Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Decent playground baller redboy's Avatar

Default Re: Blazers are a Pau Gasol away from contending

their offense would be crazy with pau's passing from the hi/low post. i can easily imagine that team breaking the record for most 3's made in a game

that being said, lopez's defense is more valuable than what pau contributes on offense. pau's often been a liability on defense this year, giving up 30+ points to guys like nene and amir. his mobility is limited and i just feel that he would make the blazers' defensive woes even worse

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    *blinks*

Huh....I don't really like it for the Blazers. I don't know if their fans like it or not. But I feel they need someone like Marc Gasol (probably won't get him) than Pau Gasol. In my opinion, they need a center who can defend at a higher level, help get rebounds, and score in the post moderately. I guess you have that with Brook Lopez, but you need someone who plays at a higher level defensively I guess.

They are second to last at defending the paint. They allow 47.5 points per game there. The Lakers are dead last. Gasol would probably make that worse.

But I don't know. I hardly watch them this year. I just know that their defense kind'a suck. If they could get their defense to be...top 15 or something, they could go to the finals. Top 10 to have a chance to win it. Their offense is fine. I feel like Pau Gasol would improve their offense, but wouldn't help out their weaknesses.
    Ok. cool story.

On topic, well, Pau Gasol's contract is up and if Blazers really wanna contend, they should really aim for Pau. I don't see any other big man at the moment

Good High School Starter jalbert009's Avatar

They need Omer Asik.

Quote Originally Posted by redboy
    their offense would be crazy with pau's passing from the hi/low post. i can easily imagine that team breaking the record for most 3's made in a game

that being said, lopez's defense is more valuable than what pau contributes on offense. pau's often been a liability on defense this year, giving up 30+ points to guys like nene and amir. his mobility is limited and i just feel that he would make the blazers' defensive woes even worse
    I think Pau would be an insane bench option for them. If McCollum can develop into a decent scorer/secondary ball handler, he and Pau could be a sick duo off the bench for them.

*blinks*

Huh....I don't really like it for the Blazers. I don't know if their fans like it or not. But I feel they need someone like Marc Gasol (probably won't get him) than Pau Gasol. In my opinion, they need a center who can defend at a higher level, help get rebounds, and score in the post moderately. I guess you have that with Brook Lopez, but you need someone who plays at a higher level defensively I guess.

They are second to last at defending the paint. They allow 47.5 points per game there. The Lakers are dead last. Gasol would probably make that worse.

But I don't know. I hardly watch them this year. I just know that their defense kind'a suck. If they could get their defense to be...top 15 or something, they could go to the finals. Top 10 to have a chance to win it. Their offense is fine. I feel like Pau Gasol would improve their offense, but wouldn't help out their weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by jalbert009
    They need Omer Asik.
    Yes. Morey wont trade with them but Asik is absolutely what they need.

*blinks*

This. We need to worry more about a defensive anchor in the post than a scorer. Asik would be perfect but he's a ***** and Morey is delusional as to his worth.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I'd like Pau on the Blazers, but I'm guessing his contract will be more than the Blazers should (could) pay.

My push recently has been for Blazers trying to sign Okafor as a backup C next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    they should really bid for him when his contract is up. Even though I love Pau, but he's gotta go because we're tanking
    Gasol is washed up. He's a half court player; who's not suited to the speed teams in the NBA now.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Pau Gasol would actually be a terrible fit defensively next to LMA. Offensively he'd be fantastic but I don't see how they aren't a contending team already?

Quote Originally Posted by GoranDragon
    They have LMA.
    I see why this idiot was banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    Gasol is washed up. He's a half court player; who's not suited to the speed teams in the NBA now.
    Gasol is playing on a team with the 3rd highest pace in the league, and is averaging 20 and 10 in the last 10 games

The man can still play

Man they shouldve really targeted him

NBA lottery pick

Blazers need a Larry Sanders type of nikka.

Blazers have the best defense in the league lol. Why do they need Pau exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Blazers have the best defense in the league lol. Why do they need Pau exactly?
    Their current center is kaman... This current blazers team cant go far in the playoff because lack of a good C