Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2014, 01:05 AM   #1
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb
 
Ass Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Dry An@l Rapist of Wack
Posts: 3,255
Default Why did everything start?

I understand the big bang and all of that, but how did all the galaxies come into play, how did everything become what it is today, and why and what caused it (I guess this is more the why)? What was before the big bang, and what started that reality?

Again this is not a human-centric question, we are a mere spec of bacteria on a grain of sand in a dust storm, my question is how did everything, all the galaxies come to be. I know the big bang is the mechanism for what we see now, but what fostered that, what went on before, what are the outer limits (or is everything on a perpetual ellipsoid, and if it is on an ellipsoid what is outside of that?).

Why does anything exist really?

I am somewhat brain-boggled.
Ass Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:08 AM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 39,215
Default Re: Why did everything start?

Jupiter
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:12 AM   #3
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: Why did everything start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Dan
I understand the big bang and all of that, but how did all the galaxies come into play, how did everything become what it is today, and why and what caused it (I guess this is more the why)? What was before the big bang, and what started that reality?

Again this is not a human-centric question, we are a mere spec of bacteria on a grain of sand in a dust storm, my question is how did everything, all the galaxies come to be. I know the big bang is the mechanism for what we see now, but what fostered that, what went on before, what are the outer limits (or is everything on a perpetual ellipsoid, and if it is on an ellipsoid what is outside of that?).

Why does anything exist really?

I am somewhat brain-boggled.

Kant devised 2 reasoning on time:

1. If the universe had a beginning, then there would be an infinite set of beginnings before it.

2. If it had no beginning, it would be infinite in and of itself.

The big bang theory is just nothing more than a narrow view of the universe; I'm pretty sure once they figure out the science of it, they'll start questioning what lead to it .. then what lead to that .. and so on and so forth.

Kant is right
; Stephen Hawking is nothing more than a handicap who can't see the bigger picture.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:12 AM   #4
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 17,669
Default Re: Why did everything start?

Since time didn't exist before the big bang, nothing existed. No one really knows what happened before that point. I think all we know is that the universe is expanding so there had to be a start (big bang). No one really knows. My theory is that our minds are might not be capable of understanding. The great thing about science is that it will always search for that answer.

When I say incapable, I mean like how a animal doesn't understand how a computer works but can still see it work. It has no f*cking idea how the software works or about atomic particles and electricity.

Last edited by RoseCity07 : 02-14-2014 at 01:14 AM.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:25 AM   #5
JohnFreeman
First Kobe fan on ISH
 
JohnFreeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: may the handsome be with you
Posts: 20,731
Default Re: Why did everything start?

They have a picture of the beginning of the universe..can't find it doe
JohnFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:38 AM   #6
dr.hee
Decent college freshman
 
dr.hee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,652
Default Re: Why did everything start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Dan
I understand the big bang and all of that, but how did all the galaxies come into play, how did everything become what it is today, and why and what caused it (I guess this is more the why)? What was before the big bang, and what started that reality?

Again this is not a human-centric question, we are a mere spec of bacteria on a grain of sand in a dust storm, my question is how did everything, all the galaxies come to be. I know the big bang is the mechanism for what we see now, but what fostered that, what went on before, what are the outer limits (or is everything on a perpetual ellipsoid, and if it is on an ellipsoid what is outside of that?).

Why does anything exist really?

I am somewhat brain-boggled.

Basically nobody knows. The Big Bang explains what we're seeing today, but we have no clue about the moment before everything started to expand. So the best explanation is probably

dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:42 AM   #7
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: Why did everything start?

Dr Hee,

You are my biggest troll and yet you won't ever engage me in a full on intellectual debate. This proves 2 things:

1. I am bothering you in some sort of way: the theories I set forth is too hard for your elementary mind to comprehend.

2. You are simply too stupid to fight back from an intellectual standpoint, hence why you are trolling to reaffirm your belief system.

Take me on homeboy; that's all I ask. Pound for pound, you won't win. As is, copping out and trolling is nothing more than a desperate attempt at making your beliefs relevant.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:43 AM   #8
Patrick Chewing
Soldier of God
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 17,945
Default Re: Why did everything start?

Clearly due to evolution and global warming.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:44 AM   #9
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 18,992
Default Re: Why did everything start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
My theory is that our minds are might not be capable of understanding. The great thing about science is that it will always search for that answer.

When I say incapable, I mean like how a animal doesn't understand how a computer works but can still see it work. It has no f*cking idea how the software works or about atomic particles and electricity.

What makes you say that? Just because humans don't have the full picture now doesn't mean we won't eventually. Scientists just proved the standard model is correct after proving the existence of the until recently hypothetical 'god particle'. It was just announced that they are building an even more powerful collider that will give more insight into subatomic particle structure, function, etc.

We now have a clearer picture of the big bang, particle physics, etc. It's no longer just theoretical. It's not like the scientists working on solving these puzzles are dogs looking at computers... they built the colliders, satellites, etc.

And there are plenty of people studying what happened before the big bang. The BBC had a great documentary about M theory/parallel universes. Here's a snippet (The whole thing is online somewhere, don't feel like looking for it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crQvu4NygAc
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:45 AM   #10
dr.hee
Decent college freshman
 
dr.hee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,652
Default Re: Why did everything start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Clearly due to evolution and global warming.

Agree. Also...

dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:47 AM   #11
JohnFreeman
First Kobe fan on ISH
 
JohnFreeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: may the handsome be with you
Posts: 20,731
Default Re: Why did everything start?

JohnFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:55 AM   #12
dr.hee
Decent college freshman
 
dr.hee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,652
Default Re: Why did everything start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
And there are plenty of people studying what happened before the big bang. The BBC had a great documentary about M theory/parallel universes. Here's a snippet (The whole thing is online somewhere, don't feel like looking for it)

While I absolutely admire people who are smart enough to deal with that stuff, it gets a bit murky to me if theoretical physics is stepping into realms where it's getting more and more problematic to empirically test a hypothesis. I know there have been some suggestions of clues pointing towards the existence of other universes based on some anomalies (that's how the word is pronounced btw...looking at you, Rambo!) in the cosmic microwave background, but it's kinda shaky as far as I've read.
dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:57 AM   #13
JohnFreeman
First Kobe fan on ISH
 
JohnFreeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: may the handsome be with you
Posts: 20,731
Default Re: Why did everything start?

Watch some Vsauce bro
JohnFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:57 AM   #14
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: Why did everything start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.hee
While I absolutely admire people who are smart enough to deal with that stuff, it gets a bit murky to me if theoretical physics is stepping into realms where it's getting more and more problematic to empirically test a hypothesis. I know there have been some suggestions of clues pointing towards the existence of other universes based on some anomalies (that's how the word is pronounced btw...looking at you, Rambo!) in the cosmic microwave background, but it's kinda shaky as far as I've read.



You're improving Hee; keep making posts like these, so you won't sound so f*ckin stupid, thanks.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:03 AM   #15
dr.hee
Decent college freshman
 
dr.hee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,652
Default Re: Why did everything start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24


You're improving Hee; keep making posts like these, so you won't sound so f*ckin stupid, thanks.

You're welcome. Did you learn how to spell "anomaly" by now? Might be useful the next time you're telling us crispy cream donuts are actually alien spacecraft. Or are you busy right now being alpha by playing on your PS4?
dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

NBA Free Agency

NBA Summer Leagues

Utah Summer League

Sacramento Summer League

Vegas NBA Summer League

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy