Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Does Lebron ACTUALLY make his teammates better?

Or is he just holding them back from blossoming and continuing their own personal dominance? I mean look at Wade before LeBron? Top 3 player in the game, just dominant...But with Bron? Glorified role player, doesn't consistantly touch the ball enough to stay in an consistant scoring rythem....Look at Bosh? 20-10 type player with an All round post game, multi time All Star and All NBA player, but with LeBron? Spot up corner shooting role player...And the only reason he isn't consistant at rebounding and defense is because he's not involved offensively so that mentally disrupts your All Round ability....

I'm sayin It's just weird that even with talent LeBron dwarfs his teammates just to fit his stat sheet. It seems like everyone around LeBron just plays for Lebrons stats. Look I know he's a great teammate n all and averages alot of ast, but What I've watched from his career seems like his talent overtakes maximizing his teammates abilities to properly effect a game...Just my 2 cents..

National High School Star

Default Re: Does Lebron ACTUALLY make his teammates better?

check bosh's stats before and after joining the heat... that tells you all you need to know..

one of the best all around PFs in the last 10 yrs, delegated to a spotup 3 pt shooter for the sake of "lebron ball"

No.

in fact he makes them worse

Lebron is the worst team mate in history.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

I think it's his teammates that make him better, they do everything they can to satisfy Lebron. Shooting the ball immediately when Bron passes to them, Bosh became a psuedo 3-pt shooter for him. Chalmers never even got a chance to develop into a real point guard.

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Of course he does. Lebron has just had the worst luck of any player ever, getting the worst supporting cast of all time, that absolutely cannot contribute to his team in any way shape or form

and if his luck wasnt bad enough, for whatever reason, a lot of these players were productive before joining up with lebron, and productive again after they leave lebron/he leaves them, but are absolute zeros during their time with the king. talk about bad luck!!!! can the guy catch a break??

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    check bosh's stats before and after joining the heat... that tells you all you need to know..

one of the best all around PFs in the last 10 yrs, delegated to a spotup 3 pt shooter for the sake of "lebron ball"
    this. Conclusion: all evidence points to lebron turning superstars into scrubs.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Depends on the player.

Guys that need the ball to be effective are naturally not going to get as many touches when playing alongside of him.

Low usage role player types are the kind of players that are gonna get way better looks and do better playing with Lebron.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

I think he helps his teamates get going when hes playing well and passing and there hitting shots. But i think he dont make players like Bosh or Wade better. They need the ball to be good like they were, when Lebron takes their touches it slows their game down.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Yes. Of course Wade and Bosh aren't going to score as much when they have share shots with each other. Lebron takes fewer shots as well. But look at how much more efficient they are with Lebron. All three of them have been hitting career high FG percentages every year. His play most directly benefits their shooters though.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jlamb47
    I think he helps his teamates get going when hes playing well and passing and there hitting shots. But i think he dont make players like Bosh or Wade better. They need the ball to be good like they were, when Lebron takes their touches it slows their game down.
    IMO Bosh's decline is on him. Dude just needs to man up and play more aggressively. Wasted talent on that roster if you ask me. He should be doing way more.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

He makes spot up shooters look really good.

But he has trouble playing with other players who like to create/have the ball.

Trying way too hard, guy.

It's almost like context is irrelevant around these parts.

Bran makes role players, aka anyone that can hit open 3s or can't dribble, better.

He makes any other stars worse. Players that can create their own shot.

With Melo, JR has topped out to his full potential ( ) and with Durant, Westbrook continues to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    IMO Bosh's decline is on him. Dude just needs to man up and play more aggressively. Wasted talent on that roster if you ask me. He should be doing way more.
    Lebron wasnt the cause of Wade and Bosh's decline. They just got older. Sure they dont score as much but the efficiency is there. Hell, Lebron takes way too little shots now if you ask me.

And Bosh's defensive rebounding is dreadful. No excuse for that.