Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 647
Default The Return of Metta

Metta World Peace is returning to our lineup soon regardless of the outcome of this upcoming game 6. He will debut (God forbid) game 7 of this series or game 1 of our series against OKC. What effect will he have on this team and, particularly the OKC series with "the incident" between Mettas elbow and Hardens head. Should be a great one. Lakers in 5 vs. OKC.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
Default Re: The Return of Metta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Metta World Peace is returning to our lineup soon regardless of the outcome of this upcoming game 6. He will debut (God forbid) game 7 of this series or game 1 of our series against OKC. What effect will he have on this team and, particularly the OKC series with "the incident" between Mettas elbow and Hardens head. Should be a great one. Lakers in 5 vs. OKC.

kk, you don't stop do you?
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 647
Default Re: The Return of Metta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
kk, you don't stop do you?

I'm the Kobe Bryant of NBA forums.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
fiddy
HC4L
 
fiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 7,175
Default Re: The Return of Metta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
I'm the Kobe Bryant of NBA forums.
close enough
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
Default Re: The Return of Metta

Metta came up HUGE!!!!!!!
I am a bit concerned because there is no question that OKC and their fans will try to bait him into a fight.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
magicmanfan
Local High School Star
 
magicmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,402
Default Re: The Return of Metta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Metta came up HUGE!!!!!!!
I am a bit concerned because there is no question that OKC and their fans will try to bait him into a fight.

I'm also worried about Bynum... he's still immature and can be
baited into these similar bad situations....

Metta has a bit better control over his emotions.... most of the time.
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,934
Default Re: The Return of Metta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Metta came up HUGE!!!!!!!
I am a bit concerned because there is no question that OKC and their fans will try to bait him into a fight.

I expect the boos to be deafening
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:13 AM   #8
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
Default Re: The Return of Metta

Did you guys hear the comments by Kobe that the only guy he trusts to play hard every game is Metta. That is a very direct shot at Pau and Bynum.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:14 AM   #9
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports
 
All Net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,740
Default Re: The Return of Metta

He was huge defensively and made key shots

He has been missed.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,934
Default Re: The Return of Metta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Did you guys hear the comments by Kobe that the only guy he trusts to play hard every game is Metta. That is a very direct shot at Pau and Bynum.

I did hear that and Im happy he just came out and said it. I don't mind his off court or even on court issues sometimes as he always comes in playing more than his body can give.

I can't tell you how many times lawson and other guys we're getting opportunities because Bynum would refuse to roll over to the other side of the paint to block a shot....about 4 feet of walking. Couldn't even do that.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
BØBØ
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 1,905
Default Re: The Return of Metta

Peace is going to have to watch himself in this series. Refs will be watching him like a hawk, Brooks and his staff will be watching for anything they can leverage and Thunder players will be trying to bait him into mental mistakes. I expect to see some Thunder role players getting extra physical with him to get him out of his game, Lakers players and staff will have to have his back and keep him on track and focused at the task at hand
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #12
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman
 
TryToBeUnbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,691
Default Re: The Return of Metta

Stabilizing.
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,934
Default Re: The Return of Metta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
Peace is going to have to watch himself in this series. Refs will be watching him like a hawk, Brooks and his staff will be watching for anything they can leverage and Thunder players will be trying to bait him into mental mistakes. I expect to see some Thunder role players getting extra physical with him to get him out of his game, Lakers players and staff will have to have his back and keep him on track and focused at the task at hand

This
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy