Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
       

Default French Open 2012

wow... this is pretty amazing, even for serena. she was the hottest woman player on tour but just had one of the biggest tennis meltdowns of all time.

apparently she was up 5-1 in a tie-break, already ahead a set in her first round match, and only had to win two points to put it away. instead she misjudged a line call, lost the point, and completely fell apart... even worse than ever before. cried in to her towel during the set break and then got smoked in the third set.

side note- looks like this is the official site (tennis channel) to watch live matches on the internet:
    http://www.b2livetv.com/flashplayer/2012fo.html

not sure if rolandgarros.com is doing that, for some reason. when i tried earlier it looked like all they offered were highlight videos.

Default Re: French Open 2012

Watched the third set. She was down 5-0, but actually came back to 5-3 and had I think 6-7 break points to go back on serve, but couldn't finish the job. The French opponent (can't remember spelling so not gonna try lol) also was quite lousy in that game. It took her 8 (ya, you read right) match points on her serve to finally win.

I just came in here to say FUCK DJOKOVIC

Quote Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
    This.

Let's go NADAL

Sucks that my boy Milos got stuck in Nadal's quarter, but him vs Monaco in rd 3 should be a good test.

Nadal kinda got a nice draw with no Fed/Djok/Berdych/Delpo in his half and Soderling being out still. Not like it matters as he's such a force at the FO.

Quote Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
    y u so mad?

Relax, Djoker got this...

Love Tennis... can't really stand clay courts of the French Open. The surface essentially neutralizes the majority of the top players, placing all the focus on movement, endurance, and return game.

   

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Love Tennis... can't really stand clay courts of the French Open. The surface essentially neutralizes the majority of the top players, placing all the focus on movement, endurance, and return game.
    those sound like good things to me. the way tennis was for most of its existence... before the rackets got so insanely light and powerful. nowadays serve and volley isn't much of a strategy anymore, which kind of takes away half the fun. i mean, sometimes more power is not always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    those sound like good things to me. the way tennis was for most of its existence... before the rackets got so insanely light and powerful. nowadays serve and volley isn't much of a strategy anymore, which kind of takes away half the fun. i mean, sometimes more power is not always a good thing.

I agree, and disagree. Those attributes are important, but I prefer diversity. Guys like Isner and Roddick literally have NO CHANCE of ever winning the French Open. I'm surprised if either even makes it out of the first round... which I don't think either did. You could say that they are being punished for their weaknesses, but playing on hard and grass courts doesn't remove the effectiveness of stamina, speed, and return-game like clay does to big servers and power-hitters.

   

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I agree, and disagree. Those attributes are important, but I prefer diversity. Guys like Isner and Roddick literally have NO CHANCE of ever winning the French Open. I'm surprised if either even makes it out of the first round... which I don't think either did. You could say that they are being punished for their weaknesses, but playing on hard and grass courts doesn't remove the effectiveness of stamina, speed, and return-game like clay does to big servers and power-hitters.
    pretty much.

i may be biased, however. i'm a big fan of the average joe who works his ass off to get to an elite level... improving every single area of his game because he absolutely has to. call it the steve nash effect, or something.

the americans always suck at the clay. but i think its a great surface. its entertaining to see the slides and slower play. obviously the speed of the court is the slowest of all 4 majors (even that is debatable with the way they have slowed W, USO and AO), its a lot more fun to watch upsets occur on clay.

   

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Seriously, BOTH Williams sisters are out already.
    really? shit...

as much as i despise serena, i'm that fond of venus. i was really hoping she would be able to take one more major, hopefully this one. shit.

Damn, Novak barely beat Seppi. He was down 0-2, and pulled of a 3-2 win, played first 2 sets awfully...

My man Djokovic came out victor after yet another breathtakingly close game, he saved 4 match points to overcome the French giant who was at his best form I ever seen him.
    Djokovic never gives up

fed will release his asshole beast from within on djoker

here is a glimpse.