Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Manu Ginobili out through playoffs, back next season

I feel terrible for Manu, but maybe this means Portland can get the game in San Antonio... I dunno... it's possible this will drop the Spurs to the 4-5 seed, and I'm not sure if I'd rather face Houston or a Manu-less Spurs.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by shortlunatic
    well i beg to differ. Especially the way they have been playing recently, i would expect the Blazers, Rockets, and Nuggets to give the Lakers a decent amount of competition in the playoffs, at least if they end up running into any of those teams.
    They would only be seeing 2 out of the 3. Blazers would be the only team that would give them any trouble anyways.

Kobe owns the Rockets and any team in Texas. Kobe and Gasol would have no problem against the Nuggets either.

Phil Jackson is the smartest coach in the NBA right now and probably all-time. Nobody can out-coach him, if you give him enough talent on his side.

We have Duncan, that is all that needs to be said.

Knowledge Is Power shortlunatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iTruWarrior
    They would only be seeing 2 out of the 3. Blazers would be the only team that would give them any trouble anyways.

Kobe owns the Rockets and any team in Texas. Kobe and Gasol would have no problem against the Nuggets either.

Phil Jackson is the smartest coach in the NBA right now and probably all-time. Nobody can out-coach him, if you give him enough talent on his side.
    i will stay that i think the Rockets would give them some trouble, and Nene is a very underated defensive player. I take you havent watched very much Nugg b ball recently. J.R. is much less of a liability on defense, and k-Mart is a very solid all-around player now. I think it will take more than Kobe and Gasol to get by the Nuggs. The only teams i honestly think they would have a "cake walk" with, are the NOH, Jazz, Mavericks, and possibly the Spurs, now that they dont have Ginobli.

I dnt get ur last part, but Doc sure out coached Phil last year in the Finals. If he can do it, i think other coaches can.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by shortlunatic
    i will stay that i think the Rockets would give them some trouble, and Nene is a very underated defensive player. I take you havent watched very much Nugg b ball recently. J.R. is much less of a liability on defense, and k-Mart is a very solid all-around player now. I think it will take more than Kobe and Gasol to get by the Nuggs. The only teams i honestly think they would have a "cake walk" with, are the NOH, Jazz, Mavericks, and possibly the Spurs, now that they dont have Ginobli.

I dnt get ur last part, but Doc sure out coached Phil last year in the Finals. If he can do it, i think other coaches can.
    As for the Rockets, I am a Rockets fan and Phil has been outcoaching Rick since Day 1 of his coaching job. Phil Jackson is smart enough to expose Yao's pick n roll defense and with Kobe and Gasol in the pick n roll that's unstoppable right there. Especially since Kobe is probably the best pick n roll shooting guard in the NBA. They would also do the same to Kenyon Martin and Nene and the Denver Nuggets.

Nobody can defend Kobe on the Nuggets. Nuggets even had to resort by putting Kenyon Martin on Kobe last year. That was just how terrible they were defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    I'm a Spurs fan through and through, have watched almost every Spurs game the past 4 years or so... and I wholeheartedly agree with you. Roger Mason cannot fill the void left by Manu, as much as anybody would like to think he can, he can't. Hell, even this season he was talked about as a top-5 shooting guard, let alone a few years back. Manu is the most unpredictable, sneaky player, and the toughest competitor I've ever watched in the 00's. And his tenacity didn't stop on offense, which is why he will be hard to replace, if at all possible...

That's not to say I don't have any faith that the Spurs can rise up and truly compete (there is Duncan, Popovich, and Parker after all) but damn their chances just dropped significantly, and Spurs fans know this as much as anybody.
    He def. is elusive and sneaky with the ball. I'd call him unorthodox on offense. He has a very unique game and is really good at all aspectsof the game. He is a true winner, and he has proven that internationally and on the Spurs. This is why I really hope he can heal and play a few more years. But as of now, I havnt really even heard of an injury like that. Best of luck to him

I would never count them out bc like you said Pop, Parker, Duncan...but it will be tough. Parker is going to have to step up big time and Duncan will have to turn the clock back if they stand a chance in the west

Wow this is a huge blow to the Spurs. I think their title chances are done.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

As for the Rockets, I am a Rockets fan and Phil has been outcoaching Rick since Day 1 of his coaching job. Phil Jackson is smart enough to expose Yao's pick n roll defense and with Kobe and Gasol in the pick n roll that's unstoppable right there. Especially since Kobe is probably the best pick n roll shooting guard in the NBA. They would also do the same to Kenyon Martin and Nene and the Denver Nuggets.

Nobody can defend Kobe on the Nuggets. Nuggets even had to resort by putting Kenyon Martin on Kobe last year. That was just how terrible they were defensively.
    last years nuggets D wasnt as good as this years team.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    last years nuggets D wasnt as good as this years team.
    I realize that.....But they are still more of an offensive team than a defensive team. Again, who is going to guard Kobe? Jones? Melo? Either way, Kobe is going to torch them..... and If Kobe can't get it going they are going to go to Pau Gasol.

They have the best 1-2 punch in the game right now.

Knowledge Is Power shortlunatic's Avatar

again, you must not have watched any nuggets b ball at all this year to be bringing up the 8th seed nuggets team of last year n comparing them to the 2nd seed nuggets team of this year. Not only has billups helped this team defensively, but Nene is now fully healthy, and J.R. is really starting to emerge as a solid player. I dint get to watch the game this year against LA, but last i heard, J.R. did a good job of guarding Kobe. Not saying Nuggets will beat LA, but u are really snoozing if you think they are anything like they were last year.

manu doesnt care!

I never underestimate the spurs , but realistically speaking they have NO chance against the Lakers. Manu was a huge piece to their system which Mason is far from filling given his relative lack of playoff experience yet. Kobe will destroy the spurs again due to the mismatch

Quote Originally Posted by hito da god
    does manu get the "injury prone" tag yet?
    When you've helped your team win 3 championships you can never be labeled that.

Quote Originally Posted by ScolaFan
    When you've helped your team win 3 championships you can never be labeled that.
    He's helped the SPurs big time but the guy seems like he cant stay healthy for the past few season. Even int he playoffs last year he was playing injured

I still dont believe that san antonio is done.. They have two finals mvp in their roster in Tim Duncan and Tony Parker... no they don't have their big three, but spurs have always worked with less in terms of established names and talents... I wouldn't put their title chances at a high possibility but i would not count them out either...