Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-23-2018, 10:34 PM   #1
3ball
NBA Legend

Default Stars that were considered big additions, but turned into bums alongside Lebron

Larry Hughes

Before joining Lebron (2005):. 22/6/5, NBA steals leader, 1st Team All-Defense
After. joining Lebron (06-08):. 13 ppg, role player, no D

Antawn Jamison

Before joining Lebron (2009):. 22.2.. 8.9.. 1.9.. prior year NBA All-star (08')
After.. joining Lebron (2010):. 15.8.. 7.7.. 1.3.. disappointed big expectations

Isaiah Thomas

Before joining Lebron (2016):. 28.9/5.9, 1st Team All-NBA
After.. joining Lebron (2018):. 14.7/4.5, his camp said Lebron hurt his game

These huge declines can't be explained by them becoming 2nd options.. 2nd options can still be superstars, but these guys turned into role-playing bums

Then there's Love and Bosh, who frequently saw their PPG drop 10 points and sometimes more alongside Lebron. That's too big of a drop-off. Heck, love had 5 pts last game

This is another reason why he isnt goat - he can't play with other stars, or at least can't get the most out of them.. And obviously, it's because he's too ball-dominant, so teammates can't shine.. his ball-dominance also prevents his teams from running high-level systems used by his Finals opponents that yield the best teamwork and better teams..

His supporters will claim that the ball is better off in Lebron's hands than anyone else and that his teams are very good, with very good offenses.. But that's irrelevant - even though Lebron-ball results in pretty good teams, it doesn't result in the best teamwork or brand of basketball, so he's destined to mostly lose to teams that DO have the best teamwork brand/brand of basketball (spurs, warriors, Mavs).. So the fact that his style doesn't fit into a system that yields the best teamwork, and doesn't fit well alongside stars is a legit knock on his game versus jordan's, who did these things, thus allowing his team to be the best

Last edited by 3ball : 04-23-2018 at 10:41 PM.
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:49 PM   #2
HylianNightmare
The Magic are a trash

Default Re: Stars that were considered big additions, but turned into bums alongside Lebron

Stars?

Larry Hughes?

What the actual ****
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:52 PM   #3
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Default Re: Stars that were considered big additions, but turned into bums alongside Lebron

Ron Harper
to
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:29 PM   #4
nashwade
Local High School Star

Larry Hughes and Antwan Jamison...

OK

I thought you gon bring up Dwade or Bosh
nashwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:33 PM   #5
FreezingTsmoove
The Sheriff

Shaq
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:33 PM   #6
warriorfan
Itís gonna be easy!

Op is the best poster on the board
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:50 PM   #7
ShawkFactory
NBA rookie of the year

Larry Hughes literally never made an all star team.

Jamiesons per 36 numbers were similar.

IT had a serious injury and is on the verge of being out of the league.

Next..
ShawkFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:07 AM   #8
SomeBlackDude
Decent college freshman

if you listen to his stans, litrally every player bron has ever played with is a bum. the man never had any help. always needs more help.
SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:18 AM   #9
plowking
Verticle?

Ron Harper: 20/6/5 before Jordan - turns into a 7/2/2 player with Jordan.

Kukoc - 13/4/4 with Jordan - turns into an 18/7/5 stud without him.

Cartwright - 18/8 in his last season as a starter with NY- Jordan turned him into a 12ppg, sub 50% shooting big man.

Discuss.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:31 AM   #10
SomeBlackDude
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

Cartwright - 18/8 in his last season as a starter with NY- Jordan turned him into a 12ppg, sub 50% shooting big man.

Discuss.

straight up bums.

it's a miracle mj didn't take his talents to disneyland to team up with penny and shaq.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:36 AM   #11
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
straight up bums.

it's a miracle mj didn't take his talents to disneyland to team up with penny and shaq.

Disneyworld, get your theme parks right.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:38 AM   #12
Funktion
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

Discuss.

Harper said he knew he would get his minutes slashed when he went to Chicago. He played less than 20 a game but didnt care as he just wanted to win. Even if its his defense only that gets him on the floor.
Funktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:56 AM   #13
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funktion
Harper said he knew he would get his minutes slashed when he went to Chicago. He played less than 20 a game but didnt care as he just wanted to win. Even if its his defense only that gets him on the floor.

Bosh averaged 20/9 in his time at Toronto on 49% shooting per 36 minutes.
He averaged 18/8 in Miami on 51% shooting, while going from first to third option.

Jamison went from 21/8 in Washington, to 20/7 in his first full season with Bron per 36 minutes. All while being older, and getting to the age (33, 34, 35) where players generally start seeing a big drop off.

Won't even bother with the Thomas or Hughes ones. I guess Bron is to blame for his time at LA too.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:09 AM   #14
SomeBlackDude
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Bosh averaged 20/9 in his time at Toronto on 49% shooting per 36 minutes.
He averaged 18/8 in Miami on 51% shooting, while going from first to third option.

bron ate food off of bosh's plate. took food out of his kid's mouths.

"You just get your entree and that's it. It's like, wait a minute, I need my appetizer and my dessert and my drink, what are you doing? And my bread basket. What is going on? I'm hungry! It's a lot different."

-bosh on bron ball

Quote:
Jamison went from 21/8 in Washington, to 20/7 in his first full season with Bron per 36 minutes. All while being older, and getting to the age (33, 34, 35) where players generally start seeing a big drop off.

Won't even bother with the Thomas or Hughes ones. I guess Bron is to blame for his time at LA too.

now do the numbers for 4x dpoy ben wallace, 3x finals mvp MDE shaq, and wally 'best player kg had in minny' sczerbiak before and during bron ball.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:08 AM   #15
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
bron ate food off of bosh's plate. took food out of his kid's mouths.

"You just get your entree and that's it. It's like, wait a minute, I need my appetizer and my dessert and my drink, what are you doing? And my bread basket. What is going on? I'm hungry! It's a lot different."

-bosh on bron ball

now do the numbers for 4x dpoy ben wallace, 3x finals mvp MDE shaq, and wally 'best player kg had in minny' sczerbiak before and during bron ball.

Wallace's stats were virtually identical per 36 minutes in Cleveland coming from Chicago. In fact, they were slightly better.

Not sure why we would compare Shaq, who between Boston and Cleveland played his last season collectively if you include the games between seasons.
Anyway, if you must, he went from 21/10 on Phoenix to 19/10 on Cleveland per 36 minutes.

Why exactly are you picking guys right at the end of their careers?
Funny thing is, their stats still hold up playing with Bron.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: