Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2010, 01:07 AM   #16
Angelsaurus Rex
I airball my layups

Default Re: Any P90X Users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
While we're on the topic of P90x and all those, are they good for adding mass or just for bigger guys to tone up/trim down?

My only problem is gaining mass. I'm already pretty toned and a decent size (5'9, 186) but I wanna get bigger. It's hard because I'm on a pretty tight budget and can only eat about one big meal a day with small meals/snacks built up around that.

That sucks. I don't know about P90x, but I do know a good supplement for getting bigger. It's called muscle juice, should be at your local GNC. You can take it as a replacement for a meal, or after a workout (which will maximize weight/muscle gain). And as far as food (cause you cant really bulk up without a steady diet), my only suggestion would be to start stealing food, its what I do when my dads lazy ass doesn't go grocery shopping.
Angelsaurus Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:11 AM   #17
Angelsaurus Rex
I airball my layups

And another suggestion I would have is instead of eating that one big meal, try to split that into 3 smaller meals throughout the day. The ideal amount of meals per day are 6 moderatley sized meals
Old 08-19-2010, 01:13 AM   #18
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Yeah i might just have to go the Aladdin route

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkbOGaJqJmg

B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:16 AM   #19
Angelsaurus Rex
I airball my layups

Quote:
Yeah i might just have to go the Aladdin route

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkbOGaJqJmg

Lulz, yep. It works for me.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:16 AM   #20
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I think the main thing with routines/diets/etc isn't about which one you do but about the commitment to it. You will see results from whatever you do if you dedicate yourself to it. That's where I've always gotten caught up with workouts. I'm a naturally skinny guy but live a pretty unhealthy lifestyle. I alwaays attempt to get into routines to look better/feel better but I normally end up bailing after a week or so.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:53 AM   #21
caliballer
I hit open layups

Quote:
While we're on the topic of P90x and all those, are they good for adding mass or just for bigger guys to tone up/trim down?

My only problem is gaining mass. I'm already pretty toned and a decent size (5'9, 186) but I wanna get bigger. It's hard because I'm on a pretty tight budget and can only eat about one big meal a day with small meals/snacks built up around that.

P90x isn't really a good program from gaining a lot of mass, it helps tremendously with trimming down tho.
caliballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:12 AM   #22
plowking
well DENG

B Low, if you want to add some mass, start doing higher weights and lower reps.
When I was getting bigger for Rugby I was doing 4 sets of 6-8 reps. Helped me gain about 25lbs over a 4 month period and I ended up getting slightly stronger, though less explosive.
Make sure to always be snacking on something. Easy cheap meal is canned tuna and some cottage cheese mixed together. Lots of protein and convenient.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:41 AM   #23
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Once you start eating healthier, you'll feel a lot better, and you'll actually enjoy it and the taste of the food you're eating. It'll also be a lot easier saying no to the junk food.

Aint that the truth. The past 9-10 months I was being such a lazy ass and eating terrible. I didn't gain too much weight thanks to my metabolism but I would feel pains in my body because of how terrible I was eating and because of my sedentary lifestyle. I changed all that 5 weeks ago and gained 11 lbs of muscle.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:49 AM   #24
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
B Low, if you want to add some mass, start doing higher weights and lower reps.
When I was getting bigger for Rugby I was doing 4 sets of 6-8 reps. Helped me gain about 25lbs over a 4 month period and I ended up getting slightly stronger, though less explosive.
Make sure to always be snacking on something. Easy cheap meal is canned tuna and some cottage cheese mixed together. Lots of protein and convenient.

This.. eat eat eat. Protein shakes. And do less cardio if you want to bulk up quickly. An easier route would be creatine, though I don't recommend it.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:00 AM   #25
Hawker
Banned

Quote:

Dude...5'9" 186 is pretty fucking big man.

Anyways, I gained 11 lbs in 5 weeks and you've seen my pictures...I'm a skinny ass ( dont consider myself anymore). I could eat what I want and barely gain weight. I think it caught up to me though this year. Gained 6 lbs from a sedentary lifestyle.

Now I'm 150 5'8". Here's what I did to gain weight if you want a general guideline.

Body Fortress Weight Gainer-7:30 (1k cals, ~60g protein)

Two hours later: PB&J and a Yoplait Yogurt (~500-700 cals, ~25-20g protein) & banana

Two hours later: Eat lunch. (I would go out for lunch since it was at work. Just make sure it's high cal, high protein)

Two hours later: PB&J and a Yoplait Yogurt & Apple

Two hours later: Work out and take protein shake after

15-30 min later: Turkey Sandwich w/ cheese & ranch dressing. Broccoli, carrots and tomatoes.

1 hour before you go to bed: Another Weight Gainer

It kinda sucked eating this much because I would take 4-6 shits a day but it worked.

My work out would be this: crossfit.com. 3 days on, 1 day off. Cept we would work out M-F and rest on the weekends. I only gained muscle. It's weird having biceps.

Last edited by Hawker : 08-19-2010 at 03:03 AM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:00 AM   #26
AKADS
Decent college freshman

im on week 10 of p90x, I love it the results are amazing, i follow the work outs and eat as healthy as i can (no pop, candy, chips ect) i have only dropped a few pounds but have dropped over 5% body fat. (i was 18% now under 13%.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:24 AM   #27
plowking
well DENG

I wouldn't mind giving this thing a shot to see what it's like. Did you buy it AKADS or download it somewhere?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:09 AM   #28
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
I wouldn't mind giving this thing a shot to see what it's like. Did you buy it AKADS or download it somewhere?
I got lucky, my friend gave me the 13-disc retail DVD set and I ripped them all.

But here's a torrent for it... http://btjunkie.org/torrent/P90X/433...a49688b8fc6580
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:58 AM   #29
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

P90X really doesn't seem to be for getting bigger, but more for shedding the fat, and basically getting stronger.

I've been on it for about a month now, and I was already in decent shape, but i'm starting to get cut around the chest/ab area.

It's intense, and requires a ridiculous commitment, I've gotten lazy and cheated a few times :[
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #30
AKADS
Decent college freshman

i got it off a freind who downloaded it. i als down loaded insanity and will do that right after i am done p90.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: