Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #76
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Can anyone rock the guitar harder than clapton???

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
Sounds good. I have no beef with you. I was intrigued by this thread to begin with and that's why I've been posting. I do know what I'm talking about and I know our opinions on Hendrix obviously aren't the same but that's fine with me. I'm cool with it. Other people just piss me off when they try to get in on this.

Just like a black and white Joe Walsh looking strat?
The Clapton has a V maple neck, noiseless pups (I really like the lace sensors better), and a +25db TBX control. Sets it apart from a regular American strat.

Read more about its various nuances here:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...ter?sku=510637

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 03-06-2009 at 04:37 PM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #77
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
The Clapton has a V maple neck, noiseless pups (I really like the lace sensors better), and a +25db TBX control. Sets it apart from a regular American strat.

tight. http://www.fender.com/products/prod_...1200723_xl.jpg
That's my strat. The head's a little different though but other then that it's spot on. I went into guitar center looking for a PRS but all of their ones under a grand that I played were pretty much junk. They had a paul allender SE which was gorgeous but I didn't like it at all when I played it. I ended up getting the strat and I don't regret it at all
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #78
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness
Brian May is great and you're insane.

Uhh read that again. I was proving the point that his rock "bible" Rolling Stone is crap.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #79
HisAirness
Reno's Finest

HisAirness has decent reputationHisAirness has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
Uhh read that again. I was proving the point that his rock "bible" Rolling Stone is crap.

My bad. I apologize. I saw "crap" and "Brian May" in the same paragraph and I freaked out.

I would have to agree with you. Me and a friend had the same problem with that list. Kurt was like 12. Ridiculous.
HisAirness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #80
HAzE024
KRYPTONATE!

HAzE024 has decent reputationHAzE024 has decent reputation

At risk I'm gonna mention a darkhorse who is feloniously underrated - Trey Anastasio.

As for Clapton, anyone who is undermining Eric Clapton's guitar ability is clearly not familiar with his work with Blind Faith, specifically this, this or this (all 1st parts of two part videos)
HAzE024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:33 PM   #81
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAzE024
At risk I'm gonna mention a darkhorse who is feloniously underrated - Trey Anastasio.

As for Clapton, anyone who is undermining Eric Clapton's guitar ability is clearly not familiar with his work with Blind Faith, specifically this, this or this (all 1st parts of two part videos)
Trey is a good player. Whether he is underrated or overrated depends on whom you talk to. If you run into any Phish heads, you will likely hear the phrase "Trey is the greatest EVAR!!!!1!!" They tend to completely overrate him.

However, the main stream music fan likely doesn't even know who Trey is and a lot of people who do know about him scoff at the idea of him being a great guitarist simply because they don't like Phish.

"Inlaw Josey Wales" is his best work, imo.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #82
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How the **** is EDV listed as 70 on that list? I have him top 5 sometimes depending.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:08 AM   #83
HAzE024
KRYPTONATE!

HAzE024 has decent reputationHAzE024 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Trey is a good player. Whether he is underrated or overrated depends on whom you talk to. If you run into any Phish heads, you will likely hear the phrase "Trey is the greatest EVAR!!!!1!!" They tend to completely overrate him.

However, the main stream music fan likely doesn't even know who Trey is and a lot of people who do know about him scoff at the idea of him being a great guitarist simply because they don't like Phish.

"Inlaw Josey Wales" is his best work, imo.

That's a pretty valid analysis. I'd give him a little extra credit for the difficulty of improv, even if he isn't the most technically skilled (though he's up there).
Uh-oh, I'm starting to sound like the Phisherman you were describing above.
HAzE024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:08 AM   #84
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And I lost all respect I ever had for Clapton after he started doing pop songs... horrible. It's quite ironic because he wanted to leave the Yardbirds because they were turning too popish for his tastes, and 10 years later he goes out and does it like a pro...
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:47 AM   #85
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Are we only talking about rock guitarists? If yes, can we include John McLaughlin?

Of we're not limited to rock, what about Paco De Lucia, Al Di Meola, Wes Montgomery, Pat Metheny, John Scofield?

Also,here's a decent site for lists:

http://digitaldreamdoor.nutsie.com/pages/music0.html

their rock guitarists top 10

1. Jimi Hendrix* - Jimi Hendrix Experience
2. Eric Clapton - Yardbirds, Cream, Derek & The Dominos, Solo
3. Jimmy Page - Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin, The Firm
4. Jeff Beck - Yardbirds, Jeff Beck Group, Solo
5. Eddie Van Halen - Van Halen
6. Stevie Ray Vaughan* - Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble
7. Joe Satriani - Solo
8. Ritchie Blackmore - Deep Purple, Rainbow, Blackmores Night
9. Steve Vai - David Lee Roth, Whitesnake, Solo
10. David Gilmour - Pink Floyd, Solo
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #86
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
Are we only talking about rock guitarists? If yes, can we include John McLaughlin?

Of we're not limited to rock, what about Paco De Lucia, Al Di Meola, Wes Montgomery, Pat Metheny, John Scofield?

Also,here's a decent site for lists:

http://digitaldreamdoor.nutsie.com/pages/music0.html

their rock guitarists top 10

1. Jimi Hendrix* - Jimi Hendrix Experience
2. Eric Clapton - Yardbirds, Cream, Derek & The Dominos, Solo
3. Jimmy Page - Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin, The Firm
4. Jeff Beck - Yardbirds, Jeff Beck Group, Solo
5. Eddie Van Halen - Van Halen
6. Stevie Ray Vaughan* - Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble
7. Joe Satriani - Solo
8. Ritchie Blackmore - Deep Purple, Rainbow, Blackmores Night
9. Steve Vai - David Lee Roth, Whitesnake, Solo
10. David Gilmour - Pink Floyd, Solo
no band of gypsies for jimi? Terrible. Also, any list that has blackmore and gilmour over allman is terrible. I actually like most of your personal selections way way more than most of those on that list you posted. IMO the only one of those guys whos top 10 is probably hendrix. dont get me wrong, I like and respect all of them. I simply dont think they are the 10 best guitarists to play rock ever.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #87
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would just like to say Joe Walsh is incredibly underrated. Not just here, but everywhere. Not really his Eagles days, but when he was with the James Gang. YouTube doesn't have "Stop" from their first album, as I wished people could have listened to it. Great stuff on that song, my favorite.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #88
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
no band of gypsies for jimi? Terrible. Also, any list that has blackmore and gilmour over allman is terrible. I actually like most of your personal selections way way more than most of those on that list you posted. IMO the only one of those guys whos top 10 is probably hendrix. dont get me wrong, I like and respect all of them. I simply dont think they are the 10 best guitarists to play rock ever.

hm, it's not my list. I'm not really into rock and can't even say I have a solidified opinion on more than a few rock guitarists. Only think I know is I hate the Malsteem/Vai/Van Halen type of guitar playing. Too little musicality.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #89
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Randy Rhoads, Jimi Hendrix, SRV. There's three, shall I continue?

I'll take Clapton over all 3. He's my favorite guitarist of all time.
~LA's fine$t~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #90
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Oh ya, Ted Nugent is pretty bad ass.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: