Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NBA "The Association" 2013-2014 Season

Does anyone know what team will be featured in this upcoming's seasons "The Association"? I would honestly like to see Miami featured because it could be last season of big three & a potential three peat. LAC (new coach, solid squad). Hell, an upcoming young team like the Pelicans or Cleveland which seem to be rebuilding into the right direction.

If no announcement has been made, when could we roughly expect to see? Brooklyn was announced two months prior to the season if I remember correctly?

What team do you all hope to be featured? Share your thoughts! I'm excited for the upcoming season. Outside of the teams tanking for Wiggins it seems like it will be very competitive.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: NBA "The Association" 2013-2014 Season

I'd like for them to do the Heat. It'd be neat to see the inner workings of a team going for a 3-Peat, and we'd get a different look on LeBron and D-Wade then what ESPN always gives us.

My guess is the Knicks.

i'd like to watch the train wreck that would be brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    I'd like for them to do the Heat. It'd be neat to see the inner workings of a team going for a 3-Peat, and we'd get a different look on LeBron and D-Wade then what ESPN always gives us.
    I agree, this would be such a cash cow for the NBA too... (from an owners perspective @ least) I watched maybe half of the association this season, I found the Brooklyn one boring... very much enjoyed the Nuggets one though

@Pushxxx

That's a pretty good guess. Amare "should" be healthy... and maybe we can see a full season of Amare + Melo and if they can really coexist.

@I<3NBA

Probably going to be the Pelicans.

EDIT: BK the Association was very boring, I couldnt even finish the last couple episodes.
    Last edited by Spaulding; 07-16-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spaulding

Quote Originally Posted by Spaulding

EDIT: BK the Association was very boring, I couldnt even finish the last couple episodes.
    I felt the selection of the BK was obviously blatant with the move of a team, new arena etc. It was pretty bad I think I got up to PJ's first episode as head coach lol.

As for the Pelican's it's quite the possibility, if it's rotation east > west > east > west conference teams I wouldn't rule that one out since the West is up if they are going by that format.

I also wonder how teams are selected if the GM/Owners of each team are asked "Hey, would you like to potentially become a part of this etc" If most teams decline then that's a real small pool to pull from.

I hope its a contender at least.

Some good ideas here. Miami, Brooklyn, NY, Houston, GSW... all compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    I hope its a contender at least.
    Yeah, I don't know why they've been avoiding the Heat, the Thunder and the Spurs. I mean, weren't the first two on the Lakers and Celtics going after another championship? Doesn't make sense to skip other legit contenders.

Banned

some teams I think they will do:

Warriors - great story last year, would be interesting to see where they go from there.

Pelicans - like Nets last year, remodeled team. the show is a good way to get people talking about them

Cavs - putting together an interesting young team. the story can be about how they have recovered from LeBron and are now poised to get in the playoffs. wel see if Bynum recovers and he won't be able to hide on the bench.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I hope it's the Kings or Bucks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Yeah, I don't know why they've been avoiding the Heat, the Thunder and the Spurs. I mean, weren't the first two on the Lakers and Celtics going after another championship? Doesn't make sense to skip other legit contenders.
    some teams have policies to try to avoid media distractions. Pretty sure spurs and thunder have something like this.

Anybody know where I can get previous and upcoming seasons of this show, sounds like something I'd love to see, we don't get this in Australia and I have looked for them on torrent sites before.

Is there one for the NFL as well?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.