Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-04-2006, 10:21 AM   #1
ptown_baller11
I airball my layups

ptown_baller11 has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade Rumors...

What do you think about the trade rumors goin around with Denver and La Clippers. Corey Maggette is thrown into the mix. If thats true I would have to imagin his value goin up b/c Denver needs another playmaker on offense other than Melo. What do you think of this, do you guys think I should try to trade while his values low or no?
ptown_baller11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:25 PM   #2
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptown_baller11
What do you think about the trade rumors goin around with Denver and La Clippers. Corey Maggette is thrown into the mix. If thats true I would have to imagin his value goin up b/c Denver needs another playmaker on offense other than Melo. What do you think of this, do you guys think I should try to trade while his values low or no?

yeah, if magette moves to the Nuggs then that shores up their hole at SG. JR Smith is very inexperienced and is a rollercoaster of a fantasy guy, but he continues to hold some perceived notion in the league of being a valuable yet untapped offensive dynamo. He'll get you 1 or 2 stls a game and upwards of 25 pts w/5 3s some games, others he's not gonna do much other than miss 15 shots. He looks to be defaulting into a 30 mpg SG on the NUGS. But DEN is not going anywhere with the team as it stands now. Maggette will not make DEN a playoff team as it looks like the NorthWest is going to produce at most 2 teams for the Western Playoffs - Minn &/or Utah.

If that trade goes through it's gonna skyrocket Maggette's fantasy value and shoot JR's right down to the basement most likely. I don't see LAC doing that unless they get someone else (other than the draining paper of Joe Smith) in the deal most likely from a 3rd team cuz DEN doesn't have much else to offer. Or, if the deal free's up mad $$ on the bottom line the Clips may do the deal if they seal up another trade that would be executed immediately after - one that is contingent on the JR deal. I don't see how that works as Joe Smith's contract is said to be tagged onto JR Smith in this deal.

I just don't see this happenig with the terms as they are reported (Maggette for JR Smith & Joe Smith). I suspect if this trade goes through then you may see an instant trade involving the LAC and some semi-star quality player because the LAC are not as deep as they would like to be and they rely on much production from older guys like Tim Thomas and Sam Cassell. Sure, JR may prove to be a better option at SG for the LAC down the road, but taking Maggette out of the mix leaves virtually NO other option at the SF spot for the LAC besides a volitale and aging Tim Thomas who doesn not have a great reputation for sticking out a full season with any team. Maggette can play both the 2 and the 3, but Mobley and JR are strictly limited to the 2G spot.

Therefore, if i'm the LAC I wouldn't touch this trade yet unless 1) some other team gets in the mix 2) the NUGS sweeten the deal or 3) there is a 2nd trade on the back end contingent on their getting JR Smith first.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: