Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-16-2007, 04:01 AM   #46
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Default Re: Jesus Is Not Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Nope those guys are 29098x smarter than I can ever hope to be, but carbon dating can not be proved. and 2000 was way off btw. More like 7000-900,000

just like god cannot be proven but you believe in it.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:01 AM   #47
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Nope those guys are 29098x smarter than I can ever hope to be, but carbon dating can not be proved. and 2000 was way off btw. More like 7000-900,000

and what's your basis for thinking that?
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:04 AM   #48
Borat
very niiice

some christians believe the earth to be 6000 years old, others much older.

This is due to carbon dating having cracks.
One incident was when scientists dated a valley at over 300,000 years old, when it actually happened within hours a year previous, because of a land slide.

Most Americans are only educated in Evolution Science theory and Big Bang theory.
However the creation theory is equally compelling.

Google "creation ministries", the site will answer your questions.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:06 AM   #49
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

The bible and scientific evidence. Apparently most creationist think that earth is 6,000 years old.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/1866.asp
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:07 AM   #50
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat
some christians believe the earth to be 6000 years old, others much older.

This is due to carbon dating having cracks.
One incident was when scientists dated a valley at over 300,000 years old, when it actually happened within hours a year previous, because of a land slide.

Most Americans are only educated in Evolution Science theory and Big Bang theory.
However the creation theory is equally compelling.

Google "creation ministries", the site will answer your questions.
www.answersingenesis.org
Old 07-16-2007, 04:08 AM   #51
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

btw don't hold it against me because I said earth was 2,000 I was thinking I read it somewhere, and I found the article and it was 6,000.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:09 AM   #52
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Just because the Shroud of Turin was proven a fake because of carbon dating doesn't mean you have get all butt hurt.

The Earth is approx. 4.2 billions years old. The universe is approx. 13 billions years old. There are stars so far apart that if you traveled at light speed for those 13 billion years, you still wouldn't get from one to the other.

Face it, there is more out there than any of us could imagine, religion is just a creation by man to understand nature's awesome powers and mysteries. There is nothing wrong with that until violence and hate spew forth which is what we have now.
Time will tell, I hope you come to accept that there is a God.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:16 AM   #53
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
I accepted god for the first 18 years of my life, but then when I needed him most he was gone fishin'.
go on?
Old 07-16-2007, 05:53 AM   #54
Jackass18
The Iron Price

I like this article about AiG:

http://griperblade.blogspot.com/2007...etty-much.html
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:30 AM   #55
snipes12
Dirk Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
These people have no idea for what Jesus stood for.

People can go on and on about can you prove that Jesus really lived etc.
But really you can not prove that he didn't live just as well.

Dogma my friend. Thats the true meaning behind it.
If what you believe in makes you a better person and you don't force your beliefs on other and welcome other points of views with open arms....then your cool in my book.

am i too cool for you ?
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:54 AM   #56
Agent 69
Banned

Quote:
I accepted god for the first 18 years of my life, but then when I needed him most he was gone fishin'.

This explains quite a bit, wouldn't you agree? If your entire debate was non-biased (and yes your ideas and opinions are obviously biased due to your post) you'd be more convincing.

Who's right? Who's wrong? No one knows. I do know this - if this time in your life when you needed him most went another way in your favor, you'd more than likely still believe in Him.

How's that for being "open minded" ... you base a big deal of what you believe on your own personal trials and tribulations. So something bad happened to you. Oh, that means life is not fair, so there must be no god!

I'm not trying to step into your psyche, but you seem to feel very, very strongly about your own personal religious beliefs, or lack thereof. All this research and debating, seems to me as if you're hardcore searching for something. As if you're looking all over the 'net for sources of "proof" that god is not real. Otherís opinions and articles from credible writers, associations, etc. By doing this, it makes you feel more at peace and rest assured.

See, I was the opposite in your case Randy. Since I can remember, I was atheist. Never believed in the God or even a god for that matter. I was hardcore atheist too. Tried to push what I believe on others who didn't believe the same. In fact, I ridiculed them and made it a personal vendetta to expose these "closed minded" Christ-followers.

I came to find out, it takes much, much more open mindedness to believe in a supernatural being than not to believe in one. The older you get Randy, you more and more you'll see that.

(Wizardly Cool)
Agent 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #57
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 69
This explains quite a bit, wouldn't you agree? If your entire debate was non-biased (and yes your ideas and opinions are obviously biased due to your post) you'd be more convincing.

Who's right? Who's wrong? No one knows. I do know this - if this time in your life when you needed him most went another way in your favor, you'd more than likely still believe in Him.

How's that for being "open minded" ... you base a big deal of what you believe on your own personal trials and tribulations. So something bad happened to you. Oh, that means life is not fair, so there must be no god!

I'm not trying to step into your psyche, but you seem to feel very, very strongly about your own personal religious beliefs, or lack thereof. All this research and debating, seems to me as if you're hardcore searching for something. As if you're looking all over the 'net for sources of "proof" that god is not real. Otherís opinions and articles from credible writers, associations, etc. By doing this, it makes you feel more at peace and rest assured.

(Wizardly Cool)

He didn't post his autobiography or something, he posted one little sentence. Don't draw conclusions about who someone is based on one little sentence posted on a message board.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:24 PM   #58
Agent 69
Banned

Are you telling me his post I quoted has little to nothing to do with his ideology?

Get real.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #59
Agent 69
Banned

Let us revisit that post once again. Remember, your choice of words can be very powerful.

"I accepted god for the first 18 years of my life, but then when I needed him most he was gone"

So in other words - he believed in God for the majority of his life, but then a time in his life came when he needed his god more than anything, and the results (or at least in Randy's opinion) proved to be highly dissatisfying or disappointing, to the extent of flipping the switch and going from a belief to a non-belief.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to step into the guy's psyche, but his post was an obvious "vent" as why (or a huge reason why) he doesn't believe in a god.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:33 PM   #60
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

He didnt actually say whether he believed in God or not.
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: