Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default Marcus Camby Traded To Clippers

UPDATE: Trade is now official and a done deal: http://www.insidehoops.com/nuggets-c...s-071508.shtml

InsideHoops.com: The Los Angeles Clippers today acquired forward Marcus Camby from the Denver Nuggets. In return, Denver will have the option to exchange second round picks with the Clippers in 2010. As a result of the trade, the Nuggets receive a $10,000,000 trade exception, which can be used until one year from the completion of the trade.

Original Report:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_9891201

The Nuggets will trade veteran center Marcus Camby to the Los Angeles Clippers in order to create salary cap space, a source close to the team told the Denver Post Tuesday evening.

Denver will receive a future second-round draft pick, the source said.

Trading Camby, considered one of the top defensive centers in the NBA, will save Denver around $20 million, the source said.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 07-15-2008 at 10:29 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Marcus Camby Traded To Clippers

so now what? a kaman - camby froncourt? or is kaman on the way out? what gives?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

YAY! The Blazers are officially making the playoffs!

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

so maybe the kaman for boozer wishes are true?

traded for a 2nd round pick????????

Banned

I love a defencive precence going to the Clippers... but I mean Kaman is a pure center and Camby is also... I will be rollin' if I see any of those two playing power forward

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ballinforkeeps
    clippers have enough cap to just take camby for nothin?

Yup.... and I prefer that they soak up that contract for nothing.. instead of freakin' Zach Randolph

Camby?? Did they forget they have Kaman? So what, Camby going to slide over to the 4? (shakes head)

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    traded for a 2nd round pick????????
    yeah I cant believe that. I guess the cap space was important enough although Im pretty sure they are still at or over the cap. can camby play the 4? be the first big off the bench?

Decent playground baller

pple keep sayin cambys overrated. dont understand the mans game. he aint a shutdown defender but hes top help defender. highly efficient w/ less than 3 fouls and more than 3 blocks in the west, not easy to do specially if youre skinny.

also has intangibles that bigs dont have. hes one of the best role players, prollyy the best big man role player in the league.

Camby can play a PF actually. But that's beside the point. Because he sucks. Bad. Single most overrated player in the NBA. This is exactly something that Denver needed because Camby was literally useless for them. Now they can start making some real moves and actually build something decent, make something of their team. Good start for them, no doubt.

the retooling process has begun i guess. i like the fact this opens up a spot for nene in the starting rotation. i don't think this is the last move you'll see the nuggets make this offseason though.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinforkeeps
    pple keep sayin cambys overrated. dont understand the mans game. he aint a shutdown defender but hes top help defender. highly efficient w/ less than 3 fouls and more than 3 blocks in the west, not easy to do specially if youre skinny.

also has intangibles that bigs dont have. hes one of the best role players, prollyy the best big man role player in the league.
    Yeah right. Camby is all stats. He protects nothing. There are guys out there who protect the rim with their presence. Camby isn't one of them. If he is what people say he was, very few teams could score on Denver because they'd have a great anchor who'd make people pay for attempting to drive. That option would be taken away. However, it's not. It never was. Denver was allowing layup drills to all they played against. Camby was making no impact. Likely even hurting them.

Nuggets didnt think they could get more than a mere 2nd rounder for their starting C 2 years out of being DPOY?

Decent playground baller

well god daam baron davis has to be happier now. and clipper fans.

clippers are doin good. i hope baron can get at least 3 boards tho .