Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-29-2007, 09:21 AM   #1
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

Default 5 Good questions about the Raps

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/s...asketball/home

1. TJ or Jose?

Interesting comment by TJ. I hope its a healthy competition.

2. Bosh's foot?

All we can do is hope.

3. Are the Raptors better?

If only cause of one more year together, yes they are better. I loved the Delfino signing and im wait and see on Kapono.

4. What will Kapono do?

As long as he stays an efficient shooter and doesnt become a jacker, then he should be fine.

5. Mins to go around?

This could be our biggest problem this year besides getting boards. big logjam at SF and AG.

Last edited by RAPSCANWIN : 09-29-2007 at 09:25 AM.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #2
Student
Serious playground baller

Default Re: 5 Good questions about the Raps

1. TJ or Jose?

I'm a big Jose fan, but I say TJ. If he starts slow change it up.

2. Bosh's foot?

rest it some more. play him limited mins & still win :)

3. Are the Raptors better?

Deeper, more experienced, faster, bigger 3pt threat

4. What will Kapono do?

Surprise many people who do not believe

5. Mins to go around?

Like Sam said its not his job to keep the players happy when it comes to minutes, but its their job to keep him happy. But we all know Sam has problems with rotation, so it might be a problem
Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #3
Gregsguys
Dunking on everybody in the park

1) TJ, if it isn't him they really F***ed up. His whole thing was speed and promise .

2) Hopefully he can get a little more rest this year and things work out but I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up with 10 games off part way through the year.

3) More cohesive should be the key this year as they have had time to play together and gain experience

4) Create a bigger logjam at the 2-3 but aside from that at least he can keep teams from cheating down into the paint too much.

5) Small problem for a while but after the injuries and road trips set in there won't be a problem.
Gregsguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
CB4isJC
Learning to shoot layups

1) TJ. BC has some hard thinking to do about having both of these guys on the roster in the future; one will always be unhappy inside(or outside), and rightfully so. They both deserve starting minutes.

2) As per question 5, hopefully our depth will help to get his foot some rest game to game. Hump and Garbo are pretty nice PF backups.

3) Individually and as a team more experienced. Carlos+Kapono>MoPete

4) Kapono will torch teams that don't cover him, and will therefore open things up for everyone. Two of the top 10 3point% guys in the NBA.

5) Some kinda solid players will be fighting to be 1st off the bench: Joey, Carlos, Juan; Humph, Jorge, even Rasho may get the bump sometimes. Baston? Good problem to have.
CB4isJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:10 PM   #5
mjohn90
Learning to shoot layups

1) Recently, BC said that he saw TJ with his game face on 2 weeks before training camp. After the way the playoffs ended with him on the bench I'm sure he doesn't want Jose to outshine him anymore. Once TJ can consistently drain his shots it'll be harder for Sam to sub him for Calderon.

2) I would really like them to rest Bosh completely until his plantar fasciitis is gone. Then again, he's still going to be playing majority of the games.

3) 1 year together makes them better

4) He really can't prove anything more other than continuing to shoot like he is. Shooting better than 50% again is a high bar to achieve.

5) There's TOO much depth within the Raptors now. All of them deserve to play but it's impossible to share those minutes. I'm sensing mid-season trades for key parts that we really need.
mjohn90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:13 PM   #6
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

If Bosh rests until is Plantar is gone then we may have seen Bosh play his last game in the NBA.

It's not something that will just go away. There is no controlling it, no drugs, no procedures. All you can do is hope that one day it is magically gone.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 PM   #7
bk33
duck my sick

just coz we're stacked with scrubs doesn't mean there's not enough minutes, it means the opposite. what the hell was the writer smoking..Graham, Jackson and Dixon? are you serious?
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #8
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk33
just coz we're stacked with scrubs doesn't mean there's not enough minutes, it means the opposite. what the hell was the writer smoking..Graham, Jackson and Dixon? are you serious?

I dont see any of them getting serious mins this season. If they do it'll be to showcase them for a trade.

Perhaps Dixon as a scoring spark
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #9
kmatrixg
Not airballing my layups anymore

All I have to say is we will have 2 amazingly productive Point Guards next season. Competition is the best thing for a player, and when there is a fire lit under your asz, you earn your freakin money. This is awesome!
kmatrixg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:37 PM   #10
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk33

Not serious yourself much?

The 'enough minutes' question is quite valid concerning Garbo and Nesterovic because they were starters for last years team, and for Calderon and Delfino because they too are national team players and they too are good enough to be NBA starters on many teams. How they will get the 30mpg they deserve is beyond me. The question is furthermore apt because of Coach Mitchell's stated desire to play a shorter bench and "go with 10 guys this year". Your 'scrubs', players with unproven or unharnessed talent will have a hard time gettting proven and harnessed. And what about the proven guys that would also not get harnessed. It all begs the question: minutes for whom?
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #11
JBG2
Saw a basketball once

The Raps probably have the best 6 through 12 bench in the league. Injuries will happen and we won't be as stuck as in other years. Also gives the option of playing lots of up tempo pressing defense to wear down other shallower teams. I also like the low key, under the radar, lack of drama surrounding the team unlike past seasons.
JBG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: