rebounding drills?

it's all about position, learning to box out your man

if you're not boxing someone out when a shot is taken, you're not doing it right
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:48 AM   #3
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
it's all about position, learning to box out your man

if you're not boxing someone out when a shot is taken, you're not doing it right

Funny thing about position, though. Right, you're supposed to be on the opposite side from where the ball is shot? Well, there was this game where, by instinct, I do that. The ball always ended up clanging off of the same side. Still, I know the opposite side thing is true most of the time. Just felt like sharing that.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Well I don't know about that opposite side thing... but I just box my man out wherever he is if he is down low... or if he isn't then I just look and telegraph where the ball is going to go.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:36 PM   #5
ivienthol
I airball my layups

ivienthol has an OK reputation so far

I think this is probably the best drill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp-iX2Ecmhw

Works for body control, standing hops, and ball control. Everything Rodman had down low. He was the best at tipping the ball to himself. Just do it a few minutes both sides and hands after each practice and it gets easier.

Of course remember to box out in actual games.
ivienthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:18 PM   #6
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivienthol
I think this is probably the best drill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp-iX2Ecmhw

Works for body control, standing hops, and ball control. Everything Rodman had down low. He was the best at tipping the ball to himself. Just do it a few minutes both sides and hands after each practice and it gets easier.

Of course remember to box out in actual games.

Think I've seen this before. I'll try it out next time I get some practice alone. Thanks!

Still open to other suggestions too, though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: