Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2018, 02:03 AM   #61
Docs Orders
Ottawa
 
Docs Orders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Shaker Hts, OH
Posts: 3,135
Default Re: Ray Allen on Jordan vs Lebron

Lebron brand of basket ball simply isn't successful


Hence why his teams have been ranked in offense

5th
3rd
4th
4th
3rd
2nd
1st
1st
6th
3rd
4th
4th


since 2008


Amazing, 3 different teams, over 100 teammates and roatation changes


Yet always, consistantly, an inneficient Top 4 ranked team offensively on average for over a decade


That good ole toxic Bran ball and his teams tragic 1st and 2nd place finish for eight straight years
Docs Orders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:11 AM   #62
LAmbruh
5* General
 
LAmbruh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 4,994
Default Re: Ray Allen on Jordan vs Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docs Orders
Lebron brand of basket ball simply isn't successful


Hence why his teams have been ranked in offense

5th
3rd
4th
4th
3rd
2nd
1st
1st
6th
3rd
4th
4th


since 2008


Amazing, 3 different teams, over 100 teammates and roatation changes


Yet always, consistantly, an inneficient Top 4 ranked team offensively on average for over a decade


That good ole toxic Bran ball and his teams tragic 1st and 2nd place finish for eight straight years



I was wondering why Lakers odds jumped from an 11th seed team, to a projected 2nd seed this season. per Vegas

That shit Bran ball infecting us

It must be the McGee/Lance acquisitions
LAmbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:22 AM   #63
Milbuck
Buck Dynasty
 
Milbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Freak City
Posts: 16,530
Default Re: Ray Allen on Jordan vs Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
I am not speaking of a specific series but just the general brand of ball you must play with LeBron. Now against inferior teams, that weakness might not get exposed. But against truly elite team, it does.
You straight up said his finals record proves the argument about his supposedly inferior brand of ball. Which means yeah, you are pointing to specific series (his finals losses) in which his style of play cost him. It's a silly argument that glosses over all context, specifically the level of competition he's faced compared to the supporting talent he's had.
Quote:
For example, why the hell could he NOT win in 2014? That's one where you LeBron fans annoy me by somehow claiming that the Spurs were some GOAT level team. Oh, you say they got hot, well, isn't D half the game? That's another thing MJ absolutely trumps LeBron. He played D all day, every day. It's half the game. Ever figure that maybe a team gets hot because you're D isn't on par? If you're the GOAT and have Wade, Bosh, Allen, etc playing 37 yr old Duncan and company, you should get it done. LeBron should've won in 2011 and 2014 and played terribly in 2007.
This is the exact type of narrative driven nonsense I was talking about when it comes to LeBron's finals losses outside of 2011 and 2007. The revisionist history here is just next level.

Funny how you'll mention Duncan being 37 as if he was some decrepit non-factor when in reality he was still a huge impact player and would go on to make an all-star team the following season. But you'll mention Ray Allen with zero mention of the fact that he was even older at 38, literally in the last year of his career, and nowhere near the impact player Duncan was that year. And of course we'll talk about Wade as if it's just normal prime Wade, and not the broken down walking corpse that Wade actually was in the '14 finals.

You'll characterize the Spurs as some bunch of old dudes when it was beyond obvious to anyone who objectively watched that series that the Heat were the broken down, exhausted shell of a team and the Spurs were simply an amazing team firing on all cylinders at the perfect moment.

Also, the point about defense is pretty funny. If you seriously believe that one player on his own was going to stop the '14 playoff Spurs' offense or that LeBron's defense led to the Spurs offense doing what it did, LOL.
Milbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:31 AM   #64
Milbuck
Buck Dynasty
 
Milbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Freak City
Posts: 16,530
Default Re: Ray Allen on Jordan vs Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docs Orders
Lebron brand of basket ball simply isn't successful


Hence why his teams have been ranked in offense

5th
3rd
4th
4th
3rd
2nd
1st
1st
6th
3rd
4th
4th


since 2008


Amazing, 3 different teams, over 100 teammates and roatation changes


Yet always, consistantly, an inneficient Top 4 ranked team offensively on average for over a decade


That good ole toxic Bran ball and his teams tragic 1st and 2nd place finish for eight straight years
And for 3 of those elite offenses, 2 were with Mike Brown as his coach and Mo Williams as his 2nd option, and the 3rd with Tyronn Lue as his coach and Jeff Green as the third overall scorer for the season.

Seriously, this dude led a top 5 offense and got to the finals in a season where JEFF GREEN was his 3rd leading scorer, and we're sitting here talking about his "inferior brand of ball"
Milbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:48 AM   #65
Docs Orders
Ottawa
 
Docs Orders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Shaker Hts, OH
Posts: 3,135
Default Re: Ray Allen on Jordan vs Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbuck
And for 3 of those elite offenses, 2 were with Mike Brown as his coach and Mo Williams as his 2nd option, and the 3rd with Tyronn Lue as his coach and Jeff Green as the third overall scorer for the season.

Seriously, this dude led a top 5 offense and got to the finals in a season where JEFF GREEN was his 3rd leading scorer, and we're sitting here talking about his "inferior brand of ball"

Yes Yes, can't forget those elite X n O wizards like Brown and Blatt who's head coaching has been phenominal league wide post-Lebron

Remember, Lebron's playmaking and assists only look good on paper because he's had elite snipers on the wing like Sasha Pavlovic, Jamario Moon and Anthony Parker for the first half of his career.
Docs Orders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:00 AM   #66
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,336
Default Re: Ray Allen on Jordan vs Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbuck
You straight up said his finals record proves the argument about his supposedly inferior brand of ball. Which means yeah, you are pointing to specific series (his finals losses) in which his style of play cost him. It's a silly argument that glosses over all context, specifically the level of competition he's faced compared to the supporting talent he's had.

This is the exact type of narrative driven nonsense I was talking about when it comes to LeBron's finals losses outside of 2011 and 2007. The revisionist history here is just next level.

Funny how you'll mention Duncan being 37 as if he was some decrepit non-factor when in reality he was still a huge impact player and would go on to make an all-star team the following season. But you'll mention Ray Allen with zero mention of the fact that he was even older at 38, literally in the last year of his career, and nowhere near the impact player Duncan was that year. And of course we'll talk about Wade as if it's just normal prime Wade, and not the broken down walking corpse that Wade actually was in the '14 finals.

You'll characterize the Spurs as some bunch of old dudes when it was beyond obvious to anyone who objectively watched that series that the Heat were the broken down, exhausted shell of a team and the Spurs were simply an amazing team firing on all cylinders at the perfect moment.

Also, the point about defense is pretty funny. If you seriously believe that one player on his own was going to stop the '14 playoff Spurs' offense or that LeBron's defense led to the Spurs offense doing what it did, LOL.
The funniest part is the fact that the Heat were 2 years older on average than the Spurs and the oldest team in the league.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy