Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 06-28-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Sonics trade away Ray Allen

Sad news for Sonic Fans...

Solid move for the future, but will we even be part of the future?

And this sucks though, Ray Allen is gone. Sam Presti I think didn't realize how much Ray Allen was to the Sonics since he was new
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sonics trade away Ray Allen

Sam Presti is building HIS team. Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis did not get them anywhere - now it's time for Kevin Durant and Jeff Green to get a shot. I think you guys have a solid nucleus to build around.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:35 AM   #3
anonymouse
Can barely lace up my sneakers

anonymouse has an OK reputation so far

I expect him to make some more moves as well. I cant understand why they would want to resign and keep Rashard. Durant is an upgrade at the same position and now they have Jeff Green looking for minutes in the same position as well.

So what happens, play Durant at 2? Hes been compared to T-Mac who also mostly plays 2. This could work and cause matchup nightmares for the opposition.

I like West coming over and i realize Wally was only for money reasons.

Heres hoping Presti has some more tricks up his sleeve and deals Lewis, some of our other SF players and Wally for a good C/PF and SG. Its sad to see Ray leaving but the future is looking brighter sooner.
anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:10 AM   #4
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Yeah on 2nd look the trade isn't that bad...Jeff Green has some potential, he is very versatile, reminds me of Brandon Roy

I don't want to let Lewis walk away for free thats for sure, and I'd definately ok with him returning and the Sonics going from there...
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:45 AM   #5
anonymouse

anonymouse has an OK reputation so far

The problem is Lewis' game clashes with Durant's more than Ray Ray's would have.

How great would the tandem of Durant and Ray been? Durant is a better inside-outside guy than even Lewis was, and Ray could have lived on the perimeter. That would be a nightmare for other teams to guard.

Now having two inside-outisde guys who play so similar... In my mind i cant see how it will work effectively.

Presti better have some cards he's not showing us because i see this as his first big mistake so far. Keeping Allen and then resigning Lewis and trading them both as a package could have netted us so much more it boggles the mind...

Now we have Durant we need to build a winner around him and i dont see how having a team stacked with swingmen is getting that done

Come on Sam, start building a winner, Seattle was given a gift today in Durant that could change this team's fortunes. Get him a good mobile centre and a good back court guard who can shoot, and open up to the fans, let us know what your master plan is.
anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #6
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default clearing house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Yeah on 2nd look the trade isn't that bad...Jeff Green has some potential, he is very versatile, reminds me of Brandon Roy

I don't want to let Lewis walk away for free thats for sure, and I'd definately ok with him returning and the Sonics going from there...

these moves are posturing for the future--- with an eye away from seattle in mind.

bennett wants a total fresh start. kc or ok city will be happy with anything they can get.

we will s&t shard; i dont expect rid to be around either...
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:12 PM   #7
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far

Yep I would expect a S&T with Rashard for a big man + something.

You guys will also be trading Ridnour Im afraid. You have 3 point guards right now that are capable of starting. So someone has to go.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:54 PM   #8
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Yeah but I mean it's sad to say but this is a buisness.Ray allen excuse me Jesus Shutelsworth was a great player but he is out of his prime and will only hold down the sonics progression.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:56 PM   #9
cdub1591
Banned

cdub1591 has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Re: Sonics trade away Ray Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Yeah but I mean it's sad to say but this is a buisness.Ray allen excuse me Jesus Shutelsworth was a great player but he is out of his prime and will only hold down the sonics progression.

Sorry Ray Allen is a shooter..He will always be a great shooter no matter how old he gets...Ray Allen is going to shine in Boston and seattle will regret it...Jesus Shuttlesworth could have molded Durant in 2 a better player but now he is going to help mold Gerald Green...God Bless Ray Allen
cdub1591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:23 PM   #10
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

I see a bright future for the sonics, but with Lewis and Ray Allen gone this becomes a team that is in a rebuilding phase. They do have some great young talent in replacement, but I see this team finishing in 9th or 10th and heading back to the lottery next year.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:08 PM   #11
Celtsfornewb

Celtsfornewb has an OK reputation so far

take it from a celtics fan, ray allen will probably win a championship or two in boston but seatle has a great nucleus now, all they need now is a solid big man and in two or three years i can see serious conteders. west is a great contributer. he came into the league as a 2 but the celtics molded him into a pg. he has great range, hes a great passer and he leaves it all out on the court, seatle will be winners in years to come
Celtsfornewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:48 PM   #12
truwarrior93
I brick open layups

truwarrior93 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtsfornewb
take it from a celtics fan, ray allen will probably win a championship or two in boston but seatle has a great nucleus now, all they need now is a solid big man and in two or three years i can see serious conteders. west is a great contributer. he came into the league as a 2 but the celtics molded him into a pg. he has great range, hes a great passer and he leaves it all out on the court, seatle will be winners in years to come

well for sure the sonics but seatle???
truwarrior93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: