Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    Magic Johnson

Default Re: Clippers and NBA-owned Hornets have agreed to Chris Paul deal in principle

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr
    Yeah, didn't Rip just get amnestied?
    I don't know he got amnestied or his contract expired. I haven't been paying much attention to that situation. He'd be a DECENT fit in LA though. I think a guy like JR Smith would do well there too.

Default Re: Clippers and NBA-owned Hornets have agreed to Chris Paul deal in principle

they traded Eric Gordon, WOW

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Gordon is due an extension as well. Give me Paul over being forced to pay Gordan 12 mill a year.

All this is a no brainer. Can't believe anyone could say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I don't know he got amnestied or his contract expired. I haven't been paying much attention to that situation. He'd be a DECENT fit in LA though. I think a guy like JR Smith would do well there too.
    He got bought out. Not amnestied.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr
    Yeah, didn't Rip just get amnestied?
    Rip was waived.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    So, was it ultimately okay for a league-owned team to nix a couple of deals until they could find something the ownership found to be satisfactory?
    the problem is not that they said no.. it wasnt an owner turning down an offer he didnt like. stern ****ing veto-d for basketball reasons. wtf.

also, ALL ABOARD THE LAKERSAREGETTINGRAPED train. CHOO CHOO

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Now our starting SG is Foye. We have no back-up center, no back-up small forward.

Zero depth. And Mo Williams + Bledsoe are 100% going to be traded for crap players.

We absolutely got bent over. The Hornets had NOBODY ELSE BIDDING on CP3. And they took all of our best assets for a guy coming off a knee injury with a 2 year contract.

**** this squad.
    You are tripping man. The Clippers got a legit superstar. They get to pair up Griff with CP3 and you are pissed? I will admit, they gave up a lot. But you now have 2 legitimate superstars. You get a guy who will make both Griff and Deandre better. AND you get a player who will likely keep Griffin around for an extension.

Clippers are now a legitimate playoff team. No doubt about it. They have holes, but they are going to be filled because now players will come on the cheap. You get the superstar players and then worry about the rest.

CP3 is a guy who can finally dig this team out of the ground. Losing Gordon hurts. But he was also injury prone and no way of knowing if he was going to turn into a superstar.

Saw a basketball once Troll Sodomizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    J Jack
    Gordon
    Ariza
    Kaman
    Okafor
    15 wins, maximum.

Not airballing my layups anymore bih's Avatar

clippers got david stern'd

the phuck did they give up for CP3 that will be around for 2 years before heading to Lakers

I hope New Orleans makes the playoffs, wins the lottery, and Eric Gordon becomes the 2nd greatest shooting guard of all time.

I also hope Blake Griffin breaks his legs and CP3 shatters his knee caps. This is what this franchise deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    No doubt
    that is how good Chris Paul is. They were gonna be a playoff team with the roster they had from last year.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Chauncey Billlups is planning to meet Vinny Del Negro and Clippers staff for dinner tonight, source says. Buyout for dessert?

And Jesus you guys are overrating Gordon if you think this deal was that awful.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    No one is reading this post.
    Too small not to read.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    FOUR point guards. Billups-Bledsoe-Williams-Paul.

Magic Johnson

I'm really surprised a guy like Ariza wasn't included in the deal.