Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hornets/Rockets/Pacers/Nets Trade w/Murphy, Ariza, Lee, Others...

This link explains the trade in further depth. Any questions are answered here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5455472

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    I also think Darren Collison will have the PG job at Indy. Sorry TJ.
    He DEFINITELY will. That's not even debatable.

Where OJ Mayo Happens mayo'sgrizz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AI3Anthony
    I really don't like this trade for any team. NO can get more for Collison right now. His trade value is very high.

i mean it works out for indy tho. troy murphy for darren collison
    what a steal. best young PG in NBA. gonna put up numbers in indy. TJ Ford......GET BACK TO THE BENCH

Quote Originally Posted by mayo'sgrizz
    i mean it works out for indy tho. troy murphy for darren collison
    what a steal. best young PG in NBA. gonna put up numbers in indy. TJ Ford......GET BACK TO THE BENCH
    Best young PG in the NBA? Debateable.

Oh also didn't mention it but love this deal for the Pacers. Getting a possible all-star quality 2nd year point guard for Murph is a lot better than that trash the Cavs were offering last year.

I have a few questions about the Pacers though - Who is the Pacers starting shooting guard? I like what I've heard about George but can he even play the 2? Has Brandon Rush improved at all since he's been in the league?

EDIT - Forgot about Lance Stephenson, I hear the Pacers were impressed with him at summer league but they don't think he can start this year do they?
    Last edited by 2LeTTeRS; 08-11-2010 at 02:44 PM.

I don't get this for NOLA

They should rather do something like this

Okafor & Posey -4- Kenyon Martin
    Collison -4- Roy Hibbert + future 2nd round pick

why live??

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    This trade is good for everyone but Houston. Why give up Ariza for Lee?
    Because they are aiming to have an offensive player and defensive player at each position?

CT: Yao (DEF) / Miller (OFF)
    PF: Scola (DEF) / Patterson (OFF)
    SF: Battier (DEF) / Budinger (OFF)
    SG: Martin (OFF) / Lee (DEF)
    PG: Brooks (OFF) / Lowry (DEF)

With Hill, Jefferies, Harris, Hayes, Johnson & Taylor.
    Very well rounded team.

Houston did the trade to relieve themselves on some Salary Cap. If you read the link I posted after resigningKyle Lowry and Luis Scola and then signing Brad Miller they were 8mil over the luxury tax. This move for them was to shed a contract.

Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

I like this trade for all participating teams.

Where OJ Mayo Happens mayo'sgrizz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AI3Anthony
    Best young PG in the NBA? Debateable.
    who else would u consider big homie. (i mean excluding rose,cp3,dwill)
    i kno they young but they all stars already who would u take over collison thts come out in last 3 drafts?

NBA lottery pick

Indy definitely got better with this move. I think it makes sense for the Nets too. It suprises me that people thought Favors would start and play major minutes this year when most of the experts considered him more of a project type of guy who needs a year or two before being an impact type player. I think getting Murphy in there gives them someone solid next to Lopez and really solidifies their front line. Houston loses out talent wise on this but I guess they save the money they want. I think the Hornets were trying to show Paul they were committed to him somewhat. Besides they also got a guy who will come in and be a starter rather than a 6th man too. I like the trade for them. There was no reason to have both Collison and Paul on that roster.

NBA lottery pick

Darren Collison ain't that good man...dude is a shooter though.

Decent playground baller the_chosen_1's Avatar

ESPN says it is just waiting on league approval as of 2:27 pm.

If this goes down it may be the best move Bird has ever made.

Good High School Starter kabalcage's Avatar

This is rare. Great trade for all teams.

New Orleans has a credible starting SF, can move Peja to the bench. Also get rid of Posey's contract.

Pacers get their starting PG.

New Jersey could be the biggest winners here; they get a massive expiring $12m contract. A good start for the summer of Carmelo; he's from Brooklyn, isn't he?

Rockets already have talent at SF and get a cheaper guy that was useful on ECF champs Orlando Magic. I'd still like to have Lee, he was a pretty good role player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Darren Collison ain't that good man...dude is a shooter though.
    Sounds like someone that's never seen him play.