Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Lakers aren't getting anyone

I think its clear at this point. Jim loves bynum too much, mitch loves pau too much. FA's can't play here because we don't have money.

Alright. Lakers next year, 6th seed? 7th? Taking predictions. I hope we get out of the 1st round.

Banned

Default Re: Lakers aren't getting anyone

Pretty much.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    I think its clear at this point. Jim loves bynum too much, mitch loves pau too much. FA's can't play here because we don't have money.

Alright. Lakers next year, 6th seed? 7th? Taking predictions. I hope we get out of the 1st round.
    stop being a sensitive drama queen...its not even 12mid night yet...and ur already PMSing that the lakers are not getting anyone...

did u even had a freaking idea last year when the lakers almost pulled off that cp3 trade?

Magic Johnson

Mitch tried to trade Gasol last summer. If he's not traded before training camp, it's because there weren't any legitimate offers. I hate to say it, but the market for an old, overpaid power forward who has played like shit for two straight playoff runs is rather low.

They will continue to fade into irrelevancy if they don't make some kind of move. Last season was proof that just Bryant, Bynum and Gasol alone won't get you very far. Are they really going to waste Kobe's possible last chances at a title with this unsuccessful formula? Doubt it.

An Icon Forever

Sadly, I agree with you. Man, what do you think is going through Kobe's head?

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    They will continue to fade into irrelevancy if they don't make some kind of move. Last season was proof that just Bryant, Bynum and Gasol alone won't get you very far. Are they really going to waste Kobe's possible last chances at a title with this unsuccessful formula? Doubt it.
    I'm not trying to hate or anything but I do think this line of thinking is funny coming from a Spurs fan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    stop being a sensitive drama queen...its not even 12mid night yet...and ur already PMSing that the lakers are not getting anyone...

did u even had a freaking idea last year when the lakers almost pulled off that cp3 trade?
    And everything they've done since that is proof that it ruined them. They had their swan song. Its over man. It scared them into being very cautious, they don't go for home run anymore, they stand on the sideline. 12 mid night doesn't matter we have no cap space, it HAS to be a bynum or pau trade.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Mitch tried to trade Gasol last summer. If he's not traded before training camp, it's because there weren't any legitimate offers. I hate to say it, but the market for an old, overpaid power forward who has played like shit for two straight playoff runs is rather low.
    Except we should be willing to trade him for lesser value. We LOSE with pau bynum kobe no bench or pg. How about getting a mediocre pg and bench? Lets expect more from bynum. Lets make it so that kobe can be rested and ask him to be clutch in the 4th but RESTED not after playing 40 min. Decent pg and athletic bigs. Lets try it. Why can't we get josh smith? Beasley and derrick williams? Why not trade bynum for something, anything and ask pau to see if he still has it?

The lakers have been scared into sticking with something that doesn't work 100% because its risky to try something that has a 50% chance of working.

Magic Johnson

And everything they've done since that is proof that it ruined them. They had their swan song. Its over man.

Except we should be willing to trade him for lesser value. We LOSE with pau bynum kobe no bench or pg. How about getting a mediocre pg and bench? Lets expect more from bynum. Lets make it so that kobe can be rested and ask him to be clutch in the 4th but RESTED not after playing 40 min. Why can't we get josh smith? Beasley and derrick williams? Why not trade bynum for something, anything and ask pau to see if he still has it?

The lakers have been scared into sticking with something that doesn't work 100% because its risky to try something that has a 50% chance of working.
    I'd rather trade Bynum. I know Gasol is the older player and he's had two disappointing playoff runs, but we've seen how good he can be. And anyway, were 3-4 years from Kobe's retirement... and given what we've seen from Bynum he's not going to be our next franchise player, either because he's not good enough or he can't stay healthy. I want to see us trade Bynum and see if Kobe and Gasol can lead us to another 'ship before they retire.

And everything they've done since that is proof that it ruined them. They had their swan song. Its over man. It scared them into being very cautious, they don't go for home run anymore, they stand on the sideline. 12 mid night doesn't matter we have no cap space, it HAS to be a bynum or pau trade.

keep p1ssing them...I am not here..to write and comfort u ..to make you feel better about the lakers

I trust in LA ownership and FO that they will do right things to get us to be championship level again...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I'd rather trade Bynum. I know Gasol is the older player and he's had two disappointing playoff runs, but we've seen how good he can be. And anyway, were 3-4 years from Kobe's retirement... and given what we've seen from Bynum he's not going to be our next franchise player, either because he's not good enough or he can't stay healthy. I want to see us trade Bynum and see if Kobe and Gasol can lead us to another 'ship before they retire.
    I like that idea. I'd rather start with NOTHING once kobe is done and use the lead the lakers back to glory selling point to lure whoever the best player at the time is here in free agency.

Bynum should be able to net you 3 rotational players. ANYTHING is better than watching the same team again.

Banned

keep p1ssing them...I am not here..to write and comfort u ..to make you feel better about the lakers

I trust in LA ownership and FO that they will do right things to get us to be championship level again...
    I hope you're right. I just don't think they have the stones to blow this team up. I think it would have happened already.

I hope you're right. I just don't think they have the stones to blow this team up.
    they do have the stones to do it...but they are not going to give away their players...like pau for Scola/lowry or Pay for Derrick Williams

heck the lakers rejected already Pau for Josh smith....

Banned

if they dont get anyone is there a point to even watch them this season