Page 13 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

It became quite apparent early on that the only way Miami will win is if they keep nailing three pointers...and well they still aren't missing in the second half. Feels like one of the those tourny upsets where N. Iowa or a similar school just keeps hitting shots. lol

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Rushing the floor for beating #13? Really Miami?

Man, I got shit to do, check the score and see CSUN down 51-30 with 14:20 to go...c'mon Mats!
    Last edited by qrich; 11-29-2012 at 02:26 AM.

Is Kentucky even a top 20 team right now? Struggled with Morehead State, and getting handled by Notre Dame tonight and on their way to a double-digit loss.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

yeah that was bad

we'll see how it goes on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    yeah that was bad

we'll see how it goes on Saturday
    I think y'all are in the same state as North Carolina right now, except with better freshmen, which means you'll probably be better in the longrun. Only advantage UNC has is that they're deeper and have four or five guys that have experience to balance out their four inexperienced freshmen.

I still think (maybe hope more than think in UNC's case) both teams will be much better by March.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

yeah

they played much better against Maryland and Duke, so it could be a bit of an aberration. It was frustrating to watch, but we were missing easy shots and they were making tough ones, and that's how it goes sometimes. The defense needs to get a lot better though, I don't think they really understand how hard you have to play all the time.

This Tennessee/Georgetown game is a barnburner

Tennessee leads 18-16 at the half.

Calipari's already coached more non-con games in the state of Indiana than IU will play outside of Indiana.

Rumor on twitter saying UVA and GT are announcing that they are leaving for the Big Ten on Monday.

A guy close to the UNC program (and he's often predicted recruits, coaches, etc for the last 8+ years correctly) says if the pieces fall then North Carolina is leaning towards the SEC. Probably with VPI, if UVA is going to the Big Ten.

Although another guy who, to a lesser extent, has also been correct on info over the years is saying we might got to the Big Ten if they take either of UVA or Duke with us.

I don't know what to think, but I do know that the ACC is the conference which will be left out of the new "Big 4". UNC better bolt to the SEC or Big Ten and not die with the "ACC". I say "ACC" since it looks nothing like the original ACC anymore.

UNC runs the ACC. They're going nowhere until the ACC is dead and buried. And unless they're stupid it's to the open arms of the Big Ten and the CIC.

The Big Ten brings dozens of millions. Being in the CIC (which IS the Big Ten) brings literal Billions. As a university there's no reason to say no to the Big Ten. Unless you're Notre Dame's arrogant ass who brings absolutely nothing to the research juggernaut that is the Big Ten. If Notre Dame gave a shit about their actual school they'd have been in the Big Ten in 93.

What is your interpretation of "dead and buried" for the ACC?

The conference is "dead and buried" in my mind if ANY current member leaves for another conference. If the rumor about GT and UVA is true, there is no way the ACC, as we know it, goes on without UVA.

Part of me opens to the SEC idea because, imo, North Carolina is a sleeping football giant. Look what Mack Brown accomplished before North Carolina was stupid in dealing with his contract. Look what Butch Davis could bring in with regards to recruiting. Up to this point, Fedora can actually recruit and coach.

Then in basketball you have two, maybe three if Duke comes along, blue bloods in one conference. In the past 7 seasons, no program has been more successful than North Carolina. And UK is undoubtedly on top of the college basketball world right now. Most all time rankings have both programs 1-3, if not the top two.

Not the mention the baseball in the SEC is worlds better.

However, if I know the university and the government in the state, the move will be to the Big Ten. For your reasons and anything else which the Big Ten has the upper hand academically over the SEC. Which is a lot.

I don't have a personal preference other than to leave the ACC. My personal preference is to take along UVA. Then Duke. Then VPI.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    What is your interpretation of "dead and buried" for the ACC?

The conference is "dead and buried" in my mind if ANY current member leaves for another conference. If the rumor about GT and UVA is true, there is no way the ACC, as we know it, goes on without UVA.

Part of me opens to the SEC idea because, imo, North Carolina is a sleeping football giant. Look what Mack Brown accomplished before North Carolina was stupid in dealing with his contract. Look what Butch Davis could bring in with regards to recruiting. Up to this point, Fedora can actually recruit and coach.

Then in basketball you have two, maybe three if Duke comes along, blue bloods in one conference. In the past 7 seasons, no program has been more successful than North Carolina. And UK is undoubtedly on top of the college basketball world right now. Most all time rankings have both programs 1-3, if not the top two.

Not the mention the baseball in the SEC is worlds better.

However, if I know the university and the government in the state, the move will be to the Big Ten. For your reasons and anything else which the Big Ten has the upper hand academically over the SEC. Which is a lot.

I don't have a personal preference other than to leave the ACC. My personal preference is to take along UVA. Then Duke. Then VPI.
    While the possibility of UNC and Kentucky in the same conference (basketball wise) is fun to think about, the bold is what really sticks out to me. UNC has one of the top 5ish baseball programs in the country, and you'd be adding them to a conference that's already sending 8 or so teams a year to the NCAA tournament. The SEC just added A&M and they're pretty good at baseball, too.

So on top of the regular 8ish Super Regional/CWS threats: South Carolina, Florida, LSU, Vandy, Arkansas, Alabama, OM, Mississippi State, and Kentucky, you're throwing in A&M and UNC.

On the Georgetown/Tennessee barnburner...

Markel Starks scored the eventual game winning bucket for Georgetown...with 4:08 remaining in the game. No player on either team scored more than 8 points. Georgetown won 37-36.

So is every major college program east of Illinois eventually going to join the Big Ten or something?