Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Marcus Camby Traded To Clippers

This is one of the rare occasions where a deal is terrible for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    ********* has it as 8 mil, but from what I know, he does have incentives in his contract to pay him more[such as playing an X amount of games or something along those lines].
    i just did a quick espn check, and they had it at 10 mil. but they could easily be wrong

********* has it as 8 mil, but from what I know, he does have incentives in his contract to pay him more[such as playing an X amount of games or something along those lines].
    That's the beauty of his contract. Notice that since he signed his extension (like two years ago) he suddenly played 70 games and 79 games.

Look at the years before and he played once over 70 games.

I'm still baffled by the move. I know why the Nuggets did it, I just don't understand why the Clippers did it. For sure they are planning to trade some more. Hopefully they don't give Kaman away (guy is an underrated center).

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    This is one of the rare occasions where a deal is terrible for both teams.
    A 2nd rounder for a guy expiring next year is horrible? I mean, Camby is a solid big man and will be guarding the Amare's, the Duncans, the Garnetts, while Kaman stays against the Shaq's and Oberto's.

i just did a quick espn check, and they had it at 10 mil. but they could easily be wrong
    Eh, then we have 4.5-6 mil to still use for JR Smith .

I'm still baffled by the move. I know why the Nuggets did it, I just don't understand why the Clippers did it. For sure they are planning to trade some more. Hopefully they don't give Kaman away (guy is an underrated center).
    Camby is a defensive specalist and will be solid next to Kaman. Cambs is also a solid passer for a big man[may not be Webber or Vlade but is still solid]. Plus, he expires in two years with T2 and Mobley, so we might be trying to get in the LBJ Sweepstakes as well.

Banned

is a defensive specalist and will be solid next to Kaman. Cambs is also a solid passer for a big man[may not be Webber or Vlade but is still solid]. Plus, he expires in two years with T2 and Mobley, so we might be trying to get in the LBJ Sweepstakes as well.

Well it is a major city.... L.A.......and he may like the challange of succeeding where very few have...the clipps....

A 2nd rounder for a guy expiring next year is horrible? I mean, Camby is a solid big man and will be guarding the Amare's, the Duncans, the Garnetts, while Kaman stays against the Shaq's and Oberto's.

Eh, then we have 4.5-6 mil to still use for JR Smith .

Camby is a defensive specalist and will be solid next to Kaman. Cambs is also a solid passer for a big man[may not be Webber or Vlade but is still solid]. Plus, he expires in two years with T2 and Mobley, so we might be trying to get in the LBJ Sweepstakes as well.
    Only the last one makes sense. Going for Lebron. Everything else though it's just not enough to convince me that was the reason they got him.

We'll see though. Playing next to Kaman is definitely going to make Camby look better on the defensive end.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Emile
    Yeah, he sure is not overrated. Because being a top defender in the paint as you put it, that would mean he'd actually improve the team he's on by defending in the paint, altering shots and so on. In theory, yeah. In reality, Denver was possibly the worst defensive team in the NBA. So much for that. And the ignorance of suggesting that someone who gets the DPOY should actually at least make his team a bad defensive team. Yet Nuggets weren't even good enough to be considered just bad.
    07-08 Denver Nuggets had a defensive efficiency of 106.3, good for 10th in the league. So you're wrong. Of course, without Camby that may slip a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    traded for a 2nd round pick????????
    he's 34 with a big contract, Nuggets can basically sign anyone they like now

Camby will fall off in another 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    he's 34 with a big contract, Nuggets can basically sign anyone they like now

Camby will fall off in another 2 years
    How long is his contract...oh yeah, 2 years :). It's a perfect trade for the Clippers. I don't see anything going wrong with Kaman and Camby, except they might fight for who jumps But seriously, I don't see why people are acting like the Clippers lost, we dealt a 2nd round pick for one of the best defensive bigs in the league[one, who many said was a top 5 C to go alongside our own]. Kaman and Camby can easily co-exist in the front court.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    07-08 Denver Nuggets had a defensive efficiency of 106.3, good for 10th in the league. So you're wrong. Of course, without Camby that may slip a little.
    Denver gave up 107 ppg...2nd last in the league.

Banned

How long is his contract...oh yeah, 2 years :). It's a perfect trade for the Clippers. I don't see anything going wrong with Kaman and Camby, except they might fight for who jumps But seriously, I don't see why people are acting like the Clippers lost, we dealt a 2nd round pick for one of the best defensive bigs in the league[one, who many said was a top 5 C to go alongside our own]. Kaman and Camby can easily co-exist in the front court.

Would you be happier with Camby or would you have rather signed Okafor?

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Would you be happier with Camby or would you have rather signed Okafor?
    I would have preferred Okafor as long as it wasn't more then 13 mil, but I am ecstatic with what we got in Camby. Kaman, now doesn't have to worry about guarding the best post players and can focus on the offensive end. Plus, Camby expires in two years, giving us some great cap space, or some solid expirings to trade at the deadline during the 2009/10 season.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore FULL CLIP's Avatar

Because it's the cool thing to do?

Quote Originally Posted by FULL CLIP
    Because it's the cool thing to do?
    Oh yes, my mistake. It's Donald Sterling, even if we had traded a 2nd rounder for someone such as Dwight Howard, people would try to say we lost one way or another.[Not saying Camby = Howard, Dwight was just the first premier big who's name jumped into my head]