Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: The Knicks style of basketball is not going to work in the playoffs

They make their 3s, spread the floor well with multiple guys who can shoot, and actually play D. You're mistaking this Knicks team with teams that live and die by the three pointer(i.e. 2009 Magic, 2007 Warriors).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    These dumbass Knick fans seem to forget about what happens to Mike Woodson led teams in the playoffs. Search up most lopsided sweep in NBA history

Knicks are not the Hawks. How many players on those Hawks teams had championship experience?

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    the hype for these big market players

You have yet to give me a valid reason for any of your points

A typical ISH poster
    Top to bottom the Knicks are better. Melo is the best player between both teams; Chandler is the best defensive player between both teams; Jason Kidd is the best floor manager between both teams; Amare, when healthy, is the best PF between both teams; and the Knicks have the better bench

How is this even a discussion?

National High School Star

Well Steve Novak and JR Smith played over 30 mins and combined for 22 pts against the Bulls tonight.

That playground style didn't work tonight I see

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    Well Steve Novak and JR Smith played over 30 mins and combined for 22 pts against the Bulls tonight.

Haters just waiting for a bad night

And look who the Knicks were missing..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Well if Melo, Amare, and Shumpert are all out in the playoffs, then you're correct. The style won't work.

FG 32.1% 3PT 34.8%

Haven't read the thread but to get by Miami, I think NY should focus on getting Rasheed in shape as soon as possible. Lebron will be able to neutralize Carmelo, but the Heat will have their hands full defending SCORING big men (Amare, Rasheed) in the post. And Rasheed can be VERY good in the post (when he puts his mind to it).

If, however, SAS reaches the finals opposite NYC, I hope they bury Rasheed on the bench (since he defends Duncan so well)

Local High School Star

Heat had "trouble" defending the 3 last season during the reg season too. In fact, so far they're defending it better .362 to.363 opponent 3P %

They don't/can't put in that level of effort over 82 games

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Knick's style like Dalas minus Matrix. OP should see full game instead of highlight

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Haven't read the thread but to get by Miami, I think NY should focus on getting Rasheed in shape as soon as possible. Lebron will be able to neutralize Carmelo, but the Heat will have their hands full defending SCORING big men (Amare, Rasheed) in the post. And Rasheed can be VERY good in the post (when he puts his mind to it).

If, however, SAS reaches the finals opposite NYC, I hope they bury Rasheed on the bench (since he defends Duncan so well)
    lebron neutralize Carmelo? When did that happen? Everytime those 2 plays against each other epic games happen, heck last playoffs lebron didn't neutralize nobody...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    lebron neutralize Carmelo? When did that happen? Everytime those 2 plays against each other epic games happen, heck last playoffs lebron didn't neutralize nobody...
    I meant guard/defend/balance each other. Heat's big men (outside of Bosh) are relatively weak and won't do well against SCORING big men (not like Perkins/Ibaka).

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    I meant guard/defend/balance each other. Heat's big men (outside of Bosh) are relatively weak and won't do well against SCORING big men (not like Perkins/Ibaka).
    Stoudamire yeah okay but T Chandler isn't known as a scoring force.

I do think the Knicks style is the only way a team in this East Conference can beat the Heat and actually for Knicks it has a championship precedence.

Those ring team Knicks shelled the NBA from downtown. In those days of Chamberlain Lakers, nobody was going to score in the paint. Not when it counted. But it wasn't just Wilt who controlled the key, there was also guys like Kareem at the height of his physical powers, Bob Lanier, Nate Thurmond, Dave Cowens.
    Knicks had one of the all-time great centers in Willis Reed - which to me Willis would be the best center in today's NBA with a separation not seen since Shaq's glory days - but Willis struggled his whole career with knees.

So that's exactly how the Knicks countered - longe range perimeter shooting. Jerry Lucas & Dave Debusschere would fit perfectly in today's game i.e., for those who don't know as far as scoring they were Novak of their era. But imagine TWO Novaks yeah it truly rained in those days.

My worry for the Knicks winning anything - and I very seriously doubt it can ever be overcome - is named Carmelo Hero Ball Hog Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    Stoudamire yeah okay but T Chandler isn't known as a scoring force.

My worry for the Knicks winning anything - and I very seriously doubt it can ever be overcome - is named Carmelo Hero Ball Hog Anthony.
    That's why I suggested getting Rasheed in shape. He CAN score from the post (when he puts his mind to it) and together with Amare will keep Bosh occupied. Carmelo just needs to get Lebron to expend some energy on the defensive end so he has less for the offense. That'll cut down on the Heat's 3pt shooting and force Wade to pick up the slack.