Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #16
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Default Re: US Unemployment Rate drops for the first time in 15 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Because Dick's Sporting Goods and Pathmark were 10x worse. And my loss prevention job is pretty damn good while I'm going to school.
I was just wondering because I knew a guy that worked at Walmart and hated it. Well I guess its better than no job.(Me)
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #17
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I used to know alot of 12 tribe black israelites....

their brand of religion is as valid as all the other ones....

any by the way here is the real picture of Jesus

That's not entirely true.

Jesus of Nazareth was a real historical figure. But was he a Prophet? Messiah? Revolutionary? ... Crazy Person?
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #18
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
I was just wondering because I knew a guy that worked at Walmart and hated it. Well I guess its better than no job.(Me)
Any retail job you get is going to suck ass. And why no job?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:34 PM   #19
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Any retail job you get is going to suck ass. And why no job?
I am not legally allowed to work because of my visa status. I have no idea how I am going to get through school.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #20
Smokee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
Obama knows nothing about how to handle a US economy. His solution is to throw more money at it and promise to create public sector jobs.

This guy was literally 10 times better than Obama in understanding our economic problems.

Unemployment basically stays stable for one month at historic highs and people are giving him high fives? I got news for you, you would be happy with a shiny piece of crap if that's the case. America CLEARLY chose the wrong Democrat for office.

Bill has supported pretty much everything Obama has done. When he was on Larry King he was praising Obama.

Everyone who pretends they know more than Obama's administration with their own way of getting us out of this mess, would've had us in a depression with no signs of recovery right about now. Its a joke how much some people criticize and yet their plan was letting everything fail where unemployment would be 100x's worse. Companies don't reinvent them self overnight, it takes decades.

Speaking of which, wheres Hawker to comment on this?
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #21
Rasheed1
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
That's not entirely true.

Jesus of Nazareth was a real historical figure. But was he a Prophet? Messiah? Revolutionary? ... Crazy Person?

Im talking about Jesus the Christ... The sun of God and the light of the world... the savior of mankind.....

If you can prove that Jesus of Nazareth existed, then you should be able to prove he healed the sick and brought the dead back to life and he walked on water...

the only place you can find anything close to a confirmation of jesus christ in reality is Josephus are really all there is.. I would think if Jesus existed he would have garnered a bit more attention for raising the dead and healing the sick and walking on water..Josephus works are very suspect also..

also the stories involving jesus are obviously lifted from older stories.... you know this already...

many of the objects discussed in the bible existed in other religions before hand... (the ark of the covenant for example was actually and egyptian artifact)
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #22
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Unemployment rate includes people actively looking for a job. If someone stops looking for a job, they are no longer considered 'unemployed'.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #23
dnyk1337
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Jesus was already black. Obama = Jesus 2.0.

lol jesus wasnt black. stop lying to yourself.
dnyk1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

The unemployment rate will rise by the end of the year. 10% is what i see.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #25
giantgonzolez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman
Then who is this guy?

I don't know but it's certainly not Jesus as he was a wool haired bronze skinned Palestinian Man.
giantgonzolez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #26
supersmashbros
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Im talking about Jesus the Christ... The sun of God and the light of the world... the savior of mankind.....

If you can prove that Jesus of Nazareth existed, then you should be able to prove he healed the sick and brought the dead back to life and he walked on water...

the only place you can find anything close to a confirmation of jesus christ in reality is Josephus are really all there is.. I would think if Jesus existed he would have garnered a bit more attention for raising the dead and healing the sick and walking on water..Josephus works are very suspect also..

also the stories involving jesus are obviously lifted from older stories.... you know this already...

many of the objects discussed in the bible existed in other religions before hand... (the ark of the covenant for example was actually and egyptian artifact)

Basically Christianity is a conglomerate of all the older religions and their fables and traditions. The Christmas tree and all the other Christian Holidays are derived from older pagan religions Christianity absorbed or destroyed.
supersmashbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #27
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
They just hired 25 people at the Walmart I work at...and cut the hours of all the people who were already there. The more hours the store manager cuts the bigger his bonus is at the end of the year.
question. Do you get any benefits? My understanding is that they work you the max hours they can without considering you full time (and benefit eligible). meanwhile encouraging their employees to get their benis through government assistance. THis has all been documented as practices by walmart, but I wonder if its isolated or widespread. Or if its changed even with the negative press they received.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #28
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
lol jesus wasnt black. stop lying to yourself.
well, he wasnt "white" either. so you should also stop lying to yourself.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #29
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
I am not legally allowed to work because of my visa status. I have no idea how I am going to get through school.
loans *****es.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #30
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
Bill has supported pretty much everything Obama has done. When he was on Larry King he was praising Obama.

Everyone who pretends they know more than Obama's administration with their own way of getting us out of this mess, would've had us in a depression with no signs of recovery right about now. Its a joke how much some people criticize and yet their plan was letting everything fail where unemployment would be 100x's worse. Companies don't reinvent them self overnight, it takes decades.

Speaking of which, wheres Hawker to comment on this?

So it's not ok to critique Obama's admin. but it's ok to critique what a real conservative would do?

Ok...

Everyone that pretends they know more than the Bush administration is stupid. Dont critique the iraq war. You didnt know what's going on. Dont critique the patriot act. You're not smarter than Bush. Dont critique his tax cuts. Dont think you know what's you're talking about.

Nobody ever said that letting companies fail would lead to f*cking candyland straight off the bat. And companies take decades to reinvent? Got any examples of this? I would say 7-10 years tops.

You'll be singing a different tune in the future. Trust me.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: