Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: In 50 years the Beach Boys will be more remembered then the Beatles IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    LAWL. Every pop song owes itself to the beatles? Explain yourself.

Pet Sounds is awful? Explain yourself.
    Beach Boys are one step away from listening to the Bee Gees.
    Who wants to hear those high pitched fat nerds singing about surfing when in fact only one of them even knows how to surf? Homos.

Listen to the American Graffiti soundtrack, then some Beatles from 63/64, and you'll see how earth-shattering their music was at the time. The Beatles ended up with something like 13 different chord progressions, and all of these progressions make up rock and pop music as we know it today. They basically supplied the backbone of popular music. Their music ranges from beautiful works like "In My Life" to stuff like "Helter Skelter."

The Beach Boys only inspire me to throw up. You have a very insular view point, kid. The Beach Boys were/are big in the US, but most people elsewhere thought they were good at the time, but couldn't give a shit about them now.

The Beatles on the other hand have inspired so many artists. Oasis, Blur, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, U2, Pulp, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, The Cars, Nirvana, David Bowie.... you name it they have been shaped by the Beatles!
    Even Brian Wilson was inspired by the Beatles when he wrote Pet Sounds after hearing Rubber Soul

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default Re: In 50 years the Beach Boys will be more remembered then the Beatles IMO

I thought comic con ticket prices were getting crazy...This years Beatlefest isb being held in NYC. 50th anniversary of the Beatles playing Sullivan. It's being held on the weekend 50 years to the day, Feb 7 - 9, and the hype and greed have taken over. Tickets to walk through the door are $79 for Saturday and $79 for Sunday...and that's if you order rickets by this Friday...after that you can only buy tickets at the door. I've been to 4 Beatlefests in the past...but never paid $79 for a Weekend Pass. I wanted to go this year, especially for the fact that it was being held in NYC, but I refuse to be extorted in to paying $79 to walk through the door. That's outrageous. It's one of the main factors for my not going to the Javitz shows for the comic con. If Carbonaro can put on a comic show at the Hotel Pennsylvania and still charge ONLY $15 to get in then why can't other shows do the same. Big difference between $15 and $79. Guests at shows these days really don't do anything for me. I've met all of my heroes that are still alive. Beatlefest can't even give you any good ones this year. Donovan comes about as close to a "star" on the list of guests. these cons are becoming cons.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

SMH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FFAD6JnDA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fvJEpdq8a8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU4uaKgCQ9A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_62jhSP_EA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGrCE2wYRsk

These are NOT outdated.

Idiot OP idiot

That's just getting warm, there are dozens of other songs that if released TODAY would be no.1.

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    Beach Boys are one step away from listening to the Bee Gees.
    Who wants to hear those high pitched fat nerds singing about surfing when in fact only one of them even knows how to surf? Homos.

Listen to the American Graffiti soundtrack, then some Beatles from 63/64, and you'll see how earth-shattering their music was at the time. The Beatles ended up with something like 13 different chord progressions, and all of these progressions make up rock and pop music as we know it today. They basically supplied the backbone of popular music. Their music ranges from beautiful works like "In My Life" to stuff like "Helter Skelter."

The Beach Boys only inspire me to throw up. You have a very insular view point, kid. The Beach Boys were/are big in the US, but most people elsewhere thought they were good at the time, but couldn't give a shit about them now.

The Beatles on the other hand have inspired so many artists. Oasis, Blur, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, U2, Pulp, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, The Cars, Nirvana, David Bowie.... you name it they have been shaped by the Beatles!
    Even Brian Wilson was inspired by the Beatles when he wrote Pet Sounds after hearing Rubber Soul
    Stop being an idiot. The backbone of popular music was written by blues artists. Not the Beatles. Furthermore, all of those same artists would list Pet Sounds as a major influence. Lastly, Pet Sounds did better on the charts overseas than in the US.
    Last edited by DeuceWallaces; 01-27-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Stop being an idiot. The backbone of popular music was written by blues artists. Not the Beatles. Furthermore, all of those same artists would list Pet Sounds as a major influence.
    Ridiculous. How am I supposed to take advice from some tranny on the internet?
    What does a tranny know about popular music? You'd be into that Hedwig and the Angry Inch stuff.

The Beatles learned from blues artists, country artists and especially fusion guys like Elvis. They took what was there and made it popular and viable for today's bands and any other band after them.

Pet Sounds is gay, just like everything about you. Maybe they inspired pathetic music like the wanker that sings: "A Friend in Need is a Friend in Deed" and other whiny nasally high-pitched homo singers. I blame Robin Thicke on the Beach Boys and Alan Thicke for being allowed to procreate.

Stop being an idiot. The backbone of popular music was written by blues artists. Not the Beatles. Furthermore, all of those same artists would list Pet Sounds as a major influence. Lastly, Pet Sounds did better on the charts overseas than in the US.
    People overseas don't care about the Beach Boys. They're viewed as a step above the Monkees. Like a running gag. Shit music made for a US audience clamoring for their own version of the Beatles. Ask 1,000,000 people who is better. over 90% will say the Beatles. Pull your head out of your ass, maybe don't, you're very ugly, even for a tranny

Ah yes, get destroyed, then make insults on an alt because you're either an idiot or a *****.

Brilliant!

People overseas don't care about the Beach Boys. They're viewed as a step above the Monkees. Like a running gag. Shit music made for a US audience clamoring for their own version of the Beatles. Ask 1,000,000 people who is better. over 90% will say the Beatles. Pull your head out of your ass, maybe don't, you're very ugly, even for a tranny
    They charted higher over-seas than here. You have any more unsubstantiated points?

Ah yes, get destroyed, then make insults on an alt because you're either an idiot or a *****.

Brilliant!
    Destroyed? Alt? Who do you think I am?

Respond to my post, tranny.

To me the Beach Boys sound dated and repetitive. Every song sounds like Hawaiian beach club music. how si that going to get better and more popular with time.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/offto...boys-27007891/
    ^Two for the Beach Boys here, out of 22... and tat's a website full of nerds like yourself.

Look, Pet Sounds is a decent album, but it's still full of high-pitched girly squeels from fat old men in Hawaiian shirts.

The Beatles worst album is better than the Beach Boys best album.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    To me the Beach Boys sound dated and repetitive. Every song sounds like Hawaiian beach club music. how si that going to get better and more popular with time.
    It won't because it's horrible. It's like expecting the Macarana to make a comeback.

Destroyed? Alt? Who do you think I am?

Respond to my post, tranny.
    You didn't say anything. You claim I couldn't know anything about popular music, but you haven't listed a single artist that came out since '93. Just shut the **** up because it's apparent you have no idea what you're talking about.

You didn't say anything. You claim I couldn't know anything about popular music, but you haven't listed a single artist that came out since '93. Just shut the **** up because it's apparent you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Much more of a clue than you pal. Why am I sitting here responding to an ugly tranny full of spite for the world?

Any idiot knows the Beatles are the founding fathers of popular music as we know it today. The Beach Boys were one trick ponies that people don't give a **** about. Geratrics will listen to them, but I don't see movies and musicals made about them. People just don't care. Where's their Vegas show? Beatles are at the Mirage! Beach Boys are homos, who write homo music for homos like you.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/offto...boys-27007891/
    ^Two for the Beach Boys here, out of 22... and tat's a website full of nerds like yourself.
    Cites gaming website for music, but calls others nerds. Check.

[url]Look, Pet Sounds is a decent album, but it's still full of high-pitched girly squeels from fat old men in Hawaiian shirts.
    Doesn't know that the Beach Boys were younger than the Beatles. Check.