Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
5foot6
I brick open layups

5foot6 has no real reputation yet.
Default tough situation.

ive played baseball my whole life, and i am good at it, but not good enough to get a scholarship or anything. all of a sudden, its gotten really boring, and i dont know if i wanna play anymore. ive never played organized basketball before, but whenever i play pickup games i play shut down defense, and everyone says im amazing at passing. and i can make l ayups just as good lefty as i can righty. im gonna tryout for the varsity team in the winter. should i not play baseball to work on basketball? or should i try to play both. if i dont play baseball, ill be at the park every day playing basketball, and ill be working out every day after school. how much would this benefit me for next year?
5foot6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: tough situation.

I didnt think you needed to lay-up with your 40+ inch vertical
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

LebronairJAMES has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
I didnt think you needed to lay-up with your 40+ inch vertical
or that 31inch standing vertical
LebronairJAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #4
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Seeing your body on that video of yours, stick with baseball. Unless your school is really small you look just way too short/skinny to play varsity. You would need to be very crafty/skilled.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #5
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

do whatever you enjoy doing. its rare to get a scholly outta hs so you might as well have fun playing sports. if you dnt like baseball dont play it.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
5foot6
I brick open layups

5foot6 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo
Seeing your body on that video of yours, stick with baseball. Unless your school is really small you look just way too short/skinny to play varsity. You would need to be very crafty/skilled.
my school only has like 600 people. but if i didnt play baseball i would be getting stronger going to the gym every day.
5foot6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm always a fan of playing as many sports as you like. If you like baseball and you like basketball, then play both. I do not believe it's worth it to give up a sport you like (assuming baseball) just to work double on another sport.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #8
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
do whatever you enjoy doing. its rare to get a scholly outta hs so you might as well have fun playing sports. if you dnt like baseball dont play it.

He's right. You shouldn't play sports just to get a free entrance into college... you should do what you like to do. And if you feel like you really want to go for it, practice your heart out and chase whatever you're dreaming.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:16 AM   #9
Button
I dunk on 12 year olds

Button has an OK reputation so far

Just do what you want to do, just make sure, ur not doing nothing.
And about losing the fun in basketball, give it time ull get it back i know so.
Button is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: