Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

Default Charlie Bell

This is just a what if.... no rumor or anything with any substance. But Charlie Bell and Milwaukee have pretty much come to a stale mate and Bell and his agent have said he is going to play overseas in Greece next year. However his agent was asked about it recently and was quoted as saying "We are 100% sure we won't be signing with Milwaukee."

I still believe that the overseas is a pseudo-bluff and that Charlie wants to stay in the NBA (he's 28 there isn't really a shot at him coming back if he leaves). Supposedly Bell lowered his asking price from $5 mill a year to $4 mill a year and 4 years to 5 years or $3 mill a year/3 yrs with the 3rd being a player option. <---which Milwaukee declined.

He is a restricted free agent... but we could definitely use some help at point although I feel McInnis is useful I would never argue that Bell isn't a much more complete player. Maybe "talk him into staying" and coming to Charlotte. If Milwaukee were to match our offer which I don't see why they would since their FO has been nothing more than pricks to him so far.... I'd say we could get a S&T for a 2nd round pick.
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Default Re: Charlie Bell

I like Charlie Bell and I'd much rather have chased after him for 2nd PG duties over Touche'. The org. is obviously in minimum salary mode, but I would be real supportive of making that same offer (3 yrs 9 million /w 3rd player option) to Bell right now.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:24 AM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Bell would be nice, but he's more of a backup like McInnis and God knows we don't want any drama. Resign DA.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #4
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Bell would be nice, but he's more of a backup like McInnis and God knows we don't want any drama. Resign DA.

Do you mean drama as in a competition for 2nd PG duties? Touche's can get over it or we can cut him...only cost us about 700k.

Bell is a heckuva lot better than Touche', esp. on defense. 3 million for a guy who can play 2 (actually 3, but we're loaded at SF) positions pretty well.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:28 PM   #5
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

Quote:

yea... he was only guy who played in all 82 games for the Bucks last year... he did well starting at Point, 2 and Wing as well as coming off the bench in all 3 positions. I think the Bucks are idiots for not resiging him (Lynn Greer/Ramon Sessions are their backup point options w/o him). And I think we'd be stupid not to want him/try to get him.

There is no drama surrounding him... he doesn't want to start, he doesn't want massive amounts of money, he just wants a job and to be compensated fairly for what he does.
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Vincent thinks we need a big man. And I agree.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Quote:
Do you mean drama as in a competition for 2nd PG duties?
Kind of. I just don't want any of McInnis' attitude problems coming back and causing locker room issues.

Quote:
Vincent thinks we need a big man. And I agree.
Release Othella Harrington.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:23 PM   #8
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Release Othella Harrington.

I soooooooo wish! Something's telling me it'll be Hollins if we do release someone though...heckuva lot cheaper.

Milwaukee matched! They must really like players who expresses their wish not to be there anymore. I'm still glad they did; I don't want Miami to get even a little bit better as I'm planning on keeping them in that rear view mirror the entire season.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: