Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #31
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: POLL QUESTION: Should Kobe.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I had a similar injury in my pinky from playing football when I was a kid. My pinky finger got ripped out of its socket and to the side. It was freaking ugly and hurt like a mother f*cker! And, to re-set it was even more painful. My hand was in a cast for six weeks.

Not sure if its the same injury Kobe has, but it hurt and to this day, my pinky finger is a bit deformed.

As long as the finger stays somewhat stable, it should be OK (that is IF it doesn't get hurt or jammed again). What they'll need to watch for is if the tendon starts stretching (like my daughter's did). If the tendon starts stretching, the finger will literally start drooping downward (sometimes severly).....and if this happens, I can guarantee that Kobe will not be playing basketball for awhile. ..... And also, not only will they need to correct the torn tendon surgically, but they'll also have to perform whats called Tenolysis ... which is basically pulling and tightening the tendon back up. Sometimes Tenolysis works, sometimes it doesn't.....It's really a simple surgical procedure, but sometimes there can be complications, such as, scar tissue build-up, and, of course infection, or things like that (again, this is what happened to my daughter....I guess, just bad luck). I'M SURE KOBE WILL BE FINE THOUGH. THEY WILL WATCH THAT FINGER VERY CLOSELY!!!

Last edited by Kappy : 02-19-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: