High School Varsity 6th Man moaz's Avatar

Default Americans (no dual-citizens) Fight for Israel in Gaza Strip

Two already killed in the fighting, one of them was a sniper. When I read that I was interested and found this very informative article
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mid...-strip-n161441

[I][QUOTE]"Two who came from the United States were Max Steinberg, 24, and Nissim Sean Carmeli, 21. They were among 13 Israeli soldiers and at least 65 Palestinians killed on Sunday in Gaza in the first major ground battle of the Israeli incursion.
    Steinberg was a sharpshooter and Carmeli a sergeant.

Steinberg

Good college starter

Default Re: Americans (no dual-citizens) Fight for Israel in Gaza Strip

So this is cool, but when Muslim kids from the west go to fight in Syria then thats a terrible thing? These double standards are disgusting.

And why does he want to fight for Israel? Its not his country, and its not like they need his help. They have had a miniscule amount of deaths, so hes not really protecting anyone. He was essentially going into a group beatdown of one guy and helping the group.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by moaz
    Two already killed in the fighting, one of them was a sniper. When I read that I was interested and found this very informative article
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mid...-strip-n161441

To be honest I am not very comfortable with the bolded part. I can understand if you have strong ties to the country of your faith brothers and do everything you can to support it, but your loyalty should be to your own country. If someone feels that he must go and fight then he/she should take the nationality of the other country. What if he joins the US Army and has to do something which has to do with Israel which he does not agree with? (and I'm not talking about fighting here).

The other scary thing (at least for me) is that the sharpshooter guy is from California, where many American Arabs live. Imagine that he could have been in the same high school class with some Palestinian Americans with family ties to Gaza just 4 years ago.

How would the feel now when the know that he was killed in a clash in Gaza city that left around 70 Palestinians killed (many of them civilians)?
    We currently have a problem with this in England except our's are going to Syria and Iraq and fighting FOR ISIS. It's a scary concept when your religion means more to you than your home country.

At least with the Jewish people you know they won't commit terror acts when they return.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    We currently have a problem with this in England except our's are going to Syria and Iraq and fighting FOR ISIS. It's a scary concept when your religion means more to you than your home country.

At least with the Jewish people you know they won't commit terror acts when they return.
    England/UK is NOT their home country.

As far as I'm concerned, anybody who leaves to fight for another country...... Don't come back.

Banned

Well Israel is a nice place to live if you dont live in the part that gets attacked by Rockets. Any Jew from anywhere in the world is allowed to go there and become an Israeli citizen but they must first serve 2 years with the IDF to obtain citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Well Israel is a nice place to live if you dont live in the part that gets attacked by Rockets. Any Jew from anywhere in the world is allowed to go there and become an Israeli citizen but they must first serve 2 years with the IDF to obtain citizenship.
    Even if they're like 50?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    So this is cool, but when Muslim kids from the west go to fight in Syria then thats a terrible thing? These double standards are disgusting.

And why does he want to fight for Israel? Its not his country, and its not like they need his help. They have had a miniscule amount of deaths, so hes not really protecting anyone. He was essentially going into a group beatdown of one guy and helping the group.
    Maybe he wanted to become an Israeli citizen and take advantage of their wonderful socialized welfare system, beautiful women, and beach resorts on the red sea

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Even if they're like 50?
    I doubt it, but I'm not an Israeli immigration lawyer so it's not like I'd know all the rules.

College superstar

I doubt it, but I'm not an Israeli immigration lawyer so it's not like I'd know all the rules.
    Are you tempted to live in Israel at some point in your life?

Good college starter

Maybe he wanted to become an Israeli citizen and take advantage of their wonderful socialized welfare system, beautiful women, and beach resorts on the red sea
    He wanted to get a good view of the kids on fire across the border into Gaza.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    Are you tempted to live in Israel at some point in your life?
    If I didn't have to join the IDF, sure why not. I imagine it would pretty much be like a non-shit version of Egypt, where I already have lived. I been to Sharm on the red sea and it was really nice water, I imagine the Israeli side is nicer

However I don't believe in violence and wouldn't want to join the IDF, even though they'd probably just put me in a desk job. I certainly wouldn't want to live there if it meant I had to go on combat missions in to Palestine. I have met many people who have been in combat in the IDF and they've told me it's horrible.

They have to do things like warn a building it is going to get bombed and then bomb it an hour later anyways even though their are people who have ignored the warning and are dancing on the rooftops in order to maximize Palestinian casualties. That sounds like one of the worst jobs ever, being in the IDF.

High School Varsity 6th Man moaz's Avatar

Nick and the facts, the non ending story of mutual exclusion .

Wikipedia

The Law of Return grants all Jews the right to immigrate to Israel and almost automatic Israeli citizenship upon arrival in Israel. In the 1970s the Law of Return was expanded to grant the same rights to the spouse of a Jew, the children of a Jew and their spouses, and the grandchildren of a Jew and their spouses, provided that the Jew did not practice a religion other than Judaism willingly
    They might have to serve in the army, because as I understood, every Israeli is in the army until they are 45 years old.

But this is not the point here, those guys are so called Lone Soldiers (if you weren't allergic against facts u would have read the article). Lone soldiers keep their original citizenship and choose not to apply for the Israeli citizenship.

Why are people constantly trying to scrape up dirt on Israel? Who gives a shit?