Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What would KD have to do to get the "Top 10 All-Time" talks going?

He's obviously top 3 in today's NBA.

I'm in no way, shape or form suggesting he is a top 10 all-time player, but he has obviously shown huge potential to be in consideration of it.

What do you guys think? Other than the obvious of winning a few rings, what would Durant need to do to be in the talks of Top 10 All-Time?

A better question would be: How soon do you think top 10 talks for KD will start up? Do you even think he'll be top 10 all-time when his career is over?
    Last edited by Scholar; 11-16-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Default Re: What would KD have to do to get the "Top 10 All-Time" talks going?

The same as everyone else, win a few MVP's and rings.

I don't see it. Maybe he'll be that level of player later on, but as of now. No. Can't see it.

I usually hit open layups USABall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    He's obviously top 3
    Not top 2? I hope you're not suggesting or thinking Kevin Love is better than Durant based on a few games..

I think he will be youngest player to reach 20,000 points, or at least be second behind LeBron.

He needs to win a couple of MVPs, and at least one ring to get into the top 10.

If he keeps winning scoring titles, that will help a lot as well.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

FMVP before he turns 28.

Will get the talks going for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    I think he will be youngest player to reach 20,000 points, or at least be second behind LeBron.

He needs to win a couple of MVPs, and at least one ring to get into the top 10.

If he keeps winning scoring titles, that will help a lot as well.
    I doubt he will be the youngest to 20000.

He's 7508 point short of the mark, and he has a maximum of 238 games left to get there. So if he plays every single game, he will need to average at least 31.6ppg (which he has never done for even a single season).
    Last edited by BigTicket; 11-16-2013 at 06:26 PM.

High School Varsity 6th Man NLZ's Avatar

He'd have to continue to improve first and most of all...

At least 2x MVPs, more scoring titles, big games SANS excessive free-throws, playoff performances, improved defense / alpha-ness and at least 2x RINGS. I'd also like to see him overtake or outplay an elite contemporary on a big stage. At least for me, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    At least 2x MVPs, more scoring titles, big games SANS excessive free-throws, playoff performances, improved defense / alpha-ness and at least 2x RINGS. I'd also like to see him overtake or outplay an elite contemporary on a big stage. At least for me, anyway.
    Meh. Does anybody really care about scoring titles? I mean, wasn't the scoring title always seen as somewhat of a "you're not a team player" award until Jordan started winning titles?

Becoming a 1st option on his own team would be a nice start.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Meh. Does anybody really care about scoring titles? I mean, wasn't the scoring title always seen as somewhat of a "you're not a team player" award until Jordan started winning titles?
    Considering that's his strongest attribute, I consider it in KD's case to be important. Same goes for Kobe. He's known for scoring, admittedly that's usually his focus and he really only has 2 scoring titles. LeBron has 1, and he admits scoring isn't his primary focus. The rest of the guy's on the top ten list who weren't scoring centric, it doesn't matter to me as much.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    It depends on their other stats. Someone wins a scoring title with like 1-2.5 APG, than yeah, you a selfish bastard.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

MVP awards and/or Championships. Until he has multiple, he definitely is not. It's that simple.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

A few 30-7-5 seasons on good efficiency , a couple of MVPs and then a couple of rings.