Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: How popular is your team? (Nate Silver and Google Trends reveal)

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Cleveland is GOAT at relevancy due to being atrocious
    Cavs and Pistons are both very impressive in that respect.

Local High School Star

Surprise that clippers and thunder are so low...
    Pistons are also high, again they are a storied franchise which can explain the high searches but their performance in recent years are dismal.

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Thunder and Warriors aren't even in top 10 Pacers fans aren't there, Blazers aren't there, and Grizzlies are almost last
    You do realize most Thunder fans are really Kobe fans right. Whoever is closest to dethroning LeBron is who Kobe fans will root for. No one really gives a **** about OKC. I remember the Boston vs. Heat playoff match up in 2012. We had Laker fans rooting for Boston to win.

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    You do realize most Thunder fans are really Kobe fans right. Whoever is closest to dethroning LeBron is who Kobe fans will root for. No one really gives a **** about OKC. I remember the Boston vs. Heat playoff match up in 2012. We had Laker fans rooting for Boston to win.

Been saying it for weeks now. Nobody cares about Durant. They are Kobe fans.

If Paul George was KD, these same fans would be Indy fans/PG stans

Banned

surprised that pistons are that high in this list. we have been irrelevant for the last 5 years. least favorite team in detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    I wanna see how popular the Heat were pre-2010
    Not really sure, but definitely more popular than the Rockets, considering the fact that Miami has Shaq and won a title.

Quote Originally Posted by WallIn
    True fans stick to their teams no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    I wanna see how popular the Heat were pre-2010
    If you read the article, you'd know this is is based on data from the past 10 years, not just today.

The Bulls are always filling up the United Center.

Minnesota not in last place? That is what I'm talking about.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Again, these numbers are taken from the last 10 years of google searches. We should find and look at the last two or three years of google trend numbers instead of the last 10.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday

Do they have google in China?

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr
    Do they have google in China?
    they call it "googer"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    2nd (Leafs), 11th (Raptors), and 14th (Jays).

Not bad. Raptors do get the "middle sibling" treatment in terms of being featured in Toronto, though.

7th (Spurs), 12th (Rangers), 1st (Cowboys) for me

Surprised the rangers aren't a bit more popular