Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 01-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation
Default Best Euro Big Man

I'd like to say Nikola Pekovic is the best Euro big man right now, but one can also argue Aleks Maric has been doing a great job as well. Who are other Euro bigs that I should be watching?
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Best Euro Big Man

Does Lorbek and Vasquez count in the category?
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
I'd count both of them.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
Maga_1

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Now, by the games that i saw Fran Vasquéz is the best big men in the best team in Europe but .. it's just my 2cent.

Well, overall i think Lorbek it's the player with more overall skills but is not playing better than Vasquéz .. still playing very well.

I don't like players like Lavrinovic, Pekovic, Schortsianitis .. mainly because is big "skill" is their strenght, i like big players with good techinique and a little all around game.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:22 AM   #5
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Vazquez is playing extremely well (I hope he decides to play for Spain) and Lorbek is total class.However for me these guys are 4s more than 5s. though they could and do play as 5s. I like Bouroussis (was at barca for a little while and i think he didnt play a single match!) Pekovic is a beast,he is a great inside presence but perhaps lacks a bit of overall game. I like both Lavrinovic,I think they are very smart players and can both shoot the ball well.My favourite was Vujcic when he was at Maccabi,now he is not playing as much as he did then but still a great inteligent player.Splitter we can't forget about.Maric is doing well too,there are quite a few I am sure that I have not mentioned.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1

Yes. They are both about 2.10 or 2.11 or about 6-11. They count to me, especially because Vazquez just plays as a dunker and shot blocker and Lorbek plays in the low post on offense.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #7
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

BTW, IMO the best is Bourousis. After that I would probably say Lorbek or Pekovic. Sofo is by far the most dominant though. He just can't seem to stay on the court though.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #8
Maga_1

I can i forget about Bourousis?
Nice one, excellent player .. in offense got great low post and can shoot something from outside in defense it's a huge presence at the rebounds.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: