Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 11-30-2013, 10:40 PM   #106
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Default Re: Jabari Parker will emerge as the best ... according to Mike Wilbon

Yay, looks like I ISH will be blessed with the college version of Kobe vs LeBron this season on the college board.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #107
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
that was his first game at AFH, the loudest arena in college hoops. I couldn't give a fvck less if he was nervous and had a few bad plays. he's had 2 bad games and they've both been with a 100+ degree fever. if he keeps playing like this I'll concede, but I'm still pretty sure Wiggins is gonna be amazing.

It has nothing to do with a few bad plays. Parker had more than his share of bad plays the other night to be sure as well. Everyone does. It's about how stiff Wiggins looks.

He might turn out to be amazing. I hope he does. But I haven't seen anything yet that indicates amazing since he's been at Kansas.

I was as excited from his mix tape as anyone, but when I went to the McDonald's All-American game, and then watching him at Kansas he looks very stiff to me.
Aggressive and quick enough to score in transition yes, but that to me has nothing to do with great success at the next level.

Time will tell, but I haven't seen it regarding his supposed potential greatness. At all.
BIZARRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #108
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIZARRO
It has nothing to do with a few bad plays. Parker had more than his share of bad plays the other night to be sure as well. Everyone does. It's about how stiff Wiggins looks.

yea, you said that a few times, and I obviously diasagree. he floats and has long periods where he isn't aggressive, but I don't see the stiffness.

Quote:
He might turn out to be amazing. I hope he does. But I haven't seen anything yet that indicates amazing since he's been at Kansas.

Lol you missed the Duke game
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #109
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

Quote:
yea, you said that a few times, and I obviously diasagree. he floats and has long periods where he isn't aggressive, but I don't see the stiffness.

Lol you missed the Duke game

If that's your idea of amazing , and you're going on 1 half of 1 game, then my point is already made.

Maybe I'll go on double the time you gave, and we can discuss his 6 point performance last night.

Last edited by BIZARRO : 12-01-2013 at 03:55 PM.
BIZARRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #110
TheTruth11
High School JV MVP

Jabari put up 23, 10 and 5 last night against UCLA. 4 of 8 from deep. In front of 50+ scouts too at Madison Square Garden. No stage is too big for that dude. The more scouts, the bigger the stage... nothing but a thang.

Headed straight to the #1 pick
TheTruth11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #111
wakencdukest
Local High School Star

Maybe it's just me but, it seems Wiggins has a hard time creating any offense off the dribble due to his shaky ball handling. So far from the 6 or 7 games I've seen him play, he's great in transition and when he's cutting off the ball. Not that that's a bad thing though. When I first started hearing all the hype I thought he was gonna be another ball pounding ISO type player like LeBron but he's not really that type of player. The thing that impresses me is he ain't trying to cross someone over, he'll use the quick first step and just take 1 or 2 dribbles and get to the rim. At this point Parker can score from anywhere on the court and create with the ball in his hands, post up, or move off the ball. Offensively he is pretty far ahead of Wiggins, IMO.
wakencdukest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #112
noob cake
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakencdukest
Maybe it's just me but, it seems Wiggins has a hard time creating any offense off the dribble due to his shaky ball handling. So far from the 6 or 7 games I've seen him play, he's great in transition and when he's cutting off the ball. Not that that's a bad thing though. When I first started hearing all the hype I thought he was gonna be another ball pounding ISO type player like LeBron but he's not really that type of player. The thing that impresses me is he ain't trying to cross someone over, he'll use the quick first step and just take 1 or 2 dribbles and get to the rim. At this point Parker can score from anywhere on the court and create with the ball in his hands, post up, or move off the ball. Offensively he is pretty far ahead of Wiggins, IMO.

Handles is Wiggins's biggest problem. Shooting can be fixed. After 10+ years of basketball, a player's handle is not going to improve by that much.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:08 PM   #113
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

^^^

lol.... so does anyone still think Parker is better than Wiggins? or have y'all came to your senses yet?
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #114
wakencdukest
Local High School Star

Quote:
^^^

lol.... so does anyone still think Parker is better than Wiggins? or have y'all came to your senses yet?

They've both been pretty underwhelming lately. Parker started out the season impressively, but has fallen off lately. He needs to stop forcing everything on offense. Wiggins seems to be getting more comfortable with the college game, but hasn't shown any kind of consistency, he shows flashes of that freak athleticism in the open court a couple of times per game, but then plays passively for long stretches. He's definitely raw offensively. I think the real question is, will either of them be able to beat out Embiid for the number 1 pick in the draft? I doubt it.
wakencdukest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #115
k0kakw0rld
National High School Star

Career highs 29 points & 16 rebounds vs Boston College
12-17 FG .706 FG% only attempted 1 3p.
k0kakw0rld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:01 PM   #116
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N