Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-24-2018, 03:59 AM   #1
Nowoco
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Thumbs down Why does Westbrook get a pass for his horrible performances in the playoffs?

Compared to say, Harden.

2017 and 2018 PS...

38% FG
26% 3P
6 turnovers

#cancer
Nowoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:01 AM   #2
NZStreetBaller
Good college starter

Default Re: Why does Westbrook get a pass for his horrible performances in the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowoco
Compared to say, Harden.

2017 and 2018 PS...

38% FG
26% 3P
6 turnovers

#cancer

Because he gets held to a lower standard due to not being on hardens level.

Same reason we perk up scrubs when they score 30 points
NZStreetBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:04 AM   #3
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Why does Westbrook get a pass for his horrible performances in the playoffs?

Who's giving him a pass? Him and Carmelo are a joke. Always have been.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:06 AM   #4
DJMcDonald
:roll:

Why does OP get a pass for using hashtags on ISH? Is this a kokoa alt?
DJMcDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:39 AM   #5
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Who's giving him a pass? he's getting roasted. He doesn't go out quitting doe

You can't be a cancer if you were a big part of going to the Finals dumbass get a brain OP
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:26 AM   #6
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
Who's giving him a pass? he's getting roasted. He doesn't go out quitting doe

You can't be a cancer if you were a big part of going to the Finals dumbass get a brain OP

This is such a cop out in basketball. It isn't boxing, where you keep getting up even if you're getting your ass whooped and show heart.

Taking a bunch of shots, and missing, but continuing to take them doesn't mean you aren't quitting in basketball. It doesn't mean you went out swinging. It doesn't mean you gave it everything.
At times in ball, it is the easiest thing to do. Go up the court and jack a shot completely out of the offense.
Instead of trying to get the offense going, get your teammates going, play solid basketball and try and will your team back into the game.
Again, coming up the court, isoing for the sake of it, isn't necessarily going down swinging.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:05 AM   #7
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Im not sure where anyone gets the idea he gets a "pass". Hes among the most hated on players in the NBA.

Last year in the playoffs he put up

51/13/4
32/12/11
35/14/14
47/11/9

Over the last 4 after a blowout loss in game 1. People acted like him shooting 39% made it the death of basketball. Meanwhile half the hall of fame has playoff losses doing like 22/6/3 on the same shooting and none of you even know it happened. Jason Kidd in his prime went down doing like 13/12/9 on 30% in a series vs the Kings who got swept next series and nobody's even aware of it.

The half life of these things in public memory isnt what some seem to think it is. Off the top of my head 4 top 20ish players lost in the first round with 60+ win teams and I doubt many of you are aware of more than one of them.

You get hated for like 2 months then get back at it. I actually saw someone yesterday saying this is Westbrooks last chance. Hes what? 29? Maybe not even that. Last chance is some ways off. People were talking aout Pauls last chance years ago. Dirks window was supposed to be closed in what? 2009?

We get overly dramatic in the playoffs and talk big about things that in the end rarely even come up in discussion of their careers.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:11 AM   #8
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Russ doesn't get a "pass" on anything, the guy gets called out for stat padding in good games and chucking/TOs in bad games.
Easily the NBAs biggest love him or hate him player right now.
He's too caught up in what people say and proving people wrong on an individual level. He'll settle down at some point, but right now it's all about that chip on his shoulder and the focus on that is holding him back in the bigger picture.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:14 AM   #9
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Im not sure where anyone gets the idea he gets a "pass". Hes among the most hated on players in the NBA.

51/13/4
32/12/11
35/14/14
47/11/9

Over the last 4 after a blowout loss in game 1. People acted like him shooting 39% made it the death of basketball. Meanwhile half the hall of fame has playoff losses doing like 22/6/3 on the same shooting and none of you even know it happened. Jason Kidd in his prime went down doing like 13/12/9 on 30% in a series vs the Kings who got swept next series and nobody's even aware of it.

The half life of these things in public memory isnt what some seem to think it is. Off the top of my head 4 top 20ish players lost in the first round with 60+ win teams and I doubt many of you are aware of more than one of them.

You get hated for like 2 months then get back at it. I actually saw someone yesterday saying this is Westbrooks last chance. Hes what? 29? Maybe not even that. Last chance is some ways off. People were talking aout Pauls last chance years ago. Dirks window was supposed to be closed in what? 2009?

We get overly dramatic in the playoffs and talk big about things that in the end rarely even come up in discussion of their careers.

Total joke comparing Westbrook to Jason Kidd... who was better at literally everything... defense, rebounding, passing, making his teammates better. Westbrook is now doing this consistently, being total ass in the playoffs and hes at peak age. J-Kidd was doing far more with less at similar ages. you can cherrypick a bad series from kidds pre-prime but we dont have to cherrypick for russell, just pick one out of a hat lmao.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:27 AM   #10
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:

51/13/4
32/12/11
35/14/14
47/11/9

Wow, those numbers are so impressive, especially when you add some context to it:

39/26/80, 51% TS, 6TOs per game, on 30FGA per game

It is his last chance if they lose 1 more game to the Jazz. He's on a long term contract, and Paul George is 90% gone after this season if they get beaten in the first round by the Jazz. Good luck building anything worthwhile on a small market when your #1 option is seen as a terrible teammate and a guy that can't win being number 1 to the public eye.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:41 AM   #11
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

First of all...Kidd was 28. His previous series from the year before he put up 10/9/8 on 36% in another loss. The next series he played was 22/9/6 on 42% in a win. I dont need to cherry pick. When we are gonna call a 37/12/11 series for Westbrook bad due to shooting numbers its not hard to find a ton of bad series from everyone to ever play.

These are his playoff series going back...

37/12/11
27/11/7/4 steals
25/11/7
26/11/7
27/7/5
28/9/6
26/10/8
27/7/6

That gets you back to the 2012 finals. 2012 wcf he did 18/7/6 on poor shooting and before that 26/5/5 knocking out the Lakers.

Those series range from a low of 38% to a high of 49% shooting.

It is as always a matter of perspective. The way you seem to look at things....im not sure Tim Hardaway had a single good series his entire career after beating the Spurs in 91.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:44 AM   #12
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Kidd was not known for his shooting and was generally a pretty bad shooter as well, I don't see this comparison. But he didn't take 20-30 shots per game during PS series to shoot his team out of the game. He knew his weaknesses. He was known for doing the dirty work, improving teammates ceiling during games and playing elite defense, none of the things Westbrook does.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:46 AM   #13
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Wow, those numbers are so impressive, especially when you add some context to it:

39/26/80, 51% TS, 6TOs per game, on 30FGA per game

It is his last chance if they lose 1 more game to the Jazz. He's on a long term contract, and Paul George is 90% gone after this season if they get beaten in the first round by the Jazz. Good luck building anything worthwhile on a small market when your #1 option is seen as a terrible teammate and a guy that can't win being number 1 to the public eye.

Im not sure ive seen a single "Last chance...." post be correct....ever. For some reason people always say it of guys in their primes. For all we know Westbrook could be on the Nets in 4 years. And what exactly would he prove if he wins the series?

Haters dont care what you win. Lebron has more haters after 3 rings than he had with 0. So did Kobe after 5.

Hate isnt results based.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:48 AM   #14
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Kidd was not known for his shooting and was generally a pretty bad shooter as well, I don't see this comparison. But he didn't take 20-30 shots per game during PS series to shoot his team out of the game. He knew his weaknesses. He was known for doing the dirty work, improving teammates ceiling during games and playing elite defense, none of the things Westbrook does.

All of which led to what results in a good conference?

Kidd was one of those guys we assume makes a team great but it rarely showed in results.

Beating like 45 win teams in conference finals doesnt exactly make you a winner.

Kidd to me is a winner...but im not one who looks at it strictly from results. Kidd played like a winner...to me. Aside from the multiple coach killings, trade demands, locker room beefs and arrests I mean.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:53 AM   #15
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
First of all...Kidd was 28. His previous series from the year before he put up 10/9/8 on 36% in another loss. The next series he played was 22/9/6 on 42% in a win. I dont need to cherry pick. When we are gonna call a 37/12/11 series for Westbrook bad due to shooting numbers its not hard to find a ton of bad series from everyone to ever play.

These are his playoff series going back...

37/12/11
27/11/7/4 steals
25/11/7
26/11/7
27/7/5
28/9/6
26/10/8
27/7/6

That gets you back to the 2012 finals. 2012 wcf he did 18/7/6 on poor shooting and before that 26/5/5 knocking out the Lakers.

Those series range from a low of 38% to a high of 49% shooting.

It is as always a matter of perspective. The way you seem to look at things....im not sure Tim Hardaway had a single good series his entire career after beating the Spurs in 91.

....aaaaand another 1st round loss, meanwhile you hate on Harden and start B.S. threads when he performs above his regular season #s..

Westbrook is a joke

He averages a triple double though team success be damned

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 04-24-2018 at 08:57 AM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: