Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Anyone got a good method to lose weight?

I prefer dumbbells since I know how to use them. Anyways I can lift alright, average for my age. Whats a good weight for the dumbbells to be?

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    I prefer dumbbells since I know how to use them. Anyways I can lift alright, average for my age. Whats a good weight for the dumbbells to be?
    That's the thing, the weight of the dumbbells I use varies depending on what exercise I'm doing. For example, I shoulder press far heavier dumbbells than I curl and I chest press more weight than I shoulder press. You'd be better off buying a dumbbell set and finding out how much weight you can do for each exercise. Every individual has different capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Is He Ill
    That's the thing, the weight of the dumbbells I use varies depending on what exercise I'm doing. For example, I shoulder press a lot heavier dumbbells than I curl and I chest press more weight than I shoulder press. You'd be better off buying a dumbbell set and finding out how much weight you can do for each exercise. Every individual has different capabilities.
    well I dont have enough money. lol

Home of the 16

Stop asking questions & do some sit-ups right now. Drop 100. YOU'LL BE FINE.

well I dont have enough money. lol
    Just do body exercises and light cardio then. You can attain a nice, lean physique by doing body weight exercises. You don't need dumbbells to lose weight.

Home of the 16

"Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do."

I'm out.

What weight were you when you started and finished and What meals did you eat
    I was around 183 when i started and when i finished i was 155... I didn't have any specific meals or food that i ate.... i just didn't eat alot and stayed away from sugars. I watched my calories, how many i ate and how many i burned.. It's a bitch trynna burn off more calories than you intake... A lot of times, after workout i would buy myself Erbert Gerbert sandwich and that would be my food for the day. Also, don't eat 3-4 hours before bed. You don't wanna full stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by IInvented
    I was around 183 when i started and when i finished i was 155... I didn't have any specific meals or food that i ate.... i just didn't eat alot and stayed away from sugars. I watched my calories, how many i ate and how many i burned.. It's a bitch trynna burn off more calories than you intake... A lot of times, after workout i would buy myself Erbert Gerbert sandwich and that would be my food for the day. Also, don't eat 3-4 hours before bed. You don't wanna full stomach.
    How many hours did you run per day?

How many hours did you run per day?
    One hour a day or till i burned off 750-900 calories... depended on how i felt. After i ran, i worked out for 1-1.5 hours...

Banned

I need to start trying to lose some weight myself, since moving into my own place about 4-5 years ago I've put on weight. I used to be almost underweight but now i'm about 10 pounds overweight apparently because I can't be bothered cooking meals and end up eating junk. Hard too now my girlfriend lives with me there's less time I can spend by myself exercising and any food I make usually has to feed her too and she's picky with food.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

I heard just stepping on the moon drops your weight by 20%. 43 pounds down the shitter, there ya go.

WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

Eat right, and exercise... Reduce your calorie intake by a MINIMUM 500 to lose 1lb a week and this is off your calorie intake to maintain... You have to calculation your macro nutrients, and calorie to maintain... If you don't want to get too fancy, just eat less and spread your meals out. Have 6 small meals a day and hit the gym... You need high protein but low carbs and fats... Try to limit your fats on only good fats (not saturated or trans fat), you need to do your research because we can't give you all the info...