Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Default What ISIS Really Wants

A great read for those who are not familiar with the terrorist group. This article provides an indepth look at who they are, the details of their agenda and how they differentiate from Al Qaeda.

Its long but worth the read.

[QUOTE]According to Haykel, the ranks of the Islamic State are deeply infused with religious vigor. Koranic quotations are ubiquitous.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: What ISIS Really Wants

**** Isis

I'd already read this, and it shows conclusively how heavily the group is influenced by islamic scripture and dictates. But I notice, in this thread, a lot of crickets from the craven muslim apologists on this site, who are so fantastically deluded by their moronic religion that they will deny any interpretation that conflicts with their idealistic 21st century peace-loving vision of Islam, as not simply mistaken, but that it is actually not Islamic at all, and the practitioners not muslims!!

That is to deny plain and observable facts. Too many Popes of Islam on this site smh.

"All Muslims acknowledge that Muhammad’s earliest conquests were not tidy affairs, and that the laws of war passed down in the Koran and in the narrations of the Prophet’s rule were calibrated to fit a turbulent and violent time. "

This isn't true at all. You'd wish, but it's not.

Well, several of the muslims on here certainly don't acknowledge any of that. Everything Muhammed did was peace-loving and benevolent in their eyes. Every punishment and conquest made by Muhammed was divine and just!

Nor can you blame the extremist sects from seeing the hypocrisy of moderate muslims, who preach that those aspects were just for 'that time an place' when the Qur'an is supposedly the final revelation, and not a simple edict for the here and now. It is not easy to convince people who think they have the final word of God in their hands otherwise, but it's downright foolish to pretend they aren't even practitioners of your religion. Foolish and an outright lie and denial of facts. Utter self-delusion: a frequent recourse for religiously insecure.

NBA Superstar

Religion is just the tie that binds, they want to kill Shiites. They are Sunnis and they want to kill their enemy.

The US, NATO etc. should leave the Middle East and let these guys duke it out.

   

i read that the other day. interesting but pretty depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Well, several of the muslims on here certainly don't acknowledge any of that. Everything Muhammed did was peace-loving and benevolent in their eyes. Every punishment and conquest made by Muhammed was divine and just!

Nor can you blame the extremist sects from seeing the hypocrisy of moderate muslims, who preach that those aspects were just for 'that time an place' when the Qur'an is supposedly the final revelation, and not a simple edict for the here and now. It is not easy to convince people who think they have the final word of God in their hands otherwise, but it's downright foolish to pretend they aren't even practitioners of your religion. Foolish and an outright lie and denial of facts. Utter self-delusion: a frequent recourse for religiously insecure.
    What? It is those extremly intelligent "ISIS" individuals who truly finally managed to interpret all of the very sudden God & Koran correctly and so 99.999999% of the muslims were wrong the whole time and hence need to be slaughtered, including every other human on earth?

Considering the muslim population (2nd biggest on earth)... if Islam was what YOU (and the likes of idiots like you) and your beloved ISIS friends so desperately want it to be due to your barbaric, psychotic indoctrinations & agendas, there would be hell on earth.... people would be extinct by now.....

Muslims are Humans just like you.... You think they are not capable of rational, logical, objective humanitarian benovelent thought....? If there was ANYTHING wrong with Islam they would have abandoned it, especially if it truly was something as ridicilous as ISIS wants it to be....... instead it has been the fastest growing religion on earth since Islam started.... why? Pick up the Koran, go ahead and read it.... you will see why.... you will also see why ISIS is going straight to hell....
    Last edited by pauk; 02-23-2015 at 07:28 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    What? It is those extremly intelligent "ISIS" individuals who truly finally managed to interpret all of the very sudden God & Koran correctly and so 99.999999% of the muslims were wrong the whole time and hence need to be slaughtered, including every other human on earth?

Considering the muslim population (2nd biggest on earth)... if Islam was what YOU (and the likes of idiots like you) and your beloved ISIS friends so desperately want it to be due to your barbaric, psychotic indoctrinations & agendas, there would be hell on earth.... people would be extinct by now.....

Muslims are Humans just like you.... You think they are not capable of rational, logical, objective humanitarian benovelent thought....? If there was ANYTHING wrong with Islam they would have abandoned it, especially if it truly was something as ridicilous as ISIS wants it to be....... instead it has been the fastest growing religion on earth since Islam started.... why? Pick up the Koran, go ahead and read it.... you will see why.... you will also see why ISIS is going straight to hell....
    The only reason it has been the fastest growing religion in the world is because it has been forced upon and thrust down the throats of native populations in south and east Asia as well as parts of eastern europe through war and violence. and a lot of those areas have enormous populations a lot of them relatively poor.

You act like people are picking up the koran and saying hmm this sounds good.. I'm gonna live the rest of my life this way lmao

Quote Originally Posted by pauk

Jesus Christ bud! What the hell is wrong with you!?

Stop being such a bigot and thinking all muslims conform to a single monolithic ideal that you want them to be. I didn't say their interpretation is the right one (that is what you're saying about yours and what IS say about their's), just that they have as much claim to an interpretation as you do, and that they are still muslims, however much you want to pigheadedly deny what is right in front of your face.

I suggest you go and live in a strictly Islamic country so you can see how very wrong and thick-headed you are. And i know muslims are humans 'just like me' - even IS are that, and they even have their own moral codes and definition of humanitarian behaviour (which they stick to). For them, smoking a cig is worse than beheading an infidel, and from no objective basis can i say they're wrong in this estimation. Simply, i can assert that i do not wish to live in a state governed by their rules, as i find them personally abhorrent, though many do not.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

You act like people are picking up the koran and saying hmm this sounds good.. I'm gonna live the rest of my life this way lmao

****in' A.

Look at these people that get beheaded or just sit around waiting to be shot by ISIS or other terrorist groups.

They're dumb enough to just sit there and take it. Dumb enough to believe it's all part of the plan. It's Allah's will.

Islam IS a poor man's religion. And the vast majority of the world is dirt poor.

Girls, just want to have fun!